Godzilla Movie

Is Godzilla (2014) angry?

4584 Views16 Replies
Forum Topic

FrogNation

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-22-2014 1:30 PM

I know godzilla is meant to be awakened by an ancient enemies return but if you look at wondercon footage if it's still up that is, you can almost see godzilla... "Grimace" in disgust or hatred at the MUTO and then roar. This is in the airport scene before it fades to black Does this Godzilla have emotions? If anything I see godzilla as more than just some animal but actually a complex dinosaur with a personality(a pissed off one at that) but kinda in the same way that dogs, marine mammals, crocodiles or medium-large birds of prey do. IMO, godzilla in the movie is giving off a vibe of someone who is angry and ready to stand up to a bully( the bullies being the MUTO) when he swam all that way to fight the MUTO's, Godzilla had a face of "There you are you little s*** >:("

16 Replies

Bykowsky

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-22-2014 2:23 PM

Yeah, It's looks like he is angry. We can see it in Airport scene, even it's in bad quality, but it's clearly readable angry grimace before The Roar. As some man on this forum said - his face just sayng - "I'M HERE TO END YOU, F****** Insect"

Kyorah16

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-22-2014 2:23 PM

Chances are being struck with a weapon of nuclear devastation, coupled with the fact that your natural enemy still roams the Earth, would be enough to miff somebody a little.

Dragonlord Tevin

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-22-2014 2:25 PM

Yeah looks like I wasnt the only one, I agree Godzilla looked pretty pissed off as hell when he saw the muto.

But yeah the question is that was it just the way Godzilla's face looked naturally or was he giving off a mad face you know?  I guess we'll have to see about that.

MagggleShackle

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-22-2014 2:37 PM

I wouldn't say angry as in human angry like if some stole my wallet but rather an animal angry like you would see between a snake and a mongoose.

Sicoepath

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-22-2014 2:57 PM

Yeah he did look pretty pissed off at the little guy.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaApr-22-2014 3:17 PM
Indeed! Godzilla certainly seemed as if he was a bit, um, cross with the MUTO. We can all be a bit irate when we've had too little sleep. ;)

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-22-2014 3:18 PM

He had a look similar to what most animals look like when they approach/smell a rival.

Kinda like this:

"Daddy's home- cake every night,"

TW_G-Fan2014

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-22-2014 4:12 PM

It's a nice way of looking at things, but unfortunately you're projecting human emotions onto an animal. That doesn't work. Godzilla looks angry because of the skeletal structure in his face. He always looks angry basically. You'll never see a creature like Godzilla smile or look happy. His actions do the talking for him.

When he faces off against the Muto in the wondercon footage, he does so with aggression, not anger. They are two different emotional and mental states. Many people mistake aggression with anger, but you can be aggressive wihtout being angry.

GODZILLA HIMSELF

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-22-2014 4:41 PM

true, agression and anger are different, for example, the joker is aggressive but definetly not angry

king of the monsters

LazyGecko

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-22-2014 6:06 PM

Do any of you guys know where I can see the wondercon footage? ...and i'd say he seems pissed from what I've seen

Devianteist

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-22-2014 6:12 PM

@LazyGecko- You're too late to the party, sadly, my friend. Chris Picard has laid the ban hammer on any and all information pertaining to the watching of the Wondercon footage.

As for Godzilla's "anger," I will agree it is probably more-so animal-like aggression. His sentience plays more of a role in problem solving and battle than emotion.

Deviation is not shameful. Conforming is.

Linkzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-22-2014 7:29 PM

Is he angry towards humanity? No, that whole Castle Bravo thing is all in the past now, and it didn't really hurt anyways.

Is he angry towards the Mutos?

What do you think?

Kage432

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-22-2014 9:21 PM

It all depends on Godzilla's level of intelligence, same with all intelligent life. Taking in account what Gareth has already mentioned in interviews about the monsters having personalities coupled with fact that there are incarnnations of Godzilla that feel emotions like sadness and anger I would say I believe he's angry or capable of anger. There are many old Godzilla films and comics that displayed him operating at a greater level of intelligence than your average animal. A golden example is when Destroyah killed Jr. Godzilla attempted to save his dying son and when he failed he was overcome with sadness and anger, and I personally challenge the idea that he was just overheating and that was all. Now that being said, you may think that Gareth is after a more realistic take on the king and as such he cannot possibly harbor emotions as complex as hate and anger, but if Godzilla is as intelligent in this film as his predecessors or he's simply something more than I believe it fits realistically in the story.

#NEWBLOOKEDATMYSHIKAI http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/077/0/9/Aizen_Motivational_by_draconichero18.jpg

Something Real

MemberGodzillaApr-22-2014 10:17 PM
KAGE432 - Very nicely phrased, sir. And YOU HAD TO MENTION GODZILLA JR. DYING, DIDN'T YOU?! Now I'm getting all teary-eyed! ;)

Kage432

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-22-2014 10:27 PM

@SOMETHING REAL - My apologies lol. And I'm glad you enjoyed reading my points.

#NEWBLOOKEDATMYSHIKAI http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/077/0/9/Aizen_Motivational_by_draconichero18.jpg

Something Real

MemberGodzillaApr-22-2014 10:34 PM
KAGE432 - Hahaha! It's quite alright. :)
Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums