Forum Topic

TH3RATTL3SNAK3

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-28-2014 7:13 PM

IMDB SUCKS

skreeonk

22 Replies

kaijugroupie84

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-28-2014 7:33 PM

The people discussing it really have no idea what's going on...this film is NOT a sequel to the 1954 Godzilla film.  This is a reboot to the series which means they are re imagining the character, the only thing that happened in 1954 was the Castle Bravo nuclear test that awakened him.

Moses

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-28-2014 7:37 PM

What KaijuGroupie said is correct.

They obviously have no idea what they're talking about.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

ratedrex

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-28-2014 7:48 PM

I will admit I am a little nervous.  I'm starting to see tell-tell signs of a movie with possible problems.  The five minute leaked video; the 20 minute video to the special audience; the publicized comment that ToHo loved it, are all marketing ploys to pump up the audience without actually showing the movie to anyone of significants (like a critic).  The MUTOs may  actually hurt the movie, too,  because monster vs. monster has never done well with American audiences.  Even the budget of only $160 million makes me a little nervous ("Pacific Rim" was $190 million and "Iron Man 3" was $210 million).  But in the end its just a movie.  If I can survived the horrific Godzilla 1998, I can survive anything.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaApr-28-2014 7:53 PM

I don't think it's a question that this person didn't like it. I think he's just making a false claim about having seen it and trolling iMDB. Lets be honest, iMDB is a breeding ground for trolls. I usually walk away from there believing nothing if actually read any of it at all.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

kaijugroupie84

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-28-2014 7:56 PM

^Amen, Gman, that's what I'm betting as well.

TH3RATTL3SNAK3

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-28-2014 7:59 PM

@GMAN2887 Yeah It's definetly troll city over there, anybody with eyes in their head could see that lol. I just wanted to hear what you guys thought, cause I personally don't care what people think when it comes to movies, I decide whether or not I like it and I'm sure you guys will do the same.

skreeonk

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaApr-28-2014 8:03 PM

Well in this case I don't think it's someone's opinion. I think it's just someone trying to get fans' feathers ruffled because he has too much time on his hands and iMDB is the popular place to do that.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

kaijugroupie84

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-28-2014 8:03 PM

^Amen, to that as well!

Moses

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-28-2014 8:07 PM

TBH, I avoid IMDB like I avoid venomous spiders in real life.

It's basically the kingdom of trolls over there.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonApr-28-2014 8:23 PM

Yeah, I REALLY wouldn't take this too seriously.  I hardly ever even think about IMDB, I have no use for it.  But apparently it attracts trolls like misogynist pigs to a Playboy convention.  Have no worries, my fellow G-Fans... this movie will be incredible. :)

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

talisman

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-28-2014 8:46 PM

Guys, its not about IMD, its about a guy who has connections, and he is responding to a tweet about another movie.

Go to "Sneiders" comments on his twitter account and he is talking about a different actor and a different movie.

@TheInSneider I hear it's not that great

talisman

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-28-2014 8:49 PM

This is the original tweet about another movie:

Jeff Sneider ‏@TheInSneider  2h

@grey603 Can't wait for that movie and yes, I've heard Kitsch is really good in it...

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaApr-28-2014 8:51 PM

We'll find out one way or another in 17 days. No point in getting nervous over one person's opinion.

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4

TH3RATTL3SNAK3

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-28-2014 8:51 PM

@TALISMAN You're right.  He's referring to an actor by the name of Taylor. He's not talking about godzilla at all (Thank God).

I thought he might be referring to Taylor Johnson because he mentions 'Savages' but no.

skreeonk

gojifan02

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-28-2014 9:05 PM

@(awesome)Chris Picard, can u make me a time traveling machine to go and teleport to may 16 and watch the movie and come back to tommorow and review it?

RESPECT THE GOLDEN MIRUmiru

gojifan02

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-28-2014 9:09 PM

sorry about me being childish

RESPECT THE GOLDEN MIRUmiru

Kage432

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-28-2014 9:10 PM

I hear its sunny in new york at 12am during winters.

#NEWBLOOKEDATMYSHIKAI http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/077/0/9/Aizen_Motivational_by_draconichero18.jpg

Kage432

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-28-2014 9:12 PM

Even if 1000 people thought the movie was bad, I would still go to see it all the same. Because 1000 people and I are about to have a disagreement.

#NEWBLOOKEDATMYSHIKAI http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/077/0/9/Aizen_Motivational_by_draconichero18.jpg

Reggie1138

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-28-2014 9:20 PM

There really needs to be some kind of screening process for threads on this site. People post stuff without having facts straight then the community goes beserk and all for nothing. This had nothing to do with the upcoming Godzilla film. It was about an upcoming Taylor Kitsch movie somone thought it was about Godzilla posted a question and one of us ran back to this site without following up on whether the conversation was truly about Godzilla. Take a deep breath and relax everyone. We've waited a really long time for this I myself have waited a life time for it. Nothing is going to kill my joy for this. I don't give a damn what anyone says. 

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaApr-28-2014 9:24 PM

@Reggie

That's actually a fantastic idea that I would love to have implemented. It would certainly cut down on the amount of repeat and weak threads-- which we have plenty of both.

I don't see it happening, unfortunately, but I'll bring it to the knights of the round table anyway.

Moses

MemberMothra LarvaeApr-28-2014 9:26 PM

Well thanks for the correction.

Good thing he's not talking about Godzilla.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaApr-28-2014 10:36 PM
TH3RATTL3SNAK3 - Indeed. Well spoke. No need to get embroiled in debates from Trolltopia. Simply stick to your own thoughts and make up your own mind when the movie is at last revealed to us in the coming days. :)
Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums