Godzilla Movie

Godzilla-Movies represents GODZILLA in the fight against SMAUG!

2994 Views15 Replies
Forum Topic

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaMay-07-2014 2:23 PM

Last week, I was contacted by Michael Calia, an editor for The Wall Street Journal. He was preparing a fun article, which was going to pit the King of all Monsters, Godzilla, against the destructive Dragon, Smaug, from The Hobbit. With both the new Godzilla movie and the next Hobbit movie releasing this year, the match-up was almost unavoidable. Godzilla-Movies.com was lucky enough to represent the King of Kaiju in this match-up and the article is now LIVE!

Behind-the-scenes, staffer, Gman and I collaborated our points, representing Godzilla's corner in the fight. The article is a fun read if you've got a few minutes to spare.

You can read the entire piece, here!

Let me know what you thought by commenting below. 

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4
15 Replies

Duratok

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-07-2014 2:27 PM

I read it earlier, that's awesome that they contacted you!!

Did you talk much with the Smaug representative, and did y'all have any points on which you disagree?

junkerde

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-07-2014 2:28 PM

Smaug wins.

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaMay-07-2014 2:31 PM

@Duratok - no, unfortunately we didn't get to have a group chat about the match-up. That woud've been fun! 

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4

joaomlo2

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-07-2014 2:34 PM

The outcome was obvious. No wonder Godzilla is known as THE King of Monsters. I don't think that Smaug (the Smaug Monster XD) would even tickle G's scales. The only thing that I think that Smaug is superior to Godzilla, would be the intellect (mostly the ability to speak), making him not dangerous on direct confronts, but in manipulation, using others (humans and/or other monsters) to resolve his conflict with G.

Smaug The Magnificent

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-07-2014 2:46 PM

I never signed up for this........

I Believe In Harvey Dent

Moses

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-07-2014 2:55 PM

This fight was obviously one-sided in the first place.

Smaug wins in personality but in terms of fighting, Godzilla easily takes that.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Duratok

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-07-2014 3:03 PM

@ Smaug,

Haha, I'm imagining you getting boxing gloves strapped to your hands and pushed into a ring with Godzilla with this 'Why am I here and how do I leave' look on your face.

Anguirus the Great and Powerful

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-07-2014 3:21 PM

I am certain I speak for the entire kaiju fan basis when I say this but thank you Chris for representing the King so valiantly against that filthy salamander

\"M.U.T.O.: Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism. It is however no longer terrestrial; it is airborne.\" -Admiral Stenz

petedj06

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-07-2014 3:54 PM

This was a treat to read! Two of the all time great fictional beasts (and personal favorites of mine) going toe to toe. Thanks Chris and Gman for doing this!

Godzillatheking123

MemberBaragonMay-07-2014 6:59 PM

I got nothing against the Hobbit or the LOTR people, but its clear Godzilla will lay the smack down on Smaug. That being said, Smaug does have intelligence and manipulative powers. I can forsee how Smaug can try to scheme his way to victory if he cannot win by strength or power alone. Of course, his ego is his weakness and ultimately will be turned against him, so Godzilla will still ultimately win. 

True American Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-07-2014 7:30 PM

First off, great news! I'm glad to be a part of the "American Godzilla Team"! :)

Even if those movie folks captured the TRUE FORM of Tolkien's Smaug {See below for Tolkien's own pic plus two very accurate fan pics} Smaug still couldn't stand up to the American Godzilla. If our Godzilla survived a NUKE in the 50s, then nothing Smaug can dish out can hurt Godzilla.

Godzilla's Atomic Breath is (typically): extreme heat, nuclear radiation, and pressure (depending on the version). Even IF Smaug could survive the heat, he couldn't take all that radiation and live. Smuaig is very tough, but not equal to this American Godzilla I suspect, so again Godzilla wins. Smaug maybe clever, but on various films Godzilla has shown to be very clever himself.

{Tolkien's own drawing}

{Very accurate fan-drawing by Strenco}

{Smaug's TRUE underbelly by aizakmoon}

I believe in Jesus Christ, who's my Lord and Savior.

John 3:16, Job 41:1-34, Leviticus 18:22

Something Real

MemberGodzillaMay-07-2014 9:03 PM
CHRIS PICARD - Hahaha! That was fantastic! Thank you so much for bringin this for our entertainment. I like Smaug a great deal - he's such a magnificent creature. That being said, Godzilla does unfortunately outgun him in most departments - with the excpetion of intelligence (I'm assuming...). :)

ZillaForLife

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-07-2014 11:11 PM

I havent read the Hobbit in a while but dosen't Smaug get taken out by some 'mystical' arrow?

Something Real

MemberGodzillaMay-08-2014 10:50 AM
ZILLAFORLIFE - You're absolutely correct. Smaug the Golden is killed by the "Black Arrow" loosed by Bard the Guardsman. Your memory serves you quite well. :)

Lone

MemberGiganMay-11-2014 2:03 AM

Fantastic that they contacted you Chris!

Haha that was a fun read!

THE LONE GUNWOMAN

"Let The Cosmic Incubation Begin" ~ H.R. Giger

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums