Godzilla Movie

My message to the community and a bit about the future of Godzilla-Movies

1557 Views13 Replies
Forum Topic

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaMay-14-2014 9:21 PM

August 2012, Godzilla-Movies.com went online. It started as a basic page, with minimal news and a bare forum. Following the exciting announcement and reveal at 2012 comic-con, I was pumped up and hyped to create a website dedicated to one of my childhood heroes and obsessions; Godzilla. I worked to design a website that not only served to provide news on the upcoming film, but to also to grow the existing Godzilla fanbase. I set out with one mission - to become one of the best places on the net for Godzilla fans to reside. This site has become a great place for any Godzilla fan and I'm overjoyed to see what it has become. The people I've met, the friends I've made and the opportunities we've been given, as a community are immense and I couldn't be happier.

Godzilla gets Scified

Yes, we had moments where we struggled, and yes, I'd be the first to admit that we've been played in the past. We've had our ups and downs, but no matter what, we've stayed level. We've continued to grow and welcome new members to the community. 

Ultimately the site has become an amazing place, and it's all thanks to you, the members. So, I wanted to make this post to thank each and every one of you, who log in every day, contribute to the site, share your thoughts, ideas and speculations. You are the reason Godzilla-Movies.com was created and you're also the reason why it has thrived. You are the ones who made it all possible.

Now, I know some of you have been wondering what happens with this site after the film's release. My answer to that question is "both nothing and a lot". By nothing I mean, the site will remain online, as long as I can afford to host it. By a lot I mean I plan on giving the site and specifically the forum template a big upgrade. 

With Godzilla FINALLY getting released, I wanted to make sure everyone on these forums knew that I consider this place as much yours as it is mine. This is your Godzilla forum and if you have any requests / ideas on how it could be improved, don't hesitate to let me know. 

It has been an honor to get to run this site and I've had a blast doing so. It's been so much fun tracking the latest trailers, interviews & new images. It's surreal to think I'll actually be seeing the film tonight. But thank God(zilla) I will be. 

So, thank you, to all of you, for making Godzilla-Movies.com what it is today. I look forward to geeking out with you all following the film's release and speculating on the potential sequel(s)!

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4
13 Replies

SapphireOverlord

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-14-2014 9:30 PM

Well said Mr. Picard!

LONG LIVE THE KING OF THE MONSTERS!

Something Real

MemberGodzillaMay-14-2014 9:43 PM
CHRIS PICARD - That was an extremely kind and insightful post. I very greatly appreciate all the hard work you've put into this site - all the hours you've undoubtedly dedicated to making certain we all have a neat gathering place within which to share our thoughts and enthusiasm. I know it's been rough at times. No ocean remains calm forever. However, if you've built a strong enough boat, you can weather any storm. Your site is a mute testiment to the engineering necessary to create a lasting presence in the world of Science Fiction. The honor is all mine to have the pleasure and privilige of being able to come here and enjoy the sites, sounds, and people. Thank you ever so much for what you've done. I look forward to what's waiting down the road for us all.

Moses

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-14-2014 9:56 PM

I remember first finding this site around Comic-con 2012.

I'm surprised I haven't signed up until today lol.

I'm hoping that the changes coming to the forum template will give it a more traditional forum feel. Will this also make use the recommended 200x200 avatars instead of resizing them to a very primitive size?

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Anguirus the Great and Powerful

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-14-2014 9:59 PM

As the new film's release grows nearer i would like to thank Chris Picard, Instinctive Gigan, Something Real, Gman2887, Deadite Kaiju, and many more old and new members for making this site the fun place what it is. This post may seem kind of final but I would like to say that I have began to think of everyone on the forum as kind of a second family; a group of people who you can share your art/ideas with and recieve little to no judgement from it and the judgement you recieve is only constructive. Again, thank you all and happy May 15 in about two hours and thirty minutes!

\"M.U.T.O.: Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism. It is however no longer terrestrial; it is airborne.\" -Admiral Stenz

Something Real

MemberGodzillaMay-14-2014 10:30 PM

ANGUIRUS THE GREAT AND MIGHTY - I greatly appreciate your thanks. However, we all - including you - make this site a great place. Never sell yourself short! I certainly hope that you continue to come to this site even after Godzilla (2014) has made its debut! There will be plenty more to speak about - I assure you! :)

JosephCronos

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-14-2014 10:52 PM

wow , that picture bring up back so many memories , i remember watching the first related news to the movie over here, all i gotta say is GRACIAS TOTALES! , and Captain. Chris Picard i salute you sir.

And for everybody who's going to the premiere day ( thursday 15th and friday 16th) , HAPPY PREMIERE DAY!

LONG LIVE THE KING ! 

Chris

AdminSpaceGodzillaMay-14-2014 10:55 PM

@Godzillasaurus Rex, regarding the avatar size, no. Bigger avatars is actually more "primitive" ;) haha, keeping the images smaller save on bandwidth, and also take up less space, so you can scroll down and read replies more easily.

Regarding forum layout, it will change slightly, yes. But it will keep with our unique design which I developed for the Scified network. The classic forum layouts you come across on older sites, or sites that use freeware, I find look dated. The look I'm going for is unique and modern, something that makes us stand out. 

The main goal of the next upgrade will be to improve usability. So instead of showing a recent post feed, we'll have a recent discussion feed ordered by most recently replied to. This will help prevent topics from getting burried. The forum homepage will get a vast improvement soon. 

That being said, I do appreciate feedback, so any suggestions ideas you have which you think could improve your time on this site, please do share! 

Hyped for: Alien: Romulus | Badlands (Predator 6) | Cloverfield 4

Godzilla'swrath

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-14-2014 11:17 PM

all these speeches make me think of this song....(I used this in my speech thread)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T36814aSawM

Godzilla'swrath

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-14-2014 11:19 PM

Guys I think i'm seriously gonna cry!

Deadite Kaiju

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-14-2014 11:57 PM

That was an amazing and meaningful speech Chris! I thank you a lot for this site. Without you, it wouldn't exist. Thanks for everything!

Akio123

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-15-2014 12:04 AM

Thank you Chris, and everyone else. I may not comment too often, but I come here everyday and read everything. It is so incredible to connect to others who share a similar love from my childhood. The film is EXCELLENT. Incredible. The best monster movie I've EVER seen. Im going to see it two more times. OH YES! BUT, I will continue to be apart of this site. Remeber, haters gon' hate, but this site is wonderful. And time consuming ;) In a good way. 

Paddy_GorillaWhale

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-15-2014 1:18 AM

Awww you guyyss *initiatates mass G-Fan group hug*

"Even though we walk through the valley of the shadow of Godzilla, we will fear no spoilers, for Gojira be with us; his atomic breath & his awesomeness, they comfort us..." Lmao :)

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-15-2014 5:39 AM

No, Chris, thank you. Without you, this site would never had been made all of us would have never known each other. Nor would we have gotten all this great news. Nobody would be posting speculation threads or showing us news before the big mainstream sites got it. Thank you Chris, thank you.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums