Godzilla Movie

Any Monster is Possible in the Godzilla (2014) Sequel! Confirmed by Max Borenstein!

8857 Views31 Replies
Forum Topic

InstinctiveGigan

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 2:08 PM

As we've all joyously heard awhile ago, a sequel for the film has already been confirmed and I'm sure a lot of you are wondering if a TOHO monster will be used or another original. Well you'll be glad to hear if they do use a TOHO monster, no monster will be out of the question. At least according to Max Borenstein who says, and I quote (literally):

"If we're fortunate enough to make a sequel, then I think the choice of what character that might be, whether it's a Toho character or a new one, it's always going to have to be dictated by finding a way in to that character that feels of a piece with the tone we're establishing. So you asked earlier if picking a grounded tone is why we didn't have, Ghidorah or whatever? Not really, because I think there is a way to take any of those characters and put a fresh spin on them that might feel more of a piece tonally with our film than it would with maybe a campier, light-hearted version."

Here's the article that contained this info; it also tries to report on the whole "Mothra end credits scene" bull but it's still as fake as Godzilla himself, only pay attention to the sequel talk.

Link to Article

So with that being said, what TOHO monster would you like to make an appearance first; regardless of "realism" or not? Do I really have to say mine?

31 Replies

kaijudinosaurfan12345

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 2:14 PM

list of monsters i want.but i wish legendary could make a monster island movie with old and new monsters

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonMay-19-2014 2:15 PM

gigan would be cool to see in the sequal, but i would prefer to see monsters that haven't been seen for nearly 10 years or longer

1.anguirus

2.titanosaurs

3.i know you guys will hate me for this but i would like to see hedorah

4. king ceaser

5. or even megalon

some of these were in final wars i realize that but others would be better in my opinion. :)

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

DannyBlazor

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 2:16 PM

Anguirus, Varan, Rodan, or Ghidorah. Varan isnt well known so we could cross him out but I added him there because he is a realistic creature. Anguirus has a high chance because he was in the 2nd movie (Godzilla Raids Again) so why not put him in this 2nd movie? Rodan seems realistic also but too many people were expecting him in the latest one so a little doubt on him. If we're talking about foes here, Ghidorah is the way to go but I'm sure they'll change his appearence tremendously by giving him...yes...arms. Mothra isn't on here because I think it's one of the most unrealistic, fairies and giant eggs doesn't seem to fit in with the realistic category.

Dragonlord Tevin

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 2:20 PM

Biollante is my most realism pick, but to go harder, Id say King Ghidorah of course hah

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 2:23 PM

Definitely Biollante for me. Also Varan, Baragon, Mothra, and Destoroyah (All forms).

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

DannyBlazor

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 2:26 PM

Keep in mind that Biollante also had the spirit of a little girl inside

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 2:30 PM

They could take a different approach with her.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

InstinctiveGigan

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 2:31 PM

Yeah, it's really simple. Just make Biollante NOT have a little girl spirit, then what do you have? A giant killer plant kaiju

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonMay-19-2014 2:32 PM

well lets see the most realistic characters of all of them are

1. anguirus

2. kumonga

3. kamakiras

4. ebirah

5. gorosaurus

6. titanosaurus

7. biollante

8. mothra

9. maybe megalon :)

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 2:32 PM

That would be cool.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonMay-19-2014 2:36 PM

guys i just want to go out on a note here, but lets let the studios take their time with this sequal and not just jump in with whatever. sometimes the longer we wait the better the results are. :)

remember it like this, after terror of mechagodzilla 1975 it was almost 10 years before the king made an epic return, now since 2004 with the newest film 10 years later 2014 we got one of the best movies ever, not saying it was the best but defenitly our top 10 favorites. :)

Devianteist

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 2:37 PM

Well damn, you beat me to it InstinctiveGigan, by 16 minutes. Hm. How did I not see this thread? Ah well.

I would love to see Biollante, Hedorah or Destoroyah. The first two could easily be used to spread a subtle message about interfering with Nature's balance (genetics and pollution respectively), while the latter is just purely from my love of the demonic crab.

Deviation is not shameful. Conforming is.

The-True-Batman

I had this thought that Ghidorah could do without arms if he were a type of Wyvern. He could become bipedal during big fight scenes and spread his wings out for intimidation. Also, I think we could have him be a nuclear reactor of sorts, since nuclear fission creates heat and electricity, giving his beam a reason to exist.

Major Noob

These are all great ideas. My pick would be Hedorah, that was always my fave.

Major Noob

oops double post sorry!

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 2:38 PM

They should definitely take their time with it.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonMay-19-2014 2:39 PM

exactly gojira2k. :)

I say let them have at least 3 or even 4 years to work on it. :)

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 2:41 PM

That would be enough time. There are other movies we can see that are coming out.

leaper

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 2:42 PM

that could mean king kong , king ghidorah , or anything

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonMay-19-2014 2:43 PM

true very true plus if you are like me i'll be watching it when the dvd releases for that ammount of time. :)

Welp got to go, got to start working on that graphic novel, peace out guys, you all take care. :)

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 2:55 PM

king ghidorah, gigan, mothra, battra, baragon, varan, gorosaurus, godzilla jr, destroyah, anguirus, and orga

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 3:05 PM

I'm guessing Orga is out of the question. He's an alien and that doesn't really fit into this Godzilla universe. :c

If a Toho monster were to be put in, I would bet money on Anguirus. :)

"Daddy's home- cake every night,"

Top Hat Gyaos

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 3:20 PM

King Ghidorah, they dont have to change him up all that much, they don't even have to give him arms. Just update his wings so that he can walk on his back legs and his wings, like a wyvern. Either him, or bring in Gigan or Destroyah.

Be yourself, for everyone else is taken.

halomaster2468

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 4:23 PM

For my sequel idea, I am taking a more scientific approach for featuring the monsters, if there are going to be any (which is likely to fight Godzilla). I will not go into depth of characters, only the monsters and basic plot. I want to see Rodan, Mothra, Titanosaurus, Gigan and Anguirus. By scientific, I want to go into detail of what is in the monster's genetic makeup, as if they were created by the government within 30 years after the Godzilla movie. This is to make the monsters more realistic than ancient or extraterrestrial. For Rodan, his genes would be comprised of fossilized pterosaur DNA (of Hatzegopteryx, the largest of any known pterosaur). For Mothra, her genes would be comprised of giant moths living in South America and fossilized genes found in Carboniferous-era giant flying insects. For Titanosaurus, his genes would be made up of whale (I think he has some kind of sonar), pilosaur (giant sea reptiles), and amphibian genes. For Gigan, this would be a different story for his origin. His genes would be made up of the fallen MUTO's (his single shining red eye would explain), bird genes, dinosaur genes found in fossilized DNA, like Rodan. For Anguirus, his genes would be made up of fossilized Ankylosaur genes, turtle genes, armadillo genes, and porcupine genes. I would also be hoping for an appearence of Talagahn, the multi-legged monster in the 2012 Godzilla trailer that did not end up in the final film. Anyway, his genes would be made up of centipede genes, lizard and camian genes, and human genes. And his size would be a lot larger to fight Godzilla without getting quickly killed.

So where these monsters are being "built" are on "Monster Island." I think Edwards at one point was interested in doing something like that for a sequel. Anyway, I would want a civilian, somehow, stowing away on a military vessel, showing up on the island and seeing everything, returning to the US and telling everyone about it, and a worldwide protest to stop the government for creating monsters that would mean the end of the world. In response, the gov't was forced to comply and put the monsters in hibernation. But when underground tremors far away create a tidal wave, the wave comes to the island and destroys its power generators and disables the facility, and its hibernation status. The gov't was unwilling the kill the monsters they created over 30 years, so thats why the monsters still survive. Meanwhile, Godzilla senses more monsters through the awakened Titanosaurs's sonar, and speeds towards the island. Ultimately, all the monsters escape the island and reach Honolulu nearby. Talaghan got there by slowly swimming to the island, like Godzilla. Godzilla traveled there because he sensed they were all going there through Titanosaurus. Or maybe some of the monsters broke off from the trip and headed elsewhere (Gigan would). In Hawaii, the remaining monsters clash and ultimately destroy the city. Talagahn almost killed Godzilla, but Godzilla ripped out his throat and razed his body with his atomic breath. He fires on the other monsters, and they escape. Titanosaurus was almost killed, but escaped to the sea. Rodan flew south while Mothra flew to Janjira in Japan. The gov't brands all the remaining monsters, for the deaths of countless civilians in Hawaii, as the greatest threats in the world. As for Godzilla, previously deemed the "Savior of San Fransisco," his destruction is wanted above all others by the gov't, and he flees into the deep trying to avoid missiles that tried to kill him on the surface.

Trendel103

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 4:24 PM

Mine is definitely Gigan, he was my first Godzilla villian to watch. I would like to see what can be thought up about the realistic origins of a giant bird/lizard looking cyborg with hooks for hands. I just hope they don't end up making him a robot tho. :(

(I wonder if they will still let him shoot his lasers out of his face and fly?)

Trendel103

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 4:25 PM

I think for people who never really know many characters would be interested to see the film because he has one of the most unique looks compared to King Ghidorah.

Xengix008

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 4:50 PM

I would like to see a new kaiju, but also include Anguirus for a three way brawl (and suddenly a 2 vs 1)

Lewshizz

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 7:43 PM

I feel like it could lean to a destroyah-esk monster. Think about it. They didn't pick Serizawa as a name for nothing. Still I think (being the G fan I am) Edwards will maybe tie the OD into his godzilla reality.

think of it like this, Godzilla now awakened becomes somewhat of a threat to society so the Monarch corporation is told to help again. Serizawa already having observed the creature knows conventional weapons aren't working so I works on a device that destroys the oxygen in a controlled diameter (so the whole ocean isn't decimated). But when using the weapon the Godzilla leaves the radius of effect to early or they miss entirely. Monarch would monitor the diameter to make sure the water is recovering. However the underwater soil corrupt and open to a mutation. Maybe not the actual old Precambrian beast but a creature of old or current time breaches from the sea containing the awesome power of the oxygen weapon. Godzilla would be the prey of this massive creation and would fight against the weapon made to destroy him. The monster (I could design if you would like) could be the origional destroyah but renovated to new, or a whole new creature entirely. 

the creature would rampage however. Attacking whatever it sees instead of just the King. Causing the military to try (like they always do) but not do much, thus ties in Ford. Godzilla shows up to stop the beast and would fight. Possibly leaving or chasing the monster. Then other stuff I'm kinda out of ideas now haha

Deadite Kaiju

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-19-2014 11:48 PM

Godzilla and Mothra vs Gigan and King Ghidorah!

razg

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-20-2014 12:14 AM

How about the Gryphon because he was originally suppose to go against Godzilla in Sony version but they scrap that idea.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
7amey
7amey » Baragon
21% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums