Godzilla Movie

2014 Godzilla Fan Game discussion

3759 Views23 Replies
Forum Topic

True American Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-04-2014 2:53 PM

Even though I haven't seen the movie (yet, but soon) I have read the novelization of the movie so I do have a good idea of the story. Not satisfied with the current official games related to this 'Legendary Godzilla', I had a brilliant idea. Why not we, the members of this Godzilla-movies forum, create our own game?

First off we would have to narrow down the general gameplay and mechanics of the game. Then it would be deciding how we will create this game. Finally it would be where would fans download it to play on their computer (Windows, Mac, or me a Linux user). Below is my concept thus far, please modify/add as you see fit!

Godzilla: Dominant Predator
Game Concept by: True American Godzilla (and anyone else who helps out)

Setting: According to the movie/novelization, Godzilla is part of an ancient species that lived so long ago that
the atmosphere was 10x more radioactive that it is today. To me, the best chance for a mass Kaiju Battle (without worry
about how they remained hidden during the modern era) is to have it take place in this prehistory era. It may
surprise you to know, as it did me, that Earth does have NATURAL NUCLEAR REACTORS! This weblink
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/181620-2-billion-year-old-african-nuclear-reactor-proves-that-mother-nature-still-has-a-few-tricks-up-her-sleeve
is just one that talks about it. The reactor, located in Africa, isn't very active now adays, but back 2 billion years ago it
was. For the game, the year will be billions of years ago during a period where it was a super continent (before Pangia)
and these Natural Nuclear Reactors were more abundent and more active.

Gameplay: For this multiplayer game (or single player with lots of bots) I imagine the game going like this...

Natural Nuclear Reactors: They serve as your base/nest site for whichever species you're playing. Meaining, any member
species will spawn/re-spawn at this place. It also serves as a spot to recharge the "Special Power" for your species
(the Atomic Breath for the Godzillas, the EMP generation for the MUTOs, etc).

Free-For-All: In this mode all the different playable species (Godzilla, MUTOs, and any others we wish to add) start
at one of the Natural Nuclear Reactors (or NNRs to be short) to be as their starting point/"Nest Site". The goal is to
be the last species standing by taking control over all the NNRs.

Defend the Nest: In this mode, storyline wise, it would be during the time when the NNRs were diminishing due to the changing
world layout. As such only 1 is left standing, and all the Kaijus want it! The game starts with no one at the NNR, the first
one there will have control of it. The longer one species control it, the more points they earn. When another species takes it,
then they start getting points as long as they have it. The winner is the one with the highest points.

Capture the Flag: This is like the Free-For-All, except the goal is to capture all the enemy flag to your flag to earn
a point. With so many optionable playble species, the number of flags running about and monsters waiting to jump you are
great.

Playable Species:
1: Godzillas (obviously).
2: MUTOs (both genders).
To add a nice variety, we would need to think up more kaijus (that fit the theme that the Godzillas and MUTOs represents).
Below are a few I've thought up.

3: Vishnus (that multi-legged monster in the Comic-Con trailer, not sure what ability to give it yet, maybe an electical
attack)

4: "Climate Dragon" (man thinks he can control nature's global temperature, aka Global Warming/Climate Change.
To fit the "it's the other way around" that Serizawa says, in reality the world goes through natural warming/cooling
cycles. This legless winged "dragon" theme is this same concept, it tries to artificially cool the world. As such it
usually has a cold field around it, making an Atomic Breath hard to get through. Fortunately it has a very light armor).

UPDATE: Here's yet another article describing in detail Earth's Natural Nuclear Reactors http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/ancient-nuclear-reactor/

20140606 IMPORTANT UPDATE: Based on the comments here http://www.godzilla-movies.com/community/forums/topic/35518 by KINGKAIJUGOJIRA, I've got a new/modified concept for the game. He said "Actually, a video game set in this time could work. You just be playing as Godzilla or another prehistoric monster like Anguirus, Rodan, Muto, Shinomura, etc. The game would probably be an open world where your main goal is to survive by hunting, eating, mating, raising young, and fighting other monsters to become stronger."

So, my new Question is this.... Should we narrow down a 2014 Godzilla Game Idea and SEND IT to the official 2014 Godzilla creators? They'd have the resources to make a cool game for public enjoyment, plus if all of us here in the forum made the request (in a polit, respectful tone) then they might jsut do it. What do you think?

I believe in Jesus Christ, who's my Lord and Savior.

John 3:16, Job 41:1-34, Leviticus 18:22

23 Replies

Saitama

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-04-2014 2:58 PM

sounds cool  what program are you planning to use because if we work together we all have to have the same program

I don't know what to put here 

MilqueChocolate

MemberBaragonJun-04-2014 3:09 PM

If you want to use a really good gaming program, use Unity. It is fully HD, and you can make games compatible for tablets, Consoles and even PC. Hope this helps and here is a link:

http://unity3d.com

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-04-2014 3:09 PM

This all sounds great! But I have a few suggestions.

1. I want to have a mode like Godzilla: Unleashed or Save the Earth, where you can get at least four people and fight each other in various arenas.

2. I think it should also carry through to the present time.

3. More monsters, maybe some of the classics, reimagined.

One question. Will this be a multiplayer game like Warcraft where everyone in the world can play? 

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

True American Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-04-2014 3:48 PM

@LOPSQUID: First off, glad you like my idea. Second, I'm not sure yet, I haven't figured that part out myself. I'm a Linux user, but I have no idea what any of you are using, nor what non-forum members would have (computer system wise). That's one of the questions I had, what program(s) do any of you know that would be good to create a game that can run on Windows, Mac, and Linux (so no one is left out).

@SHAZOTHEHEDGEHOG: I hadn't heard of Unity 3D, but it certainly is impressive as it can work with all kinds of systems. Great find! I haven't used Unity 3D, how is it? Is it easy to create games on it?

@GOJIRA2K: Good to hear you like my idea.

--First to your question, will it be like Warcraft? I've never played it but I have heard of it. Me personally I've never played a game online like that (though I have owned games that are capable of playing online and off-line). I always pictured this game being the same thing. You can play as singleplayer or multiplayer (over a lan connection). Having an online multiplayer option would open up the number of players so I think we should have that option in the game.

---As for your suggestions, I too debated on some of these topics.

1: I actually debated on a "one-on-one" areana. This would allow new players to practice their monster species vs a single bot to get a feel for the controls/style. For more than one player, we could have one where it has no "Natural Nuclear Reactor" spots, forcing players to strategise and use their nuclear powered abilities only when needed.

2: I debated this as well, should it carry over to the modern world/present time. My thinking was to have the game take place only in the prehistoric era. This was so that we could add in some real life facts in with it; teach players about various aspects of Earth that are not fiction (like those natural nuclear reactors, real microbes that "eat" radiation much like our Kaijus; etc).

3: By all means, I would welcome reimagined classic Kaijus for this game. We need more monster options for this game, so the more species the better. The reimagined classic kaijus would have to fit the "theme" the Legendary Pictures Godzilla world uses. What do you recommend the reimagined kaijus be? I was thinking of Ghidorah when making my "Climate Dragon" (I know, poor name, needs a new one). Maybe a reimagined "Zilla" (that more resembles this only quadrapedal http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs49/f/2009/209/f/c/Zilla_redesign_by_AlmightyRayzilla.jpg ) be the tutorial/training budy as it's a very easy monster.

ゴジラ 2014 Rules

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-04-2014 7:29 PM

Hey TAG True American Godzilla can I post this on my Youtube Channel

True American Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-04-2014 8:00 PM

Go for it pal :) Just be sure to mention me.

ゴジラ 2014 Rules

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-04-2014 9:33 PM

I have so far done 3 and one was like 48 mins long I was talking about Sports but it was to long so I made others but I will make the video tommarow and yes I will put your inane in the video I might also get involved with this game too

True American Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-05-2014 12:00 PM

Question, I have a PDF file summarizing this game concept but how do I attach it to the forum? (For v1.0, to be easy I picture using only the monsters seen in the 2014 film. Later on other monsters can be added as part of a patch/update).

ゴジラ 2014 Rules

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-05-2014 12:07 PM

LIke GBR

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-05-2014 12:22 PM

@True American Godzilla,

1. I agree with that. Kind of like a tutorial, teaching people how to use their monsters.

2. I also agree with that. After I posted that I wondered how this could be possible. I couldn't think of anything.

3. I would like  Biollante, Baragon, Varan, Gigan, Anguirus, Destoroyah (all forms, or just the final form), King Ghidorah, Manda, and Rodan. Also I have a original kaiju I created that I would like to submit. I am drawing it now and when I finish it I will post it here. I'm calling it Hakai, meaning destruction in Japanese.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway.

ゴジラ 2014 Rules

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-05-2014 2:00 PM

so when do we start

True American Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-05-2014 2:25 PM

Technically we've already started, granted it's the early stages where we are trying to figure out the aspects of the game.

Speaking of which, I was wondering on what style the game is to be. Will it be...

1: An online flash game? This has some appeal in that it can easily be posted here on the forum. However, I'm not sure if a Flash game can be multiplayer or not. Graphics wouldn't be very complex (probably like the graphics in the fan game "Godzilla: Daikaiju Battle Royale".

2: A computer program? Graphics could be like Option 1 up to complex 3D models. However, this is a lot of work just to make the models let alone the animations.

3: **Your Option(s) Here**

Originally, I tried putting this game idea into a "civilization" game. However those stupid, annoying, cheating computer civs really messed things up. Plus all those CIV games lack EMP coding (vital to the MUTO design) so I ended up dropping this concept. I do like the appeal of a huge 3D game, but I've also enjoyed games who's graphics aren't 3D models (scrolling games, early CIV games were drawn characters, etc).

You see my problem, what graphic style will this game be? Knowing this is the first step inorder to begin creating the game.

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-05-2014 6:09 PM

I would like it to be a computer program. Yes the 3D models would be hard to make, but maybe DopePope could do it. He is amazing with 3D models. You should contact him. Or I will if you want me to.

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-05-2014 6:15 PM

Also, the online gaming could make it so all of us could play the game together.

Also another suggestion. How about a team up option, where different players could team up and defend the natural nuclear reactors?

True American Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-05-2014 6:39 PM

@GOJIRA2K: I did not know DopePope could do 3D models, that's more than I can do right now. You can ask him about this game concept and see if he wants to help out or not. Eitherway thank your (and thank him) for the help :)

Yes, playing with you in this game would be fun! Our player names would be our forum names, so we would get to see our skills on the Kaiju battle field.

I hadn't thought of a "Team Option", but that's an interesting idea. I can see it now, one team would be made up of Godzillas; MUTOs; and Shinomuras (from the Graphic Novel, info here http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Shinomura http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nik8rJb36Co/U3v_T__3XHI/AAAAAAAADaI/8Vje9SsNOWI/s1600/Godzilla+Awakening+36.jpg ) as Team 1 defendind the natural nuclear reactors vs Team 2 (made up of classic Toho monsters). 

Sounds Great!

ゴジラ 2014 Rules

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-05-2014 8:26 PM

so when do we start the Game in like the program can you give an estamate

True American Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-05-2014 8:58 PM

@GODZILLA 2014 RULES: We can start it now, keep in mind though that it will take time (both in game creation and when forum members are online or not).

As for the program, are you talking about the coding for the game? I haven't tried making a game such as this before, so I'm not sure if programs like Unity 3D (something I haven't used before) has a "scripting section" or if we need a seperate program for that as well.

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-06-2014 8:58 AM

@True American Godzilla,

I just PMed DopePope to see if he would help us. He should PM back soon.

Also I have learned a little coding and will be learning more soon. For games the program you would need is Python. I'm not sure which version I will look it up.

Do you think we could use my Kaiju for the game? I might have a picture up tonight.

True American Godzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-06-2014 10:19 AM

@GOJIRA2K: I thank you for the assist, but just recently I've been pondering on a new thought for the game (as posted above in the "update" section).

Based on the comments here http://www.godzilla-movies.com/community/forums/topic/35518 by KINGKAIJUGOJIRA, I've got a new/modified concept for the game. He said "Actually, a video game set in this time could work. You just be playing as Godzilla or another prehistoric monster like Anguirus, Rodan, Muto, Shinomura, etc. The game would probably be an open world where your main goal is to survive by hunting, eating, mating, raising young, and fighting other monsters to become stronger."

So, my new Question is this.... Should we narrow down a 2014 Godzilla Game Idea and SEND IT to the official 2014 Godzilla creators? They'd have the resources to make a cool game for public enjoyment, plus if all of us here in the forum made the request (in a polit, respectful tone) then they might jsut do it. What do you think?

Gojira2K

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-06-2014 10:25 AM

That sounds like a much better option. I had PM'd him before I read it. Also after I PM'd I remembered that he only does commission work, so we might have to pay him to do it if we did want to. We should definitely ask the the official Godzilla 2014 game creators.

ゴジラ 2014 Rules

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-06-2014 11:20 AM

ok thats cool with me that we should ask the offical Godzilla game creators

Evan123

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-07-2014 7:35 AM

I'm just after reading all this and if you like guys, I have about 20 designs of kaiju that would fit perfectly into that prehistoric world and the designs aren't bad! Just something I thought I would try help on as I can produce many unique kaiju designs very fast if you would like!

How far can we push nature before it pushes back?

GG

ModeratorGiganJun-09-2014 5:31 PM

The overall idea sounds pretty awesome i must admit. But The whole species idea, Its... well its horrible, Let me explain. What makes Godzilla so special is that there is only 1 godzilla He is the king of monsters, And if there is a whole species you can play as then there are 100 MILLION KINGS OF MONSTER. which takes away the whole feeling of godzilla if its like that then it just feels like your playing a dinosaur. not the King OF FREAKING MONSTAS.

Good grief.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
7amey
7amey » Baragon
21% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums