Godzilla Movie

Is the 2014 Atomic Breath the same as the Showa era Atomic Breath?

13852 Views44 Replies
Forum Topic

KingKaijuGojira

MemberTitanosaurusAug-05-2014 2:04 PM

As we know, Godzilla 2014's Atomic Breath is awesome. But many have said that it wasn't at full strength. This may true do to how much energy Godzilla had after taking a beating from two monsters, but is there more to it than what we see. Let's take a look. The Atomic Breath is the classic Neon Blue we've all come to know and love. It is flame-like in appearance. And it seemed to do nothing more than badly burn and injure the Female Muto. If it was used on buildings, it may have set them a blaze and caused them to explode.Godzilla atomic breath 2014Now let's look at the Showa era Atomic Breath. It is flame/vapor-like in appearance. It is Neon Blue. It seems to do nothing more than scorch and injure other monsters in combat. It also causes buildings to explode.Godzilla Atomic Breath Showa eraIs the 2014 Atomic Breath the same as the Showa era Atomic Breath? I think so. I mean, look at it. If it is true that the Atomic Breath was at full strength, does that mean that in the next movie, the Atomic Breath will look more like the Heisei or Millennium era Atomic Breaths?Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla atomic breathGodzilla final wars Atomic Breath

\"SKREEONGK!\" -Godzilla

44 Replies

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-05-2014 2:08 PM

if its Probably he can also controll its streangth like the shwa version

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

kriszilla94

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-05-2014 2:23 PM

i Like 2014 But it needed to be a thicker flame that comes out like something he cant control but still have control over it if you know what i mean just look how thick 2004 was, it should at least be around that size dont get me wrong it was still great but it could have been more epic 

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusAug-05-2014 2:25 PM

It's also not a stream of radiation like previous iterations, but rather plasma. Also, the one we saw in the 22014 movie wasn't able to be utilized to its full potential due to the EMPs of the MUTOs. However, I hope the same won't be true in later films. In fact, I could forsee a fully-powered "super" atomic plasma breath showing itself as being a pure-white disntegrating stream, with Godzilla's dorsal spikes glowing pure white, all as an homage to the very original Gojira.

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-05-2014 2:31 PM

It not the showa. I made a post about this a while ago. Showas atomic breath wasnt powerful! It would stun the opponent and maybe have some sparks come up. Godzilla 2014s atomic breath Gareth Edwards said in the making of book knocked out the Femalemuto for 5 minutes straight. Also when you said that, "All it did was make the female muto have some horrible burns and be injured" Is kind of contradictory to what you were getting at with this post. Also if you didnt notice Godzilla 2014s atomic breath made literall steam come off of the femalemuto, if you dont believe me when i said she was knocked out! Not only you have to read what gareth said in the making of book, when Godzilla fought the male for the last time look at the female she is on the ground her face is on the ground. And when she goes to see the eggs she just woke up due to her faciall expression. Also the breath heavily wounded the female to the point of her being on her deathbed. All it took was one mroe blast of it, so lets count. Showa Godzilla atomic breath? takes about use of 10 times to really damage. Godzilla 2014 atomic breath? Kills femalemuto with 2 blasts.

Good grief.

Linkzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-05-2014 4:25 PM

Showa Godzilla's atomic breath actually generally did just as much damage to average monsters as G2014's did (for example, whenever he used it on Mechagodzilla, it did real damage and staggered him, and it only took about 4 or 5 hits to destroy him, IIRC). Also, I don't know if you saw the same movie as me, but LPG didn't kill the Muto with 2 blasts, or even K.O. it; it was definitely badly hurt, but probably not "on her deathbed" (if she was, Godzilla probably would have just hit her with it again to finish her off rather than firing it down her throat).

And it was at full strength in the movie; the whole "electrical sac" thing was completely made up for the novel, and film novelizations are never canon to the film itself, as far as I know.

Durp004

MemberBaragonAug-05-2014 4:33 PM

I guess power wise they're similar, but showa doesn't require the long charge up time that G14 did

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-05-2014 4:48 PM

Linkzilla- There is absolutely no way it was at full power. Gareth edwards confirmed that the electrical sack was true! Also because of the electrical sack he wasnt able to use it twice, if he dd it would have killed the female. Ok stop downgrading Godzilla 2014 on things your not certain about, i dont mean to be rude or mean but you have to have alot of knowledge on Godzilla 2014 before you come to a debate. Durpoo the charge time was for dramatic effect i can bet you a million it wont happen again.

Good grief.

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-05-2014 4:52 PM

Linkzilla- I saw Godzilla vs mechaGodzilla a few days ago and his atomic breath just made some sparks on MechaG. For the duration that he used it while also being severely weakened even if you dont believe the sack theory that Breath was not even close to full power. If your saying thats the full power then your saying Godzilla 2014 didnt hunt mutos. Watch the breath scene again on the dvd and understand this debate better.

Good grief.

Durp004

MemberBaragonAug-05-2014 5:10 PM

When did gareth say the electric sack was true, link me to the interview where he says this. Let's also assume(as you seem to love to to with anything concerning G14) that is has a lower charge time. No, I'd rather go off what I've seen, he uses the breath twice, both times it has a charge up time and there's no mention of an electric sack anywhere in the movie. I love the statement, "stop downgrading G14 on things you're not certain about", as most of your arguments for G14 are based on assumption not fact. We see his breath in the movie, it's never addressed to be weaker, and it has a long charge time both times it's used. Those are facts. That is what happened in the movie so I'm going to judge the breath based on that rather than assumptions that it might, key word being might, be stronger. Until the sequel comes out and he uses a stronger breath I'm holding my stance he has one of the weakest atomic breaths.

The-True-Batman

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-05-2014 5:33 PM

@DURPOO4 Google my friend, it is your best ally. It'd also be nice if you'd change your attitude into a less pessimistic one. Instead of arguing against him, try to see if you can prove what he's claimed. Right now, it seems like you're arguing just for the heck of being analytical. It also seems like there might be a little bit of nostalgia working against you. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just telling you all that I can observe from your paragraphs without accepting any other source even if it's from your mouth. That is how you're treating this argument, correct? Anything not specified in the movie can't be true, that is your way of thinking right? 

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusAug-05-2014 5:38 PM

He was beaten down by two powerful MUTOs at once, was hit with electrical-sack-impairing locally-administered EMP strikes, and STILL managed to conjure up enough strength to let out some plasma. All things considered, it wouldn't be as strong as it could've been, but still did some major damage, permanently destroying the regenerative cells of the female MUTO, being the only evolved weapon capable of doing so.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaAug-05-2014 5:45 PM

Godzilla's ray in the new movie doesn't look particularly strong, but I'd prefer it to not be that strong in comparison to other Godzillas. By the Heisei and Millennium series it all came down to Godzilla's ray and the trump card of a powerful beam got real boring real fast.

What's more important, and ultimately much cooler, is how much it reminds me of the 1954 atomic breath. Although it's not misty, there's a sort of hollow substance to the new breath design that calls back some great images from the original film. If the intent was to make Godzilla's ray as a sort of homage to the original movie, mission accomplished. It was very cool.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusAug-05-2014 5:48 PM

Now, hold on there Gman #1! That stuff is pure plasma! That could melt through nearly anything! Blue is the second highest colour of intensity, meaning it can only get more powerful by showing a pure white hue.

The-True-Batman

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-05-2014 5:51 PM

I personally have a question though. I just attempted to make DURPOO4 think about his behavior in being a skeptic, but it has came to my attention that I cannot find a known interview that mentions an electrical sack of any kind. I would greatly appreciate it if someone would show it to me. All I can currently find when searching said term is empty speculation without any hard evidence or direct sources. 

Durp004

MemberBaragonAug-05-2014 5:54 PM

@The-True-Batman I'm accepting the source from the movie. That's the most credible source possible. The reason I was asking his to point me to an interview is because one doesn't exist and I just wanted to see what he would do. When discussing this type of thing I go off what the movies show. Gorillagodzilla, as he has multiple times before, tries to validate this new godzilla as being the great strong monster among the variations by giving him stats that he doesn't, or hasn't shown to have(strongest melee, best atomic breath, speed ect). And yes when something that key as to his atomic breath being weakened isn't addressed in a movie I don't consider it, especially when it could have just been addressed in the simplest of a sentense similar to, "the emp seems to be effecting him" or anything to that value. Then I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, but since nothing even close to that happened, no I won't assume this Godzilla has a super strong atomic breath just for the sake of believing.

So is my attitude pessimistic or realist? Since I'm going of things proven I'd like to go with realist

The-True-Batman

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-05-2014 6:03 PM

Fair enough my friend. I feel it was absolutely wrong of me to assume that he had obtained that informatin from a credible source and am deeply sorry for that mistake. I would like to address something though: The EMPs very inclusion in the movie could be support for his case. Usually when you give an enemy an ability, it's because it affects the protagonist. As a realist you could simply look over that scenario because it's one big grey area, not black and white. As an artist this could potentially be an extroadanary find since movie making in an essence, is a form of art. 

Your view is certainly needed though. It keeps fools like me level headed and away from the quirky so called "theories" that people pass off as real. ;) 

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-05-2014 6:08 PM

Godzilla has the second strongest atomic breath of all time. Most monsters that took godzilla atomic breath in the old movies kept comming. The new one on the other hand layed the female down for the count. And the heat and radition is what made the muto's head come off! Godzilla final wars has the strongest atomic breath

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-05-2014 6:08 PM

Godzilla has the second strongest atomic breath of all time. Most monsters that took godzilla atomic breath in the old movies kept comming. The new one on the other hand layed the female down for the count. And the heat and radition is what made the muto's head come off! Godzilla final wars has the strongest atomic breath

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-05-2014 6:09 PM

I will try and find the interview again, it was a video with Gareth talking about the novelization and what he loved about it. Maybe i heard it wrong but type in what i described it should come up!

Good grief.

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-05-2014 6:14 PM

Good grief.

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-05-2014 6:28 PM

its also in the making of book where they talk about how they made him.

Good grief.

NerdyBandGeeks

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-05-2014 6:36 PM

Well as one who constantly questioned why the MUTOs needed an EMP pulse in prehistoric times, it would make sense for Godzilla to have an electrical sack, especially since it was established in the movie that they were natural enemies.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaAug-05-2014 7:07 PM

@TheGman123
I fail to see how any of that has a great deal to do with my post or why you couldn't apply your logic to 26 out of the 29 Godzilla incarnations.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Linkzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-05-2014 8:17 PM

@GORILLAGODZILLA77897 There's no interview in that link.

Linkzilla

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-05-2014 10:35 PM

Unless it is actually confirmed in a future film or by Edwards or someone else with authority that LPG does indeed have this "electric sac" that is impaired by EMPs, I will assume that the real purpose of the red pulse released from the Mutos' claws is to cause additional internal damage via the shockwave it produces, and that the EMP is merely a side effect.

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusAug-06-2014 3:26 AM

Well, I remember coming up with the theory a LONG time ago, back when we were still being teased like crazy. Ah......... good times. And it was very nice to know that I was right when it came to how the new atomic breath would take form. In fact, it's not even really an 'atomic" breath anymore, since it's pure plasma. Now, as plasma works the way it does, that means no "beam-battles" or whatnot, but then again........ beam battles didn't logically work anyways.

A stream of pure radiation, even with the force of an atomic bomb behind it, isn't really gonna engage in a struggle with another "beam". It would just explode into pretty colours, or sweep up the attack in its path :P

Anyways....... we know Godzilla uses electricity from somewhere to super-ionize gases in his body, powered by his radiation reserves, to create pure plasma, which can permanently destroy MUTO cells that can regenerate quite quickly and efficiently. Granted, it's nowhere near Orga levels. More like G2000 levels. That in adn of itself is quite the feat, but until we see it's usage on the environment, we can't judge its power yet due to its impaired force in the movie and novel.

However, judging from its intensity and the facts about plasma in general...... it's probably gonna melt buildings and other kinds of structures alike like melting butter in an oven ;)

Nietzsche

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-06-2014 7:22 AM

I’m in a bit of a rush, so if someone has already mentioned this, my apologies. The Heisei and Millennium era breath weapons have something that the Showa does not, which makes one think they are more powerful. Namely, they have concussive properties. Godzilla never forced an opponent backwards in the Showa era with his breath weapon because it was primarily a heat-weapon. He could melt things with it. Heisei breath was largely a concussion force, which would push things around, while having surprisingly little heat. 2014 Godzilla’s breath weapon is, like Showa, a heat-weapon. No concussive force behind it.

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-06-2014 7:45 AM

Um nietzsche, the breath pushed back the Female quite abit.

Good grief.

Evan123

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-06-2014 7:48 AM

It did but I think she was just retreating, trying to evade it as it was probably horribly painful.

How far can we push nature before it pushes back?

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-06-2014 8:04 AM

Durpoo- also im absolutely not saying he is the most powerful breath in Godzilla history. Im stating that his breath is no slouch. If he did use the breath a second time on the mutos body not the throat it still would have killed her.

Your not taking into account what had happend before that scene. He killed the male and then he had enough and wanted to end the battle definitively, ever get the feeling that this Godzilla was semi sentient? he was tired after 4 days straight of hunting and fighting. by breathing it down her throat. And i never said Godzilla 2014 is the fasted or best melee.

I was saying he can do alot more then some of the original Godzilla's. What i have been shocked at lately is that its the first time were seeing a realistic Atomic breath and your calling it one of the weakest.

I mostly agree with you Durpoo but there are statements you make that arent true. The weakest atomic breath GvsKK, Godzilla 2014s breath pushed back the female with concussive force while using extreme heat to actually leave a hole in her head and let steam come out!

All im saying is atleast give Godzilla 2014 some credit he is the first american one and most likely the last. You all should appreciate the sequels and this film ok. It has been 10 years since a Godzilla movie and we got a awesome one. Ok maybe after you see Godzilla 2014 fight Ghidorah or something you will stop downgrading him. So i dont want to get into anymore fights with people because i love everyone here! So please understand my posts.

Good grief.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
7amey
7amey » Baragon
21% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums