Godzilla Movie

Official Godzilla 2014 thread!

944 Views8 Replies
Forum Topic

GG

ModeratorGiganAug-26-2014 2:20 PM

Sugegsted by BigBadBen! We have never had a official G14 topic!

On this topic we will discuss what we!

Liked about the film!

What we did not like!

What we thought needed work!

What we want to see in the sequel!

And how powerful we think Godzilla 2014 is compared to the others!

Also you can talk about anything related to the movie!

Here are my answers for these questions!

1. What i loved about the film was it was a revival for the king! And he not only looked awesome in it but he was just as powerful and lived up to the expectations given for his design!

2. I did not like the casting choices! I thought Aaron taylor johnson was the definition of bland!

3. i want to see a final battle with King ghidorah first with Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra. Then a final final battle with Godzilla 2014 solo him!

4. Godzilla 2014 is a beast, he could definitley hold his own against previous incarnations! Being faster and more aggresive then some of the original Godzillas they most likely wouldnt mess with him!

post away my friends!

Good grief.

8 Replies

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonAug-26-2014 2:23 PM

Godzilla 2014 passed for me. The movie had it's flaws but what godzilla film doesn't? The first one is still the best of all time, and never could be duplicated again.

The overall film of godzilla 2014 was good, the hollywood special effects by jim rygiel were off the chart. Though Gareth Edwards needs to do better with the directing.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

NerdyBandGeeks

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-26-2014 2:35 PM

I thought Edwards did very well, the only thing I don't want is all that teasing of Godzilla in the nest film. We know what he looks like now, so there's no point. Unless he ends up teasing Ghidorah, in which case I'll be pretty mad.

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-26-2014 2:52 PM

Its OK no master eace but its Ok, G14 is around the 5th most powerfoul godzilla affter Burning, FW, 91-95, 84-89, as he has no re-gen

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-26-2014 3:29 PM

Godzilla (2014) definitely met my expectations. The acting was adequate to great, the characters were okay, the pacing of the story was excellent, and the effects were the best in the franchise (which should have been a given considering it's a big-budget Hollywood film). The strongest aspect of the movie was its portrayal of Godzilla. Edwards did a great job making Godzilla majestic and mysterious. Godzilla's lack of screentime was not a bad thing in my opinion, it only made his presence more incredible in the scenes he was in and left me wanting more. The movie did mislead people with its advertising a little bit, but in my opinion Godzilla (2014) was everything it needed to be.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

Carnosaur

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-26-2014 4:37 PM

i liked the more animalistic fighting technique they utilized in this one, versus the ridiculousness that was the Godzilla drop kick(we all know what i'm talking about) I didn't mind the screen time, because it made his reappearance more epic each time he was shown.

Nature doesn't deceive us; it is we who deceive ourselves.

4Kaiju

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-26-2014 6:08 PM

Its fine as CATZILLA said its not a master piece, but I believe it could have been.

and yet the movie just got down to 6.9 on IMDB and im not suprised.

What I liked:

Godzillas design

Godzilla Fighting new monsters

MUTO designs

the casting

What I disliked:

As everyone else the poor amount of screen time Godzilla got

and of course the unecessary teasing, just incase they havnt teased you enough in the trailers

Monster fight scenes were great and very realistic.

and the final music editing of the footage that was shown in wondercon.

My Score: Between 6.9-7.1

petedj06

MemberMothra LarvaeAug-26-2014 6:12 PM

I loved Godzilla in the moive, and I really liked the MUTO's a lot. That being said, I think the film focused on the most boring character it could have. I still like the moive, and it's probably my third favorite after G54 and Godzilla vs. Mothra(64). Godzilla himself was absolutly perfect for me. He was an animal, and he was destructive, but you wanted him to win. You could cheer for him, even though he may be doing horrible things to the people around him. I also liked the tone of the movie, it did not go "super dark" and instead tried to find that middle-ground that I think a Godzilla movie should have.

Overall, I thought it was a great film, and I hope they can build on it in the future and make the Legendary Godzilla series something truly specieal. They are off to a good start. :)

Durp004

MemberBaragonAug-26-2014 6:43 PM

I think it's a fun movie. I enjoyed it, but I'd put it around middle ground for the series. Some of the characters were useless, others bland and that pacing wasn't that great. There are things that Gareth could look at from the movie and see exactly what he did right for the sequel and things he needs to change. 

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
7amey
7amey » Baragon
21% To Next Rank
Tony SAV
Tony SAV » Mothra Larvae
50% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums