Godzilla Movie

Let's get to know each other...

2092 Views13 Replies
Forum Topic

KoldWarKid62

MemberBaragonSep-26-2014 8:46 AM

Hello fellow G-Fans. I am KoldWarKid62. This really is a great forum for us all to get together. We have people from all over, of various ages, but we all share at least one common interest. I thought it might be fun to use this post to tell you a bit about me, and I’m hoping you’ll tell me and others a bit about you. For instance, what got you into Godzilla? What cool G items do you own? What are your other interests outside of the Big Guy? I’d like to share who I am as a G-Fan, a genre fan, and as a person. Share as little or as much as you’re comfortable with.

I was born in October of 1962, and for anyone who is even remotely aware of history, a hotbed of activity during the Cold War. At a very tender age I realized I loved horror, sci-fi and fantasy. I was a huge monster fan.  I was not one of the “cool kids” as a child. I wasn’t a jock. I liked looking for bugs, snakes, frogs and things of that nature! I also liked to draw, and to write. When I was around 12 I came up with a series of my own giant monsters not very unlike certain Japanese giants we know. I wrote and drew a few adventures for said creatures. I miss that boy’s imagination!

At this point in my life, I’m a dad, and a homeowner and all that comes along with that. I’m an illustrator, graphic artist and have dabbled in a bit of 3D. I try to turn my two boys on to many of the things that I love and they’re on board with some stuff! I’m also trying to finish a children’s book I’m writing.

As for being a G-Fan…

Obviously started watching Godzilla movies on TV as a kid, but once home video came about, I started buying whatever I could (sometimes Japanese bootlegs at shows/conventions). As you know, there were movies that for many years weren’t available to us here in the states. I’ve tried collecting all of my faves that were available, first on VHS, then DVD, and now Blu Ray.

Amongst my other Godzilla items/collectibles over the years:

Aurora Godzilla model. If you’re familiar with these, a company called Aurora issued a series of monster model kits in the 60’s. Most were of the Universal monsters, Frankenstein, Dracula, etc. They also released a kit of the ’33 King Kong and Godzilla. The G Design was based on the KK Vs G suit. I started to collect them in the 70’s when they had their Glow in the Dark series. They later released a Rodan and Ghidorah kit as well. My original models are long gone, but I have since bought re-issues, just for sentimentality.
In addition to the Aurora kits, I also have 7 other vinyl and plastic kits based on various designs.
I have 17 smaller figures (most ceramic-like and some plastic).
A large porcelain/stone X-Plus statue of the ’54 Godzilla.
Several Marvel Comics’ “Godzilla, King of the Monsters comics” from the late 70’s.
Some Dark Horse Godzilla comics.
A Godzilla 1985 still card set.
Books – Monsters Are Attacking Tokyo, Eiji Tsuburaya:  Master of Monsters, The Official Godzilla Compendium, Japan’s Favorite Mon-Star, Godzilla - The Art of Destruction and Godzilla: Awakening.
Had a subscription for some time to G-Fan magazine.
A huge framed poster for the 1956 “Godzilla, King of the Monsters.”
A vinyl Heisei Gamera figure.
A couple of soundtracks – A compilation of G themes from the Showa era, and the 2014 soundtrack.

My genre interests (beyond Godzilla):

Universal horror films
Hammer horror films
Ray Harryhausen films
UltraMan (on TV when I was a kid)
Star Trek
Dark Shadows
Rankin/Bass animated Xmas specials
Star Wars
Twilight Zone
The Outer Limits
James Bond (I got the 50th anniv. Blu Ray set 2 years ago)
Classic (and not so classic) 50’s sci-fi films
Planet of the Apes (originals and most recent films)
Marvel comics (started collecting them in the mid 70s. I have Wolverine’s first appearance)
Genre magazines – Famous Monsters, The Monster Times, Fangoria, etc.
Superhero films (Marvel and DC, older and new)
Zombies (starting with the ’68 Night of the Living Dead and most recently, The Walking Dead)
Vampires (I prefer the more savage and less romantic variety)
Horror (films and TV)
Sci-Fi in general (films and TV)
Classic Disney, Pixar animation, amongst others

So, tell us about you! Feel free to get in touch privately if you’d ever like to talk about whatever interests you.

Sincerely,
KWK62

13 Replies

GG

ModeratorGiganSep-26-2014 9:00 AM

Um, Did you happen to enjoy Godzilla 2014?

Good grief.

Goji

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-26-2014 9:00 AM

Um, Well did you??

“Give me where to stand and I will move the earth”.

KoldWarKid62

MemberBaragonSep-26-2014 9:24 AM

I did post a review in the G2014 Reviews section back on May 15th. However, if you know me in the slightest, then you'll know the answer to that question. Of course, we can also view every topic that we've all posted in. ;)

Gojira 2014

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-26-2014 1:51 PM

Lets get to know each other? Well..... 

.I was born november 4th 1999 

.I like pizza 

.I like godzilla to death 

.I don't get along with many people on this forum 

.I like video games for the PS3 

.I hate all the modern day kids I go to school with everyday  (little bit of a grumpy but don't you think?) 

.I love movies 

.I live in japan and have for 9 years  

.I don't listen to music that much 

.I was banned from an AVP fan site filed with 17 year old perves and I got banned for speaking up and telling them to stop talking about body parts and sexual stuff. 

.I like DC better then marvel 

.The only friend I really have besides my friends on PS3 are my dog, yep hard to believe isn't it? 

.I have 3 siblings who I REALLY don't get along with such as lauren:the deva like sassy annoying 19 year old who flirts with boys to much. Emily: the bratty 13 year old who throws a hissy fit when she doesn't get her way. Mathew: a atistic 20 year old who wont stop sneaking into my supply od ramen and candy. 

. I'm single and don't intend on getting a girlfriend any time soon, maybe not until i'm in my 30's. 

thats pretty much it ._.

I have become death.......the casher at the donut shop.......

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonSep-26-2014 1:54 PM

^Why not try to get along with those members?

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Gojira 2014

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-26-2014 2:28 PM

^ hahahaha aint going to happen bro, im to stubborn for that. Plus I have no control of what comes out of my mouth, kinda like kiryu from godzilla vs mechagodzilla 3

I have become death.......the casher at the donut shop.......

gojifan02

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-26-2014 6:27 PM

I like godzilla (of course)

I like gojira

I like godzilla

I LOVE GODZILLA

I like bionicles (of course lol)

I like making models

I like electronic music (Rock N Roll (just dance censored version) by Skrillex is a good example)

I want to become a music producer in the future

I like Doctor Who

I like playing "War Thunder"

I discovered godzilla by watching Gojira

I like to play minecraft (but my account got hacked a while back so I stick to P.E. and PS4)

um... I like godzilla

have I said I like godzilla

RESPECT THE GOLDEN MIRUmiru

leaper

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-27-2014 7:54 AM

joaomlo2

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-27-2014 1:51 PM

Hi, i'm joaomlo2, I am Portuguese, I was born in 1995.Currently, I am taking the "Digital Games Engeneering and Development" course and, as you imagine, my favourite hobby is videogames, movies, series and checking on here for news.

Favourite Movies (By order of likeness):
1-Inception
2-The Dark Knight
3-Godzilla (2014)
4-The Dark Knight Rises
5-The Raid 2: Berandal

Favourite Series (In order as well):
1-Fringe
2-Hannibal
3-Penny Dreadful
4-House of Cards
5-Call me Fitz

Favourite Animated Series:
1-Archer
2-South Park
3-The Simpsons
4-Family Guy

Favourite Videogames:
1-Sly 2: Band of Thieves
2-The Last of Us
3-Max Payne (The trilogy)
4-Dayz (The mod was amazing until people went to the standalone)
5-GTA (Any game)

First Godzilla movie was the 1998 one, and I liked it because I am a big fan of Jurassic Park, namely, the T-Rex, and sice GINO reminded me of it, it made me like the movie. I got into this community about a year and half before Godzilla 2014 came out, and I have still been around since.

My Godzilla movies ranking (The only ones I have seen):

1-Godzilla (2014)
2-Gojira
3-Godzilla (1998)

1-I don't know if it was due to the expectations being matched, but I found Godzilla 2014 to be the Godzilla movie I enjoyed the most.

2-I enjoyed the original with it's dark ambience (like when the choir sings to the victim's of Godzilla's destruction), but I found the acting a bit clunky, mostly from Serizawa's niece (which I found laughable as she overreacted almost every scene she was in).

3-As cheesy and disrespectful as GINO could be, whe I first saw it, it was as someone who didn't knew the series. as a random monster movie that happened to be called Godzilla, I found it pretty entertaining.

joaomlo2

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-27-2014 1:51 PM

Hi, i'm joaomlo2, I am Portuguese, I was born in 1995.Currently, I am taking the "Digital Games Engeneering and Development" course and, as you imagine, my favourite hobby is videogames, movies, series and checking on here for news.

Favourite Movies (By order of likeness):
1-Inception
2-The Dark Knight
3-Godzilla (2014)
4-The Dark Knight Rises
5-The Raid 2: Berandal

Favourite Series (In order as well):
1-Fringe
2-Hannibal
3-Penny Dreadful
4-House of Cards
5-Call me Fitz

Favourite Animated Series:
1-Archer
2-South Park
3-The Simpsons
4-Family Guy

Favourite Videogames:
1-Sly 2: Band of Thieves
2-The Last of Us
3-Max Payne (The trilogy)
4-Dayz (The mod was amazing until people went to the standalone)
5-GTA (Any game)

First Godzilla movie was the 1998 one, and I liked it because I am a big fan of Jurassic Park, namely, the T-Rex, and sice GINO reminded me of it, it made me like the movie. I got into this community about a year and half before Godzilla 2014 came out, and I have still been around since.

My Godzilla movies ranking (The only ones I have seen):

1-Godzilla (2014)
2-Gojira
3-Godzilla (1998)

1-I don't know if it was due to the expectations being matched, but I found Godzilla 2014 to be the Godzilla movie I enjoyed the most.

2-I enjoyed the original with it's dark ambience (like when the choir sings to the victim's of Godzilla's destruction), but I found the acting a bit clunky, mostly from Serizawa's niece (which I found laughable as she overreacted almost every scene she was in).

3-As cheesy and disrespectful as GINO could be, whe I first saw it, it was as someone who didn't knew the series. as a random monster movie that happened to be called Godzilla, I found it pretty entertaining.

npinkham19

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-27-2014 4:43 PM

Nick Pinkham, 31, holding down the G fanbase in Maine.

Giant monster nut in general and am working on an entire Godzilla/Gamera themed tattoo sleeve. Also huge horror fan, love the classic Universal Studios films.

I live for the fall, could care less about summer.

Top 3 Godzilla films. Biollante, Return of Godzilla, Gojira.

Top 5 films in general. OLDBOY(Korean), Pan's Labrinth, Jaws, Shawshank Redemptrion, Devil's Rejects, Ginger Snaps, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, This is the end.

Games, Old school Castlevania, Megaman, Dark Souls, Shadows of the Damned, Bayonetta, Resident Evil 4, Mario Kart

Shows: Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Sunny in Philadelphia, Trailer Park Boys (after those first couple God awful seasons it gets hilarious)

Pet peeves: Family Guy. I don't understand what people find funny about it. I won't even drink out of my wife's FG cup. Watching G98 in the theaters destroyed my childhood.

Love art and music and am an aspiring screenwriter, novelist.

KoldWarKid62

MemberBaragonSep-28-2014 7:45 AM

@NPinkham19 - A fellow New Englander! Hello from NH!

npinkham19

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-28-2014 5:53 PM

Nice!!

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums