Godzilla Movie

What is the best (New) Way to kill godzilla so fans don't get mad!

1894 Views20 Replies
Forum Topic

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-29-2014 7:44 PM

Title! Says! It! ALL!!!

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

20 Replies

GG

ModeratorGiganSep-29-2014 7:47 PM

Flyers, this has already been stated that they are not going to kill Godzilla off in this new series. Your pretty much one of the only people to want him to die.

And he is not :).

Good grief.

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-29-2014 7:48 PM

It doesn't have to be in the new series. It can be in any future film

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

GG

ModeratorGiganSep-29-2014 7:49 PM

Well then, the Oxygen destroyer would be the most iconic and sentimental way to do it.

Good grief.

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-29-2014 7:49 PM

(New)

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-29-2014 8:03 PM

well nobody wants godzilla today but things have to end somehow. but anyway i think nuclear meltdown shoukd be the way he should die. just my opinion. 

GG

ModeratorGiganSep-29-2014 8:03 PM

The Only Way To Kill Godzilla And Not Outrage Fans Is The Oxygen Destroyer.

Good grief.

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-29-2014 8:04 PM

to die* i hate not being able to correct my posts :/

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-29-2014 8:26 PM

Toho will never let Godzilla die in any media ever again unless they are trying to replicate the success of Godzilla vs. Destoroyah. I think Toho realizes it was a mistake to kill Godzilla off in the first movie because they were unaware of the future popularity and marquee value of the character. Ever since, Toho has been extremely sensitive about killing Godzilla off, shown by the fact that one of their primary demands when giving the rights to Godzilla to other companies is always that he must not die. The only reason they killed him off in Godzilla vs. Destoroyah was because they knew it would carry some good shock value and get people to see the movie, as well as provide a conclusive ending for the Godzilla series long-term, because at the time they were under the impression that TriStar would make an American Godzilla trilogy.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

gojifan02

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-29-2014 8:29 PM

welp, lemme think....

RESPECT THE GOLDEN MIRUmiru

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-30-2014 4:49 AM

HIGH FLYERS TAG TEAM - Hmm, this is a very compelling topic! I'm uncertain of how a studio would go about producing a new (and satisfactory) death for Godzilla - and somehow manage to not draw the wrath of fans! However, were it placed in my hands, I'd have another iconic monster with a great deal of fan-folloiwng destroy him. Perhaps King Ghidorah would be the most acceptible candidate for Godzilla's executioner. Of course, that nomination is based primarily upon the fact that I doubt Legendary and Warner Brothers will decide to reintroduce the Oxygen Destroyer as it has had quite a long run in the past. Then again, I could be wrong... ;)

This was a very interesting topic to cover! Thank you so very much for presenting it to us! :)

KManX89

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-30-2014 6:06 AM

DINOBOY-except they don't have to end it by killing him, they could just end the story (read: trilogy) with one final victory roar and one final march to the sea along with whatever additional theatrics you wanna throw in for added measure (I would personally have a final montage set to the Oppenheimer speech) to close out the series.

But if it were any one monster, I'd say either King Ghidorah (though maybe have Godzilla sacrifice himself to kill KG instead of being killed by him outright) or Destoroyah, but remind the fans in the media that the monster (partially) responsible for Godzilla's demise in 95 is being brought back for the third and final film, kinda like the CNN report they did hyping Godzilla vs. Destoroyah as Godzilla's death. While many may remember him as that monster they hyped Godzilla's death around, some may not, so putting that emphasis on it would pay dividends. Plus, it would draw ton of fan speculation in the months (years) leading up to it as to whether or not Godzilla will, in fact, die, thus maintaining fan interest in it.

GG

ModeratorGiganSep-30-2014 6:32 AM

If Godzilla, were to die in the new series it wouldnt make any sense.

Godzilla is a force of nature, a balancer for earth. If he dies then what? The balance will never return.

Good grief.

Goji

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-30-2014 7:10 AM

@High Flyers...

If Godzilla does die than he must die pregnant or at least lay an egg so his bloodline can continue.

If he dies pregant then the baby must pop out of his belly right when he dies (like in PACIFIC RIM)

If he lays egg than have him lay it at the bottom of the ocean floor...

“Give me where to stand and I will move the earth”.

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-30-2014 7:31 AM

godzilla is a guy in this one as far as i know so him having an egg is kind of out of the question unless he adopts a child like usual ^

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-30-2014 7:43 AM

Godzilla is and always has been male so him laying an egg is out of the question and would be all-too reminiscent of the 1998 debacle. If they are going to introduce a son for Godzilla it should either be adopted or his actual biological son from long ago that Godzilla believed had died along with the rest of his family.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

KManX89

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-30-2014 8:48 AM

But yeah, GG brings up a great point, his whole "balancer of nature" gimmick kinda protects him from being killed.

Plus, Toho gave strict dos and don'ts for this, one of, if not the main one being that Godzilla can't die. Oddly enough, this same guideline was given to D&E for the 98 film, which they were somehow able to dance around it. Suffice it to say they're sticking by it this time.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaSep-30-2014 8:52 AM

Being a woman, I'm all for equal rights in Kaiju flicks. That being said, Godzilla is - and always should be - a man. Producing an egg from his own physiology would be completely imasculating (in my opinion). However, if a young member of his species happened upon him and he chose to adopt him/her, that would be perfectly fine - and likely extremely cute if well-presented! :)

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-30-2014 9:22 AM

Exactly. Godzilla's personality has always been intended to be male. It has nothing to do with one gender being superior to another, it's just a part of Godzilla's character. He is called King of the Monsters for a reason. That was one major reason Zilla had very little resemblance to Godzilla. Zilla was more female than male both in physiology and motherly instinct.

Deltadromeus

MemberMothra LarvaeSep-30-2014 12:00 PM

In my opinion, the only thing that could kill Godzilla is a bigger version of himself basically. Not another Godzilla, per say, but another animal like Godzilla, a huge top predator, from thlead test movieBe you can't justify Godzilla dieing in many more ways. I mean come on, he's a freak in force of nature! The only that can kill a thing like that is another, bigger force.

Hi

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganSep-30-2014 12:48 PM

Well, the thing is they can't kill Godzilla. Toho gave them two rules before making the film, one being Godzilla can not die.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums