Godzilla Movie

Debate Week season 4 finale! Godzilla (2014 vs Godzilla (1992)

9636 Views80 Replies
Forum Topic

GG

ModeratorGiganNov-06-2014 7:09 AM

This is it, the finale of the season! The ultimate King of All Monsters vs the Ultimate King of All Monsters...

Lets begin with the Legendary Godzilla.

Legendary Godzilla blast's away the competition.

Legendary Godzilla's sheer body mass was able to bring forth a tsunami onto Honolulu. Godzilla 2014's strength is immense he was able to distrupt the movement of the 480,000 ton Golden gate bridge with just one hand.

Godzilla 2014's durabillity is immense, as he showed the strength to tank the (Some say it was not Castle bravo but since we are using max feats im using Castle bravo as the nuke since its heavily debated) Castle bravo Nuclear warhead with minimal to no damage.

Godzilla 2014 also if you count the Godzilla: Awakening novel as canon (Once again heavily debated not confirmed either way but using it for max strength level) Permian meteor the largest Asteroid to ever hit earth apparently landed on one of his spikes, and he semmed uneffected.

Now Godzilla 2014's durabillity is immense for explosive pellet like weapons, but his skin can be pierced.

The Muto's Godzilla 2014's prey and arch nemisis's were able to stab through his skin with there samurai blade esque hook hands, now this doesnt weaken Godzilla at all its just that the Mutos Hooks have more piercing capabillity then say a Nuclear Bomb.

For more on this subject please visit my thread Godzilla 2014 vs Heisei feats and facts given!

Godzilla 2014 fights mainly by biting pushing, bite pushing, bite pushing building body slam, and also the use of his jagged claws.

Godzilla 2014's endurance surpasses the rest as he swam from the center of the earth all the way to Hawaii, fought the Male Muto, then chased him down to San fransisco battled 2 visceral ferocious demonic beasts for 8 hours with no break...And won.

Wait there is more! He then got up and swam back to the center of the earth from San Fransisco...

Godzilla 2014's Atomic breath remain's not shown at its full strength, however from what we experienced it's capable of melting the internal organs of the Female Muto and also burning her forehead.

Godzilla 2014 has the strength of a incredibley powerful beast, but onto 92.

Godzilla 1992's power can indeed step to G 14.

Godzilla 1992 follows the same strengths as his other Heisei predessescor, Great Atomic Breath, great durabillity, outstanding strength.

But Godzilla 1992 suffers from not being able to think fast enough, as he was just standing there as Battra carried a Farriswheel from about 20 feet away to him, and he got hit by the slowly being carried farriswheel.

So no offense but he is kind of lackluster.

92's main aspect to him is his Durabillity, he was able to step to two beam spammers and was although getting punched around win.

for the rest on RadoGoji! please visit the link.

This has been Debate week season 4! I really hope you all enjoyed this season i sure did and had alot of fun for two weeks, lets shoot for 20 replies? See you all, in season 5!

Good grief.

80 Replies

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusNov-06-2014 7:29 AM

When it comes to melee, LegendaryGoji has him beat. He's bigger, and more aggressive in physical combat. He'll use his mass more effectively against Heisei if it comes to CQC. However, if at range, then Heisei Goji can down LegendaryGoji from a distance. Really, it comes down to who can down the other fastest before the other can make use of their effective range. Overall though?

I'd say LegendaryGoji has this. This Heisei Goji doesn't yet have the devastating Spiral Ray, so LegendaryGoji could whether it long enough to get in close and really do some damage.

Goji

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-06-2014 7:59 AM

Thank God that's over with....Sheesh!!

“Give me where to stand and I will move the earth”.

HeiseiKing

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-06-2014 8:04 AM

Now this is a tough one, legndary has like thegman said, has the close range with him, then again, rado could also do some damage a close range, and he has the nucluer pulse, and his longe range seems better the legendaty, but again we dont know if it could do better than what we saw. So am gonna say a tie, they could just kill each other and both die, rado could win, or legendary could win, but am puting my money on rado, just because he could spam his breath attack on legendary. but then again, close range is questionable on who would win.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaNov-06-2014 8:17 AM

'92. It's still the Heisei Godzilla, the same creature from 84-95. He may not have the same abilities from 93-95, but his sheer power alone is enough to take '14 out.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-06-2014 12:38 PM

Even though LegendaryGoji is my favorite Godzilla (next to the original), I'm gonna have to go with BatoGoji. 

BatoGoji swam underground in magma, took many hits without flinching, and likes to spam his Atomic Breath. At close range he has that pulse he emits. 

Although LegendaryGoji is smarter, and it would be a close match, he'd lose. 

sorry, LegendaryGoji!

"Daddy's home- cake every night,"

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-06-2014 12:45 PM

Batogoji wins, Legendary Goji is suposed to be very old and he looks much weaker than any heisei Godzilla

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonNov-06-2014 1:14 PM

Pretty much what gman, jrr, and danielle said. Sorry legendary goji.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Durp004

MemberBaragonNov-06-2014 1:55 PM

Legendary Goji is bigger but that's about all he has going for him. Batogoji is pretty much an upgrade in every other category.

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganNov-06-2014 2:38 PM

BatoGoji would win a good figh against the new Godzilla. LegendaryGoji seems to use his Atomic Breath at a last-resort move, and I've noticed some of the older Godzillas use the Atomic Breath a lot. Even though LegendaryGoji has size, (possibly) intelligence, and quick-thinking oh his side, BatoGoji's durability and attacks would defeat LegendaryGoji.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-06-2014 5:12 PM

Sorry but g 92

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

DannyBlazor

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-07-2014 6:39 AM

92 is slow and wobbly. Legendary is a brawler. Don't see how you guys made this a one sided fight. 92 has the upper hand in the atomic breath but that's about it. Legendary will just keep biting and tossing him around.

DannyBlazor

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-07-2014 6:50 AM

And if you noticed, legendary grabbed the female muto's neck in the movie when they first started fighting. Imagine if he did that to 92. He could just lay him on the ground and beat the crap out of him. If a nuke couldn't harm legendary then I doubt the 92 pulse attack would phase him at all.

Durp004

MemberBaragonNov-07-2014 2:24 PM

Dannyblazor you seem you forget heisei Godzilla is extremely physically strong too. He's hurled monsters heavier than the legendary Godzilla away without a problem. Lengendary Godzilla was knocked down and beaten on simply by the mutos, he also collapsed after a building fell on him only having the strength to get back up an suppress the female, who was distracted, long enough to kill her then collapsed again for hours. 

There seems to be this assumption the Lengendary Godzilla who had trouble with two smaller monsters is this great brawler. Heisei Godzilla has shown in his fights he's just as capable close up as far away. Throwing a 150,000 ton MechaGodzilla II(60,000 more tons than what Legendary weighs) battling Biollante who had vines able to pierce his skin. The fact is heisei Godzilla is a monster close range fighter too there was just no need to do it when he beam was all around more convenient. 

DannyBlazor

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-08-2014 4:56 PM

Legendary was double teamed and was pounded for minutes straight. And continued fighting. When heisi gets knocked down, it's hard for him to get on two feet again due to his figure. And he's been knocked down numerous times. And every monster that heisi fought, that couldn't fly, we're slow. Very slow. Legendary even when walking is faster than every monster on the list. And we've only gotten a taste of what he can really do. Wait for the sequel where he goes up against ghidorah

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaNov-08-2014 7:06 PM

I think speed matters to a lot of these opponents when their sheer power could out-class the Legendary Godzilla. I mean why would SpaceGodzilla both when it can just pick him up with his telekenisis  and throw him into a building-- Which tend to tire him out pretty easily.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonNov-09-2014 11:42 AM

It would be close, but the only way Goji14 is taking down Goji90's is if he punctures his sacral brain... and unless he figures out how to fashion his tail into a crude spear, thats not happening...

Sorry Goji14, but you loose... JUST BARELY, but you loose. :(

Poor guy...

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

DannyBlazor

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-10-2014 4:26 AM

Okay? Does 92 have telekinesis? No, all he has that can hurt legendary from a distance is his atomic breath. Even though it's stronger than legendary's, it wouldn't kill him. If legendary gets close it's over for 92. He's slower and doesn't have the articulation to counter attacks from legendary. 

Durp004

MemberBaragonNov-10-2014 5:56 AM

You don't need telekenesis when you have the strength to physically pick him up and throw him which heisei does. Like I said he threw, that's right picked him up off the ground and threw Mechag. He could do that same with Legendary if he ever got close. What about Legendary's fighting style requires articulation? He's not the black belt Godzilla final wars or showa was. He just charged at the mutos and overpowered them. Not much to it.

DannyBlazor

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-10-2014 6:35 AM

Each time heisi threw his enemy, the enemy was either wounded or not functional. In this case, mecha g was not functional. Legendary does use articulation. Examples would be: knee'ing the female MUTO, quickly grabbing the enemy, opening the mouth, etc. And he excels at ramming/bulldozing the enemy. Imagine legendary running and ramming heisi head first. From the front I don't think it would knock him over due to his posture and the tail behind him. From the sides and back, heisi will be out amd unable to get up and legendary can stomp on his face numerous times (godzilla smash 3).

Durp004

MemberBaragonNov-10-2014 6:58 AM

You seem to ignore the fact that he has the sheer strength required to pick up something that heavy, and Mechag was functional, it has still standing and they switched to backup power. Grabbing a distracted enemy and opening it's mouth doesn't really say much. Would there be humans distracting heisei Godzilla like they were the mutos since that's the only way heisei wouldn't be facing Legendary Godzilla. What if heisei's atomic breath knocks legendary down? He doesn't get up any faster than heisei does, only difference is that heisei has super healing when he gets knocked down. Like I said you can't ram a monster that is stronger than you you'll just get tossed back, and he's not so fast he could ram heisei before he could react. As I said he dealt with Rodan and Ghidorah who outflew jets so if he could react to their movements there's no chance legendary Godzilla would outmanuever him.

So if Legendary Godzilla gets knocked down by simply muto claws the barrage of shots he's get from heisei's atomic breath would have him on his back before he knew what hit him.

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusNov-10-2014 7:15 AM

Legendary Goji shook the 480,000 ton Golden Gate Bridge with one hand, just easily pushed around the Female and immobilized her with his jaws. as well as survived the Permian Meteor landing on him perfectly fine. I'd say that makes his strength greater than what people normally think. As well, the radiation breath of Heisei Goji, though would possibly damage Legendary Goji, would also feed him due to being radiation based.

The damage may somewhat outstrip the radiation content, but it's enough of a ratio to prevent it from completely downing Legendary Goji. As well, the bulk of Legendary Goji is enough that even despite how powerful Heisei Goji is, Legendary Goji could just as easily stand up to that power, being able to push him around more easily than the Female due to his 60,000 ton mass compared to her 75,000 ton mass, all considered unless he can manage to push back in time.

Thus, a physical brawl is a close deal, though Legendary's slightly enhanced mobility and larger size means he'll be able to top Heisei Goji. Then the breaths. The radiation content of Heisei's means that he won't be doing as much damage as he'd like to to the radiation-eating Legendary.Then what happens when one of them goes down? Well, that's an interesting question.

The Heisei Goji, due to the suit limitations, is very immobile on the ground. Legendary isn't much better, but he has better footing due to more articulate limbs. If Heisei is grounded, Legendary can stomp him into submission. If Legendary is grounded, Heisei will blast him into submission. This fight is closer than many think. I see it going either way, depending on who hits who first.

DannyBlazor

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-10-2014 7:18 AM

I've heard sheer power/strength at least 3 times in this debate. Who's to say legendary doesn't have sheer power either? And the damages dealt to legendary were physical, he was impaled by the Mutos claws countless times. There have been times where Heisi's hide was impaled as if it were butter. And like you said, they were switching to back up power, in other words it had no way to help itself as Heisi threw mecha g. And i don't think heisi would still be standing after a 90,000 ton monster rams him. The amount of force would just topple him, it would lift him off his feet, knocking him back a couple hundred meters. And he dealt with ghidorah in the air with his atomic breath, on the ground ghidorah only had it's heads to counter, no arms. And legendary didn't get knocked down by claws, he was attacked from behind by the male and then rammed by the female

DannyBlazor

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-10-2014 7:22 AM

Wouldn't*

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaNov-10-2014 9:23 AM

Who's to say legendary doesn't have sheer power either?

The problem is if we haven't seen it then there's no proof. You can't bring speculation into a sizing up argument when we haven't actually scene it ourselves. The point is moot.

DannyBlazor

MemberMothra LarvaeNov-10-2014 9:28 AM

Tanked a nuke, walked through the Golden Gate Bridge, brought forth a tsunami, fought 2 enemies at once, had a giant building fall on him. Went through all that and went back to the sea.

Nuff said

GG

ModeratorGiganNov-10-2014 9:30 AM

Yay 20 posts my goal! Thank you all so much, here is to season 5!

Good grief.

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusNov-10-2014 9:44 AM

Don't forget moved the bridge singlehandedly and had a giant meteor several kilometers across land right on him and be fine C:

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaNov-10-2014 9:56 AM

DannyBlazor,
None of which the Heisei Godzilla hadn't already done or more of before.

The argument, "Who's to say the Legendary Godzilla doesn't have sheer power either?" is like me saying, "How do we know Heisei isn't more powerful than we've seen on screen." You can't prove either because we never saw it. Stick to what we saw.

Gman123,
That's only if you consider the meteor cannon. Which unless I'm willing to consider the countless other comic tie-ins cannon that eventuall contradicted themselves, I do not. Therefor I do not recognize the meteor goofiness.

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusNov-10-2014 10:12 AM

Ah, but it's an official comic tie-in. Those others? Not really pertaining to this Heisei Goji anyways, and mainly non-canon officially. It's the absolute best feat we have for Legendary Goji, and, going by DB ruling, is allowed if it's the same character. Being a a recognized tie-in using the same trademarked character, unless proven non-canon otherwise by official sources at a later date conclusively, can be used as a part of the analysis of the Legendary Godzilla's feats.

Besides that, Legendary Goji already has enormous strength and durability feats that match up or possibly surpass that of Heisei Goji. Legendary could easily push Heisei around if he can grapple with Heisei quickly enough before the 90s Goji pushes back, which he can given his slightly higher relative speed.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaNov-10-2014 10:16 AM

^If you want to go by comic tie-ins, then you'll have to agree with the tie-ins during the Showa series that automatically make the Showa Godzilla the most powerful incarnation and Gigan's real name Borodan. So, if you say so.

If it's not seen on screen it's not cannon. Official tie-in, does not equal canon. It means it's an official product. The Godzilla toy unlatches the top of its head from its body to fire the atomic ray and it's an offical tie-in as well. So I guess Godzilla unlatching his top jaw in a jovial fashion is now canonical as well.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
7amey
7amey » Baragon
21% To Next Rank
XarKhaan
XarKhaan » Mothra Larvae
57% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums