Godzilla Movie

Godzilla 1954 ran from the millitary!

1955 Views8 Replies
Forum Topic

GG

ModeratorGiganJan-15-2015 5:10 PM

Some people say that Godzilla 2014 ran away from the millitary when he got it, and that he was weak because of it and that no other Godzilla incarnation's do so.

Well i just watched the original Godzilla 54 after like 8 year's, and right after Godzilla wrecks the town Jets come and attack him. HE RUNS AWAY, yes he run's away. Dont believe me? In the film in subtitles it is specifically screamed out, "He is running away!!"

SO hopefully that will put a wrench in that whole theory.

Good grief.

8 Replies

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonJan-15-2015 5:15 PM

Difference, G14. Didn't attack back, Godzilla 54 did. Yes he did go back to the ocean, yes they said he was running away, but Godzilla in 54 was already done with making Japan suffer his wrath.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Durp004

MemberBaragonJan-15-2015 5:17 PM

Yeah judging by the fact there was nothing left to destroy I think this is a moot point. It's basically like attacking someone as they're leaving and deeming that you scared them off.

The King of the Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-15-2015 5:21 PM

Godzilla was already leaving when the military attacked him.  He didn't so much run away as he just felt it wasn't worth sticking around with the military shooting at him when he had nothing to do.

It's not like Godzilla 2014 ran away from the military either. He didn't want to provoke a fight with the military since he was focused on destroying the M.U.T.O.s and went out of his way to not fight back. When the military got a good hit on one of his gills and caused him to flinch and destroy the bridge, he decided to just keep moving and avoid conflict.

"When man falls into conflict with nature, monsters are born." - Professor Hayashida, The Return of Godzilla

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonJan-15-2015 5:22 PM

Exactly. Don't forget the on slaughter when Godzilla was ripping through the electrical towers. He did not run from that.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Danzilla93

MemberBaragonJan-15-2015 5:32 PM

Dude... Godzilla 54 wasn't running.  He was done trashing Tokyo and was leaving for the night.  He could have taken those jets on all night long.  Just because a person on the shore thought he was running doesn't make it so...

"Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science Fiction is the improbable made possible." -Rod Serling

The Godzilla Novelization Project: Follow Along Today!

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJan-15-2015 5:53 PM

The "He's running away!" line strikes me as wishful thinking mixed with a sense of patriotism which was, for obvious reasons, not very high in Japan at the time.

Godzilla himself was already in the water by the time the airforce arrived, so the situation seems pretty obvious.

That being said if there's some sort of comparison between 2014 and 1954 going on here I don't think either "ran" from the military. I just think Godzilla was slightly annoyed by them in 1954 and he was rather one track minded in 2014.

But Gorilla,
You really need to stop taking these opinions of G'14 so personally that you slueth for flaws in other films to make it seem better. I think the reality of where the 2014 film (and monster) sits within the grand scheme of the series is finally starting to sink in with fans. The bias hype has effectively died. It happens with EVERY Godzilla movie and I've now watched seven "fall from grace" after the honeymoon period-- Roughly 5 to 6 months after the movie is released. Being your favorite Godzilla movie and incarnation of the monster is fine, but loving those aspects also demands understanding its flaws. That way you understand why they don't connect with some people.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

NateZilla10000

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-15-2015 5:58 PM

I don't think Godzilla was running in either cases (1954 or 2014). While 1954 was simply done for the night (kind of like a tired party-goer), Godzilla 2014 had more of a "screw this sh*t" attitude, like he was fed up with the military. He wasn't retreating back into the water, he just decided to take a different path.

GG

ModeratorGiganJan-15-2015 6:33 PM

Gman- haha im just playing, i love all Godzilla im not taking it seriously :). I did think this was a cool easter egg though.

Good grief.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums