Godzilla Movie

About Godzilla 3

1226 Views11 Replies
Forum Topic

4Kaiju

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-31-2015 12:55 AM

For Godzilla 3 Gareth said that he sees the trilogy ending with the humans making their own version of Godzilla.

Most of you are speculating Mecha Godzilla.

But for me im speculating something else, a Godzilla clone.

that I find to be more interesting and thats never happened before.

Buttom line witch do you prefer to see?

Mecha Godzilla or Godzilla clone.

11 Replies

ZillaForLife

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-31-2015 3:54 AM

I take it as a metaphor. He doesn't mean a Godzilla clone/mecha G but a force that has power that can rival the power of Godzilla. This could be any number of things like a kaiju, mecha or weapon *cough Oxygen Destroyer cough*.

Durp004

MemberBaragonJan-31-2015 4:23 AM

People keep bringing up Gareth supposedly saying he wants to end the series with a man made Godzilla. I've never seen any ariticle or interview with Gareth that mentions anything of the sorts. In fact the only thing I've found that is close to that is a few articles on that site Kdramastars which is so unreliable it's not even funny. Can someone post a link to the supposed source that shows Gareth says that? If not we're literally just making topics based off the same website that posted there was an extended ending showing Mothra and the Mutos at the end of the first movie.

GG

ModeratorGiganJan-31-2015 6:23 AM

This subject has been discussed before and debunked. Gareth never said this, it was on a tabloid fake website called Kdramastars, who no nothing about Godzilla. They were saying G18 was going to be released in 2016, and even made up some sort of time line saying, "So it was pushed back from 2016, to 2017, and now 2018." Which none of which was confirmed.

Here is the link to one of they're posts on the subject Godzilla 2014 sequel to feature MechaG!

Good grief.

FordBrodyLover99

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-31-2015 9:04 AM

Godzilla 3!? Lets wait and see if that even becomes reality. Be happy that we are getting a sequel. I honestly dont expect a third one. I fear Godzilla 2 will tank, but thats another story.

Back too your question, when did Gareth say this? I need a link(Dont give me Kdramastars, or whatever that hack of website is called).

GG

ModeratorGiganJan-31-2015 9:27 AM

^ Why do you believe the second one will tank? A trilogy is planned, and to be frank not trying to crown in on your opinion or anything but all G-Fans should think the best for Godzilla films. Not that it will tank.

And there is no link, because this entire subject was made up by a Tabloid website.

Sorry if i sounded kind of rude, no intentions.

Good grief.

FordBrodyLover99

MemberMothra LarvaeJan-31-2015 10:43 AM

@Gorillagodzilla

No offense taken :)

And dont get me wrong, i dont want it too tank. I would love to see Gareth continue too make Godzilla untill the end of time. But we have too remember that things dont always go our way. Look at the reception the first one got. The hype after the release died pretty quickly. And i have a feeling that this time the second movie wont have the mystery hype the first had. And no matter what is planned, if G2 tanks the third movie wont happen.

But this is a subject where i would LOVE too be wrong. I want too see the sequel being loved by the audience(without compromising Gareths vision), but it might nothappen. We should look forward too what is for sure, not what might happen.

NerdyBandGeeks

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-01-2015 12:41 AM

While there is a third movie planned, it might be canceled due to negative reactions to the second movie. I'm quite nervous about it myself, as Gareth has proven that he likes to tease his monsters, but that kind of movie making isn't good for sequels or franchises. We already know what Godzilla looks like, so it shouldn't be teased. The only other monster he could do it with is Mothra, Rodan, or Ghidorah, and I don't want them teased either.

Also, I like the idea Zillaforlife proposed, of humans making something that can rival the power of Godzilla. I'd like this series to do a reverse-Heisei, from being the lesser of two evils it was in the first film, to becoming the main enemy by the third film. Humans would need a way to get rid of it once and for all.

gojifreak23

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-01-2015 5:29 PM

topic closed

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonFeb-01-2015 6:34 PM

@Gojifreak23 

Where do you get the idea that this topic is closed?

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaFeb-01-2015 10:31 PM

Yeah I've always felt we need to urge on the side of caution regarding Godzilla 3. The possibility of Godzilla 2 flopping is still in the cards. Legendary and Edwards really need to have a kumbaya meeting about how to present a more universally praised/loved film. They also need to figure out how to market the next movie in a way that convinces audiences they aren't being lied to. It needs to convince them that this time they will really, really deliver the goods. I like the movie a whole lot, but the honeymoon period is ending with fans and critics: It was good, not great, and polarizing enough for others to dislike it. Right now there's not a lot of momentum or goodwill built up to give audiences reason to be hyped for a sequel.

Another thing we have to consider is Kong: Skull Island and Pacific Rim 2. Everyone should hope and pray those movies are not only successful, but do better than Godzilla '14. These movies will all be compared with each other and they need to make an impact. If Skull Island and Pacific Rim 2 don't do so well, that could spell some major, major problems for the production of Godzilla 2. And it would certainly make Legendary less excited about doing a third.

There's a lot to consider here, but a lot of it is also pretty far off. The main thing I'm getting at is Godzilla 2 needs to do a lot of things differently to be successful-- Both in the film and in marketing. Legendary has a lot of work to do and it all needs to be on point.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganFeb-02-2015 12:33 PM

^Well said GMan.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums