Godzilla Movie

Debate Week Season 5! Semi-Finale: Godzilla 1989 vs Gamera Heisei!

7047 Views35 Replies
Forum Topic

GG

ModeratorGiganFeb-22-2015 9:50 AM

Hello everyone, this is Debate Week's Season 5 Semi-Finale. I hope you enjoy this match up, and could we hit 10 replies on this battle?
Godzilla 89 vs Gamera Heisei? Which iconic beast will reign supreme, you will have to tell me.

Lets begin with Gamera!

Gamera can breathe intense levels of plasma enough to kill and defeat some of his most powerful foes!

Gamera can (Like a turtle) Suck all his limbs into his shell. This allows for him to fly at Mach 6.

Gamera's flight works via use of intense fire coming out of the holes where his limbs wore, the fire lifts him from the ground and allows for the flight! gamera flies like a frisbee spinning, this flight also allows for him to slam into his enemys in mid air!

Gamera has regenerative cells! Not on the level of the King, but they due help him recover from small wounds!

Gamera Heisei's durabillity definitley fell from his Showa era.

Gamera heisei was knocked out in mid air by a surface to air missle. This shows that his durabillity and survival of conventional millitary is not good.

Gamera's strength is SUPREME. He was able with just his hands alone rip the nose off one of his most powerful foes.

Gamera is incredibly intelligent! He fights not on strength, but with the use of strategy! (I mean who wouldnt think a fire breathing, flying, super strong, turtle wouldnt be intelligient?)

Gamera unlike most Kaiju, is able to communicate with humans, this allows him to sense when children are in danger.

Gamera can absorb flames, its like his food! Gamera absorbs these flames, turns them to coal, then burns them in a furnace like digestive system, then it goes to his Plasma sack! Allowing for the use of Plasma Breath!

Gamera can increase the intensity in his plasma, as shown in his fight with a gyaos! He fired one beam, before increasing the heat to a even more powerful beam!

Gamera's elbows have serrated spikes protruding out. These Spikes can slice through very hard hide! And were able to cut out the egg sacks of one of his most powerful foes.

Gamera's body evolves for the situation he is in! Although his size changes, he becomes more mechanical throughout the series!

Gamera has a powerful claw scrath that he uses combined with a lift up and throw!

Gamera wil bite using his serrated atlantian teeth! These teeth were so sharp, a monstr had to cut off his own leg to free himself!

We all know Gamera can breath plasma, but when he intensifies it enough! It combines with the coal inside him, and creates a Plasma fireball strong enough to put a whole through a Gyaos!

Gameras final attack is one that is strong enough to destroy nearly anything. Gamera, pushes his Plasma to the final level, to the point where his stomach shell covering opens up! Gamera can only use this attack once, this attack incinerates his stomach covering for years, the attack is one of the most powerful attacks in Kaiju history! Devastating and killing anything in his path.

Gamera is 262 feet.

Now onto the King!

Godzilla 1989 carries on all the abillities of his Species: Atomic Breath, Nuclear Pulse, Super Strength, Intelligence, ETC..

Godzilla 1989 took on Biollante which was an incredible fight that required Immense Durabillity and skill, of course, he reigned supreme.

Godzilla 89 is also 262 feet, which makes him a fitting candidate against Gamera.

Godzilla 1989 is one of the most vicious Godzilla's, exhibiting the first traits of the Atomic Kiss shown in this picture here. 

Besides this...There uh, really isn't anything else to say about 89. He kind of is just, you know, GODZILLA.

Godzilla 89 is a virtually unstoppable foe, but can he step to the Atlantian Defender? You tell me, Debate Week's season finale is tuesday i hope you all enjoy!

Good grief.

35 Replies

HeiseiKing

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-22-2015 10:00 AM

GODZILLA! his durabillity would be to much for gamera, hes stronger than gamera, gamera could not eat his atomic breath, the humans could'nt help beacuse godzilla killed them all, and am sure that godzilla could tank some of gameras plasma fireballs, like 2-4 blast from godzillas atomic breath would kill him, if he got to close godzilla would use the pulse, or the atomic bite and his sheer strength. and godzilla can lift him up because gamrea is alot lighter thme him, so the winner is 

GODZILLA!!!

so does this count as 2 replies? lol

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-22-2015 10:14 AM

To be honest...

I thinki heisei Gamera would win.

"Daddy's home- cake every night,"

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-22-2015 10:36 AM

For GAMERA, which movie

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

GG

ModeratorGiganFeb-22-2015 10:39 AM

^ Its all of the Heisei films.

Good grief.

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-22-2015 10:46 AM

Ok so all the Heisei gameras mixed into one? Ok ummm this is very hard, I think Heisei GAMERA would win, plus Godzilla almost died in his film (I think, I gotta re watch it). Gamera is very smart and has a lot of powerful attacks In this series, most memorable being the stomach beam thingy he use to kill one of his toughtest emenys, and he is also smart, he shot off his own hand and turn it into a weapon he kill his enemy with to. 

AlsoG'89 didn't have the spiral Ray 

There are strong men and weak men. The strong ones are here to keep the weak ones up when ever they fail.

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-22-2015 10:50 AM

HeiseiKing, Godzilla did not have nuclear pulse in 89

JRR

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-22-2015 11:29 AM

Gamera

Evacuate?, Godzilla is just a Legend!-Woman in GMK

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonFeb-22-2015 11:36 AM

You guys are forgetting that Godzilla has super regenerative powers.  Gamers in all heisei forms don't stand a chance against Godzilla as long as that super healing factor is there. HHFT, yes 89 had nuclear pulse attack.

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-22-2015 11:40 AM

@BBB

However, when Gamera had his arm sliced by Iris and he then regained his arm in a flaming fist:

Videos haven't been showing up for me, so here's a link

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonFeb-22-2015 11:47 AM

You all act as if though fire will hurt Godzilla.  May I remind you all that Godzilla was born in the burning heart of a nuclear blast?  D

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-22-2015 12:07 PM

@BBB

This is true, but it would still cause damage.

HeiseiKing

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-22-2015 12:55 PM

High Flyers um, yes godzilla 89 did have the pulse, its one of the first movies he used it in lol

yes fire might hurt him, but not alot, he would just heal the wounds fast, faster than gamera can, and from what i've seen in the gamera movies, the ones were talking about right now, he seems slow, slower than godzilla when hes fighting, and most of the time he has help from humans ans stuff, plus this godzilla was fighting a monster twice his size, while he was infecte, and still managed to tie the fight, 

i mean come on, gamera was hurt by a rocket, and frigging rocket, godzilla gets shot by those all the time and you dont see him falling down

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusFeb-22-2015 2:06 PM

Gamera can call upon the energy of the Earth and all that dwell on it, and, in flight, is nearly uncatchable for Godzilla '89. Plus, those Plasma Bursts are no laughing matter. And in terms of physical combat, Gamera is strong enough, and has them elbow claws.

As well, his spinning shell saw attack would do some nasty damage even to Godzilla, and I doubt he'd regenerate fast enough to keep up with the pressure. Plus, Gamera, whilst barely alive after the explosion that destroyed Sendai, was still alive nonetheless.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaFeb-22-2015 2:11 PM

High Flyers,
Godzilla's nuclear pulse was used for the first time in Godzilla vs. Biollante during the final battle after Biollante impailed his hand and shoulder, then wrapped the vines around him.

Gorilla,
Gamera's Mana blast from the stomach does not incinerate his stomach covering. It simply opens and was perfectly fine after he used it. The amount of times he uses it depends on how much mana he can extract from the Earth.

He also has the ability to summon mana to temporarily rehabilitate entire limbs on his body and use it as a weapon as seen with his Plasma Fist at the end of Gamera 3.

He also has regenerative powers, but they work slower than Godzilla's and are, again, dependant on how much mana he wishes to use of the Earth's.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

Durp004

MemberBaragonFeb-22-2015 3:08 PM

Godzilla wins Gamera's fireballs and fire attacks wouldn't do much to a monster that lived in a volcano for years. This means his only attack that might do serious damage is his mana blast which has a pretty long charge time.

Gamera was also hurt by missiles so chances are Godzilla's Atomic breath would wreck him. 

HeiseiKing

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-22-2015 3:35 PM

^^^^^^^

yea plus with the long charge up time for the mana blast, godzilla could just shoot his atomic breath in his chest while its charging up, which am preatty sure would blow up gamera in little turtle bits

HeiseiKing

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-22-2015 3:40 PM

^^^^^^

and with that long charge up time, godzilla could shoot his atomic breath into the chest which am sure would blow up gamera in little turtle bits

also the energy of the earth? hmm, isnt one of the energys of the earth radation? call me stupid if am wrong 

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-22-2015 3:41 PM

Sorry guys, I have not seen the movie for a year and the battle was short, 

Now The Arm attack would G because he didn't use it as a fire attack, he use to rip into his oppent and rip its guts out! 

TheGMan123

MemberTitanosaurusFeb-22-2015 3:41 PM

Well, it ain't no ordinary fire. Plasma bursts, which are only outmatched in terms of heat levels by the Corona Beams of Space Godzilla, which we all know even damaged the late '94 Godzilla, but they also have a high amount of explosive damage as well, which can put an 88-meter Gyaos into near death after only a single shot.

As well, Gamera hasn't been shown to have been actually damaged by the JSDF's firepower, and could survive a Sendai-destroying blast. As well, Gamera can absorb flames of any source, meaning any wanton destruction Godzilla leaves in his wake will only serve to power up Gamera further.

All that, plus Gamera's extreme maneuverability in flight, means Godzilla ain't gonna have an easy time taking him down, if at all.

HeiseiKing

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-22-2015 3:41 PM

LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL sorry about the post i though the first one didnt go in LOLOLLOl

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-22-2015 3:43 PM

Also won't gamera do one fight to learn godzilla then come back?

Durp004

MemberBaragonFeb-22-2015 4:02 PM

Gamera got hit by 2 missiles screamed out and fell from his pursuit of Gyoas. Obviously these did damage to him, otherwise he would have continued the chase. I wouldn't really say the corona beam from spacegodzilla did much damage since the whole fight in the movie was just them shooting eachother. With no real damage done to either.

Godzilla lived in a volcano, came out like it was nothing, never showed any real damage from any conventional weapon that was used on him and has healing that far exceeds Gamera.

GG

ModeratorGiganFeb-22-2015 4:52 PM

I had a heart attack when i came on and saw 22 replies.

GMAN- Thank you, if forgot to add that in. I was sort of in a hurry when writing this.

Good grief.

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-22-2015 4:55 PM

Well I don't think godzilla can live without his heart and if gamera hand falls off, he catch godzilla beam and turn it into a weapon and rip out godzilla organs

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-22-2015 4:57 PM

Gorillas hate out expect? I Gamera vs Godzilla XD! I not even a gamera fan and I defending him, what am I doing with my life

Daikaiju Danielle

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-22-2015 5:06 PM

This may not add anything to the debate, but didn't Godzilla not defeat Biollante? He collapsed from the chemical he ingested before he could beat her. 

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganFeb-22-2015 6:45 PM

Well, I'm going with a tie. Both are so equally matched that it'd be hard to determine a winner.

Plasma Breath < Atomic Breath

GA Durability < GO Durability

GA Strength = GO Strength

Flight > No flight

Needs chest to open up for powerful attack > Launches pulse for powerful attack

Pretty equal.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Durp004

MemberBaragonFeb-22-2015 8:51 PM

That's assuming Gamera would be able to pierce his body deep enough that he could rip out his heart. To do so we're assuming Godzilla and Iris both have equal defenses and I'm sorry but Godzilla is definitely stronger in that category. The only way I see Gamera coming out on top is if this is actually the 89 Godzilla and he's infected with the ANEB as he's fighting Gamera. In that case Gamera wins because he could last long enough until it takes effect, but assuming this is the monster that went toe to toe with a 120 meter 200,000 ton immortal plant hybrid and he's not hindered by biological attack Godzilla comes out on top.

High FLYERS Tag Team

MemberMothra LarvaeFeb-23-2015 11:37 AM

Mg 2 preached godzilla with harpoons

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonFeb-23-2015 1:09 PM

Don't forget the body masses between the two, Gamera 120 tons. Godzilla 22,000-66,000 tons. Weight is also a huge difference maker in this fight.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
7amey
7amey » Baragon
21% To Next Rank
XarKhaan
XarKhaan » Mothra Larvae
57% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums