Godzilla Movie

G2016: Mutant Godzillasaurus or Resurrected Ancient?

2293 Views14 Replies
Forum Topic

Something Real

MemberGodzillaMay-06-2015 12:45 AM

Hello there.

Over the past few weeks, I have had the pleasure of reviewing multiple Godzilla films and, as a result, have begun to ponder something with regards to the upcoming 2016 Godzilla. What is his origin? Is he going to follow in the (massive) footsteps of the original titan from 1954 and be "resurrected" by the atom bomb? Or is he going to be a mutated version of a peaceful, plant-eating Godzillasuaurs that was exposed to the intense radiation of an atomic blast? As always, your thoughts and conjecture with regards to this topic are always quite welcome, even if you choose to keep them to yourself. :)

14 Replies

dinoboy22

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-06-2015 3:48 AM

well i like the mutated godzillasaur idea because it gives godzilla a little more depth to him. he was left alone to die and mutated by an atomic explosion. he can no longer be among his own kind (if he has any left) and must feed off radiation to survive and he pretty much kills anyting he touches. kind of a sad existance. its better in my opinion than just being angry about being woken up from a loud bang

godzilla200010

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-06-2015 5:29 AM

^somethign real "footsteps of the original titan from 1956 " the first film took place in 1954 when it was realesed in japan. There is no point in using the year it came to America. It's like saying 1985 instead 1984 or Godzilla millennium firts came out in 2000 when it actually came out in 1999. See my point here.

dopepope

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-06-2015 9:35 AM

If the design of the monster is awesome, I'll take any origin story they throw at us. 

Dopepope:experimental aesthetics

zBrush commissions available upon request. email me here:

dope@dopepope.com

Duratok

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-06-2015 9:42 AM

I always prefered the 'ancient monster' version. The mutated Godzillasaurus always bugged me, it was one of many things the Heisei series did to overexplain everything. Being an ancient creature makes him more like a force of nature, something mysterious and terrible.

Gojiler: King of the Derp Monsters

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-06-2015 9:49 AM

I would also say the ancient monster story would be better. It let's you know that Godzilla is unkillable and undying. He is immortal.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaMay-06-2015 11:08 AM

GODZILLA200010 - Ugh! You are absolutely right! I can not believe I made that error! Hahaha! Thank you for pointing that out to me! I sometimes get the two dates scrambled up! :)

Something Real

MemberGodzillaMay-06-2015 11:11 AM

DOPEPOPE - I concur! I will be exceedingly pleased with any origin - provided the new Godzilla can pull his weight on screen (a very likely scenario)! :)

Something Real

MemberGodzillaMay-06-2015 11:15 AM

DINOBOY22 - Hahaha! I certainly see your point of view! I, too, hope the new Godzilla has a modicum of depth to his presence! Indeed; being doused by radiation to the point that you destroy everything in your path regardless of intention would be a very sad existence. However, I so not believe that the next iteration of Godzilla is going to be a sympathetic character; I have a feeling he is going to be nightmarish! :)

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganMay-06-2015 1:28 PM

Why not both?

Maybe he's an ancient monster that was enhanced by the Atomic Bomb instead of created by it. Maybe the bomb made him a bit larger and made his dorsal spines a little more pronounced.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

Ultrazero80

MemberTitanosaurusMay-06-2015 1:40 PM

I think that they should possibly have Godzilla be a mutated Godzillasaurus so they can diffrentiate themselves from Godzilla (2014) and possibly try some new stuff with Godzilla like legendary did.

Godzilla... Truly a God incarnate.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonMay-06-2015 2:24 PM

@Ultrazero80 

The thing is the original 54 Godzilla was already an existing creature. Legendary followed that forumal for their film. I'm all for him being an existing monster of myth and legend. 

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Ultrazero80

MemberTitanosaurusMay-06-2015 2:58 PM

BIGBADBEN> I knew that the original Godzilla was already a giant monster before the atomic bomb test and that Legendary did the same thing with thier verison as well, I also wouldn't mind if they gave him his 1954 origin. But I think that Toho should try to either give Godzilla his Heisei origins or try something like SCI-FI KING said to combine both origins into one this way they can keep things new and interesting.

Godzilla... Truly a God incarnate.

Godzillasylum

MemberMothra LarvaeMay-06-2015 5:08 PM

Ok ok ok ok, this has kind of gotten me confused. So in the original 1954 Godzilla, was he created by the bombs that hit Hiroshima/Nagisaki in 45', or the H bomb test in 54'?

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonMay-06-2015 5:13 PM

Actually, the h-bombs woke him up. He was already a creature of myth and legend in the original film. The heisei Godzilla is completely different. Godzillasaurus was used for this setup. It's confusing. However, the heisei Godzilla is far bigger and far more powerful than the original. 

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums