Godzilla Movie

Godzilla Miniature Scenes

1616 Views14 Replies
Forum Topic

linear drift

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-05-2015 10:42 AM

Hello Godzilla Fans!  I loved the new Godzilla 2014 movie so much that I went out and bought the 12in Tall Action firgure from Neca.  It was such a cool action figure that I decided to build a complete city scene using N Scale model train scapes.  Here are the two links to the images.  I hope you ike them.

Actual Model

http://godzillaminaturescenes.blogspot.com/2015/06/inspired-by-godzilla-2014-movie-i-built.html

Photo Edits

http://godzillaminaturescenes.blogspot.com/2015/06/godzilla-miniature-scenes-digital-edits.html

14 Replies

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganJun-05-2015 12:23 PM

These are amazing!!! Where did you get the city model? I've been looking for one for stop motions for a while now.

“Banana oil.”- George Takei, Gigantis: The Fire Monster

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJun-05-2015 12:57 PM

What kind of camera did you use. To get this kind of depth of field with that scale of miniatures is difficult.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

linear drift

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-05-2015 1:26 PM

Hi, thanks for the compliments.  So let me answer the questions.

As for the City Model:  I bought buildiungs from a company called Kato.  I used their N scale series.  There is one called Unitram.  They sell the buildings and the city roads layout.  Youc an configure them as you like. Just do search for Kato Unitram adn you will see tons of results.  I also bought little cars and other building from other N scale train suppliers.

As for the Camera:  I used a Canon 5D Mark II.  I also had depth issues with the pictures.  I tried not to get too close to the model to resolve that.  The key was to shoot above f8.  I shot outside using natural light.  I waited for a cloudy day to make it look cool.  Hope this helps.

THANK YOU!!

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJun-05-2015 1:50 PM

Did you ever consider shooting indoors? Or was lighting difficult without 1ks or higher?

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."

linear drift

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-05-2015 2:11 PM

I wanted to shoot outside so that I could get real skies and buildings in the background.  I went to the top of a parking garage which eliminated house, trees, and other objects that would ruin the shot.  s

I guess I could have shot inside with some strong lights, but I really wanted natural light.  I am not sure what the issues might have been with that kind of set up.  : )

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganJun-05-2015 5:14 PM

Hm. They cost quite a bit. I'm not sure I can pay $30 for one building.

KoldWarKid62

MemberBaragonJun-06-2015 6:32 AM

Love 'em!! Very nice work.

SapphireOverlord

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-06-2015 3:04 PM

Glad to see I'm not the only one around here that used N Scale buildings and scenery for a Godzilla project.  I've got a working N Scale Moduel with the Polar Lights 16 1/2-inch Godzilla figure stomping through it that I use for train shows.

Keep up the good work man.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaJun-06-2015 6:18 PM

LINEAR DRIFT - Welcome to SCIFIED! It is always quite agreeable to see new faces! The images you have provided are exceptionally neat! You certainly have a gift for photography with regards to depth of field and subject positioning! Excellently done! Thank you so much for taking the time to share these with us, and, once again, Welcome to SCIFIED! :)

linear drift

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-07-2015 9:11 AM

Hello everyone.  Thank you so much for the kind words.  It really means a lot.  Now let me comment back on some of this stuff.  : )

YES the buildings can be pricey, but look on Amazone AND EBay.  I just found on super tall Kato city building for 14.00!!!!!   You just have to dig.

To member:  sapphireoverlord  -  What model 16 1/2 model are you working with?  I would love to see your work when you are done.  PLEASE SHARE!  : )

To member: something real - thank you for the kind words.  I will post more work once it is complete.

All the Best!!

SapphireOverlord

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-07-2015 6:18 PM

Linear Draft-

There we go.  You can see it now.  Please note that these are old photos and are not up to date.  Stupid Windows Phone app...

SapphireOverlord

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-07-2015 6:31 PM

http://www.godzilla-movies.com/community/forums/topic/40578

Quick link if you don't see it on the Latest Discussion List

linear drift

MemberMothra LarvaeJun-10-2015 10:51 AM

To member:  sapphireoverlord  -  Very cool!  Looks nice, but the images are small.  Is this the correct link:  http://www.godzilla-movies.com/community/forums/topic/40578

Are those Neca buildings?

Sci-Fi King25

MemberGiganJun-10-2015 12:50 PM

^NECA MADE BUILDINGS?!?!?!

Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums