Godzilla Movie

Godzilla 2016's Appearance and Design Elements

1678 Views10 Replies
Forum Topic

Gigan923

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-09-2015 6:18 AM

From what we know about the Godzilla incarnation to be featured in the 2016 Toho movie, it will be even bigger than the Legendary Godzilla and thanks to the foot imprint on one of the promotional posters, this Godzilla will have four toed feet. That's not very much to go on so for now we can only speculate. An interesting question is whether or not this Godzilla will have design elements from past Godzillas incorporated into him, a bit like what Toho did with the Final Wars Godzilla. Additionally, what sort of roar will he have and should this Godzilla look intimidating and scary like the 1984 Godzilla, atleast that's how he appeared to me. I think a more scary looking Godzilla would fit quite well, mainly because this will be a reboot, therefore giving newcomers to the franchise a scary impression of Godzilla to remember. Additionally, will this 2016 Godzilla movie have Godzilla on his own solo quest of destruction and not fighting any monster opposition? Also, what will his exact size be compared to the Legendary Godzilla if he's going to be larger? Please leave your thoughts below! 

10 Replies

Trykkleif

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-09-2015 9:25 AM

I think they should do what they did with Final Wars, because I think that's the best looking Godzilla. I also think they should just go with a solo Godzilla this time and maybe do it a bit darker than before.

GG

ModeratorGiganJul-09-2015 10:09 AM

When was it said too be bigger then legendary, its literally just speculation.

Good grief.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonJul-09-2015 10:42 AM

GorillaGodzilla,

Speculation or not, what's wrong with Tohos Godzilla being bigger than Legendary's? Nothing. It may or may not happen but, I would love to see Godzilla reach 120 meters for the first time ever. What it comes down to is what Shinji Higuchi wants to do. Godzilla at 50 meters created more detailed miniature sets. If Shinji Higuchi increased the titans size to 120 meters, then who is to say he won't do the same for Godzilla? 

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Duratok

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-09-2015 12:16 PM

@GorillaGodzilla,

Actually, it's not 'literally just speculation'. It's a fact, if we're to believe a quote seen on numerous news sites regarding the issue.

From Rocket News, a site specializing in bringing Japanese news to the English-speaking people;

The only other information that we have about the movie so far comes from a “Godzilla footprint” released with the tagline that “this footprint comes from a Godzilla even bigger than the 108-meter (354-foot) tall Hollywood one.”

GG

ModeratorGiganJul-09-2015 2:51 PM

I don't really believe Rocket News is a credible source.

Sounds like that Kdramastars place where they were spouting nonsense about G18 being in 16 or 17, they are still saying its coming 2017 lol.

And i highly doubt it will be taller, Godzilla's peak in height for Tokusatsu is 100 meters, Heisei is the tallest they will make him.

Good grief.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonJul-09-2015 3:06 PM

"Godzillas peak in tokusatsu is 100 meters. Heisei is the tallest they will make him."

True. But, what about king Ghidorah who was 150 meters?  If they can fit him on screen then they can fit a Godzilla at a 120 meters.

No offense GorillaGodzilla but it seems to me that you personally don't want Toho to provide a Godzilla taller than G14. Your love for G14 is blinding you to the filmmaking Toho can provide. They may not outdo CGI effects but they can still make a movie that is enjoyable, marveling, spectacular, etc. 

With Shinji Higuchi aboard, the special effects will be outstanding. As long as the story is great, the characters are memorable, and Godzillas design all flow together in this film, then we could see a Godzilla film that can be classified as one of the greatest. With news begin slow, we won't know anything. All we can do is hope for the best! 

http://hugeben.deviantart.com/  check out my gallery of Godzilla artwork! Follow me on Twitter@thebigbadben90.

Something Real

MemberGodzillaJul-09-2015 3:50 PM

GIGAN923 - Now this is a very compelling topic! Hmm...the honest truth of the matter is that I am hoping for an iteration of Godzilla that harkens back to his originally incarnation from 1954. Something monstrous, majestic, terrifying and alltogether enthralling - a true monster! I would greatly like to see Godzilla portrayed as a living testiment to atomic power's exceptionally dark and haunting past, a being brought into existence unaware of its own destructive capacity, yet urged beyond comprehension to lay waste to Mankind's fragile representation of civilization. Godzilla, in my opinion, should be characterized as the final result of unrestrained progress: the utter end of all those who trod the face of the world unconcerned for the damage they cause as they clamour for ever greater heights of power and wealth. He is not balance; he is the final result of a self-destructive species - one that must ultimately return that species to the dust.

gojira19

MemberMothra LarvaeJul-09-2015 7:22 PM

Well, I do not know the tone they will  use for this movie; but I am not with the scary and threatening stuff at this point, because it could be harmful for the franchise.

Remember the original 1954 film, for me is one of the best produced pieces in the entire series; but Godzilla did not receive any simpahty there, everyone in film and outside it wanted to look him death because all the chaos, destruction and sorrow he caused (I need to say he was the most destructive Godzilla to date alongside GMK, but technically they are the same). Facing the truth, GOdzilla just become more appealing after battling other monsters and becoming "the hero" of the series. It is said that Tanaka regreted to do that, but I think the mistake was more on Cartoonishing him, because afterwards nobody took the movies seriously. Returning to the roots like the original film will please everyone, specially the fan base whom mainly understand the plot and the possible twists; but the overall audience will do? What it will cause is adversion to the character and a chorus in the audience cursing and yelling: KILL THAT BASTARD!; KILL THAT BASTARD!! Personally I do not want such thing.

Personally I prefer something like the Heisei series, but with a more serious approaching: seeing him as a menacing figure, with unthinkable power and virtually impervious to anything, caring for his own matters until is being attacked, like saying "Do you wanna fight? You will suffer!!!". ANd if a monster appears, he will fight against it to for invading his space or for treathening his survival, not for any special wish to protect the humankind. Dreadful, but still the only capable to destroy the major treaths.

Huge-Ben

MemberBaragonJul-10-2015 4:48 PM

@Gojira19,

The tone of the film will be dark. Which is good because it will separate it from legendary. 

Now, "but I'm not with the scary and threatening stuff at this point as it could be harmful to the franchise."

Not true. Godzilla represents the dangers of the atomic bomb and has been a living nightmare about it. 

"I need to say he was the most destructive Godzilla to date along side with Gmk, but technically they are the same." Not true. They specifically said in gmk this. "First Godzilla attack was repulsed. The animal was killed by using an unknown chemical compound. The inventor has since died and his records are gone."

Gmk is not the 1954 Godzilla. It's never been confirmed by Toho that it is. So, I have no idea where some fans are getting this whole Gmk Godzilla is the 54' Godzilla. It's embarrassing at this point anymore to keep thinking it is when it's not. The only thing they have in common is probably the destruction and the atomic breath. But, if that's the case, then the same could be said for all other Godzilla films in which Godzilla is destructive.

"Personally I prefer something like the heisei series, but with a more serious approaching."

The only way to achieve that is going back to the original 54' film. You see, people love all Godzilla movies but, many consider Godzilla to be a living nightmare destined to be a threat to mankind and it's how he started to begin with. I, myself love Godzilla being a menace, a nightmare, a frightening malevolent (God)  to put us humans in our place.

G. H. (Gman)

AdminGodzillaJul-10-2015 5:09 PM

but the overall audience will do?

I think that's what most audiences want considering how Godzilla '14 tricked everyone into thinking that's what it was going to be-- Thus the polarizing reaction it got.

"'Nostalgic' does not equal 'good,' and 'standards' does not equal 'elitism.'" "Being offended is inevitable. Living offended is your choice."
Add A Reply
Sign In Required
Sign in using your Scified Account to access this feature!
Email
Password
Latest Images
Godzilla & Kaiju Godzilla & Kaiju Fandom
Godzilla Movie Forums
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters
Monarch: Legacy of Monsters Discuss the Monsterverse TV series on Apple TV here!
Godzilla Fan Works
Godzilla Fan Works Share Your Godzilla Fan Creations
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong sequel here!
Godzilla Merchandise
Godzilla Merchandise Discuss Godzilla Toys & Literature
Godzilla: Minus One
Godzilla: Minus One Discuss the Toho movie, Godzilla: Minus One here!
Godzilla
Godzilla Talk all things Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera & more here
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla 2014 Discuss the Legendary Godzilla Series
Godzilla Video Games
Godzilla Video Games Talk and Compare Godzilla Games
Shin-Gojira
Shin-Gojira Discuss Shin-Godzilla here
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters Discuss the Legendary Godzilla sequel here!
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2020) Discuss the Godzilla vs. Kong Monsterverse movie here!
Hot Forum Topics
New Forum Topics
Highest Forum Ranks Unlocked
G. H. (Gman)
G. H. (Gman) » Godzilla
54% To Next Rank
Cool Godzilla
Cool Godzilla » Gigan
42% To Next Rank
Nicozilla
Nicozilla » Baragon
75% To Next Rank
Gojirafan2013
Gojirafan2013 » Baragon
67% To Next Rank
KoldWarKid62
KoldWarKid62 » Baragon
43% To Next Rank
Latest Godzilla Fandom Activity
Godzilla Forum Teams

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release.

© 2024 Scified.com
Sign in
Use your Scified Account to sign in

Transport To Communities
Alien Hosted Community
Cloverfield Hosted Community
Godzilla Hosted Community
Jurassic World Hosted Community
Predator Hosted Community
Aliens vs. Predator Hosted Community
Latest Activity
Forums