Release Date
Fans Online
Get TicketsGodzilla ShirtsGodzilla shirtFeatured

Epic Godzilla 2014 Sculpture by Sean Chong!

Epic Godzilla 2014 Sculpture by Sean Chong!

Legendary's Godzilla will be making a monstrous return in Michael Dougherty's Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) and will face off against other Toho classic Monsters Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah. While filming remains under wraps, with very little leaking out from production I thought it best to highlight a remarkable piece of Godzilla craftsmanship - a sculpt of the 2014 Godzilla by Sean Chong!

The level if detail put into this sculpture is absolutely incredible. The blue light eminating from beneath Godzilla dorsal spikes as he charges up for his atomic blast is visible all along Godzilla back:

Most G-fans will agree that the design for Legendary and Warner Bros' Monsterverse Godzilla was quite befitting for the king of all monsters and it is expected that his design will be slightly tweaked for the upcoming sequel - Godzilla will likely be even larger and more powerful than in the 2014 movie.

What do you think of this sculpt? Do you wish to see any changes or improvements made to Godzilla's design for Godzilla 2? Let us know in the comments! Have any Godzilla works you would like to see featured? Post about them in our forums!

Godzilla fas looking to discover more about the Godzilla sequel King of the Monsters are encouraged to join in the Godzilla Movies forum - a dedicated community of Godzilla movie and Monsterverse fans.

Stay up to date with the latest news on Godzilla 2 King of the Monsters by liking Scified on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Godzilla blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

More Godzilla: King of the Monsters Articles

8 Fan responses to Epic Godzilla 2014 Sculpture by Sean Chong!

TheGMan123

Sep-14-2017 7:55 AM

Is it just me, or does he not look chubby enough? :P

But seriously, given how thick the rest of him is, I think his mid-section being a bit on the larger side fits better. Or is it just the angled shots tricking my eyes into thinking the figure's thinner than it actually is?

Chris

Sep-14-2017 8:03 AM

Seems about right to me. Perhaps the midsection is a bit thinner here but not by much.

Sep-14-2017 8:23 AM

^yeah. a little slim.

I think his toes could be longer. I always hated his feet. His dorsal fins must be bigger in Godzilla 2. I feel they left little impression with me and that's a huge part of Godzilla's design in any Godzilla movie.

Dark Nebula

Sep-14-2017 9:20 AM

Looks fine to me.

I think it looks thinner is because a lot of Japanese fans complained about the 2014 version of Godzilla being too fat.

Idk if this was the case here.

TheGMan123

Sep-14-2017 11:58 AM

The chubbier look fits, in my opinion, because the rest of him is so chunky as well. It looks out of place with this shrunken-in abdomen.

Sep-14-2017 8:57 PM

This is an amazing sculpture. Say what you will about the 2014 movie, this design of Godzilla is incredible. It's slowly becoming my favorite the more I see it and the more news comes out of KotM and GvK. I hope the adjustments to the design are minor.

Lord Tyrannos/I Meme Everything

Sep-17-2017 5:17 PM

Epic.

dopepope

Sep-19-2017 3:59 PM

This is absolutely beautiful!

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.