Release Date
Fans Online
Get TicketsGodzilla ShirtsGodzilla shirtFeatured

Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters movie trailer NOW ONLINE!

Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters movie trailer NOW ONLINE!

Fans can now watch the mind-blowing first trailer for Michael Dougherty's Godzilla: King of the Monsters, the sequel to Gareth Edwards' 2014 Godzilla movie and the precursor to 2020's Godzilla vs. Kong! Airing right after its Hall H debut at San Diego Comic-Con this afternoon, the first Godzilla 2 trailer packs TONS of footage, not shying away from Monster mayhem in the slightest! Watch the first trailer for King of the Monsters below and be sure to check back soon for a selection of high quality screenshots!

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) Trailer

What did you think?! Sound off in the comments with your first impressions!

This article was written By Chris and published on 2018-07-21 11:43:16

More Godzilla: King of the Monsters Articles

51 Fan responses to Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters movie trailer NOW ONLINE!

Chris

Jul-21-2018 11:51 AM

Watching this on repeat right now... Rodan looks BEAST!

Jul-21-2018 11:55 AM

Simply incredible. This alone has made the past 4 years with it.

The Jurassic Bootleg

Jul-21-2018 11:56 AM

Too....much....awesomeness!

KaijuWorld

Jul-21-2018 12:08 PM

Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RobEkman79

Jul-21-2018 12:09 PM

Long live the King! Yes!

Chris

Jul-21-2018 12:12 PM

Love how they kept Ghidorah relatively hidden in this trailer.

The Hood

Jul-21-2018 12:12 PM

4 years......4 years......

It finally feels like a reality now...

The music was counterpoint, but I'm still loving it. This is going to be epic.

The Hood

Jul-21-2018 12:14 PM

Also forgot to add, I think the next trailer is going to be darker and more "End Of The World"-ish

KoldWarKid62

Jul-21-2018 12:14 PM

Wow. Rodan looks absolutely majestic, that silhouette of Ghidorah was cool and I got goosebumps when Mothra unfurled her wings. I'm officially, yet still cautiously optimistic, but it looks promising.

KaijuWorld

Jul-21-2018 12:16 PM

Every monster (from what we have seen) is looking like how we want them to look like. Mothra looks awesome, Rodan looks way more like a pterodactyl and Ghidorah is mostly a mystery at this point. I haven't been so excited like this for a long time. *Fangirl squeal*

KoldWarKid62

Jul-21-2018 12:17 PM

...and if I'm not mistaken, the beginning of the trailer looks like it takes place in my hometown, Boston!

Super Godzilla

Jul-21-2018 12:19 PM

The hype, I can't take it!

KaijuWorld

Jul-21-2018 12:19 PM

Also at 2:02 it looks like Ghidorah is standing on 2 legs. I am noticing more destined as I watch the trailer again and again.

Resurgence

Jul-21-2018 12:20 PM

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

THEY RUINED GODZILLA GOD DAMN IT ALL!

KoldWarKid62

Jul-21-2018 12:22 PM

Love the Toho nod with Rodan's shadow also.

Chris

Jul-21-2018 1:10 PM

How did they ruin Godzilla?! He looks dope!

Sci-Fi King25

Jul-21-2018 1:23 PM

It looks great. The monster designs look good.

(Also Ghidorah kinda looks like he's standing on his back legs that's a plus)

Vishnu

Jul-21-2018 1:26 PM

I'M CRYING! THAT WHAT THIS MEANS TO ME! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GODZILLA! MOTHRA! RODAN! KING GHIDORAH!!!! GODZILLA IS LOVE, GODZILLA IS LIFE! LET THEM FIGHT! Damn, 2019 too far away DX

Tikiman

Jul-21-2018 1:48 PM

INCREDIBLE!!!!! GO GO GODZILLA!!!!!!!!

Resurgence

Jul-21-2018 2:27 PM

i stand corrected after seeing it seven more times I AM HYPED AS ALL HELL!

Jamaal

Jul-21-2018 2:56 PM

This trailer is incredibly beautiful. The monsters are stunning, the narrative is moving, the score/theme is sweeping. Godzilla: King of the Monsters looks to be an overwhelming monster/apocalypse event film with world-wide implications. I am looking forward to seeing more of the cast as well as these beautifully rendered kaiju.

Thank you, Legendary and Warner Bros.

Tiamatzilla

Jul-21-2018 4:44 PM

Yes thank you Legendary and Warner Bros! Great job! This is the big one! I am very impressed!

godzilla3580

Jul-21-2018 8:40 PM

GUYS!!!!!!!! I am so hyped right now! Just WOW

godzilla3580

Jul-21-2018 8:45 PM

The only real questions I still have are:

Will Rodan have his classic roar?? That's easily my favorite monster roar behind Godzilla's

Is Ghidorah actually gonna be golden? If the monster we see behind the glass is him, he looks very brown :(

123Engineer

Jul-22-2018 4:56 AM

I also had to watch it several times. However, I dont think that the music fits 100%, its still a very good trailer. My number one movie I am looking forward to.

Suspensorium

Jul-22-2018 5:55 AM

Love the direction this is going, and bringing on the entire fucking roster in the same movie. But! No-one else is acknowledging the contradiction in the voice-over, so I'm gonna bring it up:

"Planet is dying, humans are the infection."
"Titans are the fever to defeat the infection."
"We need to wake all the titans, or else humans will be extinct."

What? We are the infection, therefore we're gonna wake up what's gonna kill us off, or else, we're gonna die? I need some help making sense of that.

Jul-22-2018 8:33 AM

^dont forget this is just a trailer. I am pumped about these scenes but they might not even use any of these images in the final product much like the last time. So any dialogue or narrative in this trailer might not even be part of the over all story.

That being said I can’t help but be pumped! Godzilla’s dorsal fins look great! Rodan looks great! Mothra looks great! So far no wing walking Ghidorah! They all look close to the original designs fans could except. Love the way it looks so far! Still trying to figure out Millie Bobby Browns character.

Desugoji61206

Jul-22-2018 11:58 AM

I have been crying in excitement!

Jul-22-2018 1:58 PM

Quick question. What that Mothra who we saw Millie Bobby Brown trying to touch? It looks like a larva, but I thought only Mothra's adult form was going to be in this movie? And if it is an adult, her eyes look rather small compared to past incarnations of her adult form. I mean it's spot on for the larva but if it is the adult Mothra, I may have some concerns about her head. Her wings, from what we've been shown, are beautiful.

godzilla3580

Jul-22-2018 3:29 PM

@Suspensorium Yea, I've been thinking the same thing. Maybe she means we need to wake them up so they can all kill each other? Because Godzilla can tank a nuke, so what can we really do?

KoldWarKid62

Jul-22-2018 3:52 PM

@KingKaijuGojira - Without seeing the movie, I believe that yes, that is the larval stage we see in that scene.

KoldWarKid62

Jul-22-2018 4:04 PM

It looks like this version has little legs up front, which made me think it might be larval, although, we do see what appears to be a coccoon just prior, so that may be the adult form.

Chris

Jul-23-2018 5:46 AM

I start every morning by watching this trailer haha

KaijuWorld

Jul-23-2018 6:03 AM

Lol, Same here. I have watched it over 20 times by now and I still get shivers.

KoldWarKid62

Jul-23-2018 1:19 PM

Don't know if anyone's noticed or mentioned it yet, but at least one of Godzilla's spines is nearly identical to the '54 G. Pretty cool.

Im Durp

Jul-23-2018 4:05 PM

Feels so strange that we finally made it. Trailer looks great, I've already watched it more times than I'd care to count

Jamaal

Jul-23-2018 10:24 PM

This trailer answered-in a good way-a lot of questions for me regarding the kaiju. They all look great, beautiful homages to The Series. If you read about them on the Monarch Sciences pages, then think in terms of state-of-the-art VFX applied to these designs and what these monsters can do, then we are looking at destruction on a nearly unimaginable scale. I hope the narrative resonates and the characters are multi-dimensional. GKOTM looks like it may appeal to more than just fans of the genre. I see a giant monster film, one with mystical elements (you have to have that with Mothra), a human drama with family implications (the Russells are divorced), a political thriller (Monarch), and a global disaster story. In other words, something for just about everyone, one stop shopping at the local cineplex.

RR44

Jul-24-2018 9:41 AM

@Resurgence  - wow... you think they ruined Godzilla ? What trailer did you watch ?

Svanya

Jul-25-2018 5:38 AM

Beautiful! Also, something looks like a Pazuzu statue in the trailer *(From The Exorcist)@1:50ish

Svanya

Jul-25-2018 5:39 AM

I'm guessing it's a Mothra statue, still, interesting design, lol.

Jul-25-2018 3:41 PM

Suspensorium,
Yeah the dialog doesn't make the greatest amount of sense. Hopefully there's something to her lines that have been cut or edited for the trailer.

KoldWarKid62

Jul-25-2018 7:23 PM

Dialogue and scenes are often out of context in a trailer, and sometimes don't even make it into the finished film, so I wouldn't take much from this just yet.

Jamaal

Jul-26-2018 10:49 PM

I have a feeling that the dialogue will make perfect sense in the final cut.

TheGMan123

Jul-27-2018 4:14 AM

Let's do this! I need it right now!

KoldWarKid62

Aug-06-2018 8:09 PM

Gave the dialogue some thought, and basically we are causing problems to the world/environment, etc. Global warming is happening. Ghidorah is frozen in ice. We are responsible for freeing him, thus causing our own demise. It's down to the Titans to set things right. That would actually make perfect sense to me.

dk

Aug-08-2018 5:26 PM

Looking great! Hopefully the infection will be eradicated this time.

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Providing the latest official and accurate information on Godzilla: King of the Monsters, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. Godzilla: King of the Monsters and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for Godzilla: King of the Monsters's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.