Zilla Jr. Earth's Second Defender (Re-Written) - The Final Chapter (Including 1-14)
Posted Sep-04-2016 12:59 PM
*Hey Guys just before you read the Final Chapter (sorry if it's a bit short), just want to let you know another big announcement is coming soon...
Nearly 3 years had passed since the San Diego Incident. 13 months after the battle, Peter had proposed to Thea, and they got married in July 2017. They have since had a daughter. They still reside in San Diego. Jonathan would still come every year to visit, and Oliver also remained in San Diego with his wife Gabrielle.
Zilla Jr, a father too now, with his son Zillon, who is growing much faster than even his father expected. Zillon was nearly 120 feet in height and weighed 24 000 tons. His growth would eventually slow down, but would be an adult in a few years, and within the next year, could reach 200 feet in height. He may not become as big as his father, but at this rate, he will definitely be faster.
Godzilla too retreated into the depths once again, living to fight another day, the Alpha Predator waiting for a call. He had rested well over these past few years, no MUTO’s, no Amblygon. Like a warrior waiting for the call of his next battle, the King awaited a challenge, a chance to restore balance.
Little did he know, in 8 days on the 22nd of March, another monster would arise….
(Saturday, 14 March, 18:06, San Diego, California)
It was just about 2 hours and 20 minutes since the battle ended. Zilla Jr was still resting on the floor, while Godzilla himself attained a resting position and gave him company. The sun was starting to set, gracefully bowing out as if it was a part of the show.
Humanitarian organisations and Aid Relief arrived an hour ago. They did what they needed to do, helping the wounded, providing medicinal supplies. Oliver was getting his ankle strapped with bandages, while Peter was getting the cut on his cheek beneath his eye re-stitched up. He was worried about Thea. He wasn’t sure if the bus managed to get out of the city in time, if she was hurt in the battle, or worse…
The entire city was frankly a mess, it was obviously very difficult to find someone. Peter had started searching everywhere for Thea. If she was alive, she could be anywhere in the city. In a city close to a million people, it was theoretically impossible to spot her by eye, but that was all he could do.Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a girl, about 30 meters away to his left. He only just saw the back of her head, and the side of her face. She was sitting down on a chair, and her left arm was heavily bandaged. Her hair looked exactly the same to Thea’s.
Peter tried his best to get to her quickly, but the dense amount of people in front of him slowed him down, having to push and shove his way through.
He called out to her, screaming Thea as loud as he possibly could. She looked up, having heard a faint sound. She looked all-around as struggled to locate it. Then, she found him. Peter was running for her, and was screaming her name. Thea got up quickly, and started running to him too. Pushing and shoving their way through the crowd.
They both longed to be in each other’s arms. They reached out to each other, and embraced. Both relieved to be together, they kissed, indulging in each other. It was more than just a kiss to them, it was more like the hole in their heart being filled again.
While Thea and Peter rekindled, Zilla Jr opened his eyes and sat up. He turned to see Godzilla sitting beside him, beneath all that ‘Alpha Predator’ hoodoo, there was still a heart inside that King. He had come a long way to save his “baby brother”. He helped Zilla Jr to his feet, who was healing quite quickly from his injuries.
News headlines in the city, and frankly all over the world read “Earth’s Second Defender”, as Zilla Jr walked back into the sea, hailed as a hero by some. Some hoped this alliance between Godzilla and Zilla Jr would in the future be one to protect the Earth from other kaiju, only time would tell, as impending threats were soon on their way in 3 years.As Zilla Jr swam away with Godzilla, he couldn’t wait to get back to Aurora. Now, he had to get ready to be a father, and meet his son… Zillon!
Amblygon decided that this was enough, and lifted his right hand to break Zilla Jr’s jaw with a cataclysmic punch, but before he could do that, a ground-shaking footstep was heard, stopped all in its tracks….Amblygon staggered back, forgetting about his enemy for a second.
It hit again, with the thundering footstep sending shockwaves throughout the city. Centred right in the middle of the city, it was extremely difficult for Amblygon to locate where it was coming from, it felt and sounded like it was coming every direction.
Amblygon, confused, screeched at Zilla Jr, asking him what it was. Zilla Jr just smiled, he knew what was coming. Amblygon let out a large shrill, challenging the intruder. He waited for a reply, but being impatient, was ready to let out another one. As he was about to bellow once again, it came…
Terrified by the sound of this, tried to back away but instead ran straight into a building, knocking it over. Another thunderous footstep came this time from behind him. He turned around to face his foe, but the smoke from the building collapse shrouded his view.
He bellowed beyond the smoke, and as the silhouette of the Beast approaching thickened and took shape, Amblygon began to feel it for the first time…FEAR!
Godzilla emerged from the smoke. The King of All Kaiju roared ferociously in the direction of Amblygon, who quivered in fright. The Beast was over 100 feet taller than him, and weighed nearly twice as much. Amblygon wasn’t ready to back down.
He charged at Godzilla with full-force, using all of his strength to inflict damage on the monster. A very dumbfounded tactic, Godzilla swiped him aside a large left hook, which caught Amblygon right on his ribs. While 2 of them shattered on impact, a third one cracked back inwards, puncturing his lung.
Amblygon now struggling to clutch air, swung wildly at Godzilla, trying to connect a punch. It just led to more dismay, as Godzilla grabbed his left arm, and with fair ease, twisted it hard breaking it. The crunch of the bone was heard by the whole city, creating a sickening thud that echoed for miles. Amblygon was hurt tremendously, and had no power to continue.
Just as Godzilla was about to finish him off with a deadly swing of the tail, he felt a hand clutch him and stop him. It was Zilla Jr, he had gotten up. He had to do this, to finish what he started, he wouldn’t back down and let Godzilla finish this for him.
Zilla Jr squared up Amblygon one more time, and fought with new-found tenacity and aggression. Amblygon had to fight in the “Southpaw” stance now, to protect his broken left arm. Zilla Jr wanting to finish him, charged in at Amblygon from an angle, thus making it very hard for Amblygon to defend with his opposite side.
Zilla Jr speared Amblygon into the ground, who screamed in pain as not only his arm, but stomach felt the shockwave pulse through his body. He looked up only for a second before monstrous right hand hit him hard, traumatizing him. He hoped for the end, but only more pain came. Left, right, left, right, left, right, Zilla Jr didn’t hold back and didn’t stop. By the time he was done, Amblygon’s mouth was filled with blood, his entire face was either cut, bruised or broken and could barely see out of his swollen eyes.
He looked up at Zilla Jr, with no emotion visible on his face, except pain. He had one last retaliation in him, to spray his acid breath all over Zilla Jr right in front of him. Just as he was about to let it out, a bright blue flash was seen in Zilla Jr’s eyes, as he let out his own Green Atomic Breath, straight into Amblygon’s face. He let rip for close to 15 seconds before stopping himself. All that was left of Amblygon’s face was a lump of incinerated skin, now turning to ashes.Zilla Jr finally had done it, he waited long enough, and may have died if it weren’t for Godzilla. Tired from the entire ordeal, he collapsed from exhaustion. His injuries weren’t fatal, but they sure as hell hurt. He needed a rest before he could swim.
(Saturday, 14 March, 15:23, San Diego, California)
The news had just come little over 40 minutes ago, 2 kaiju were headed for the city, and as much people as possible were being evacuated, women and children first. Peter was anxiously waiting with Thea for a bus. Finally, another one arrived.
- Don’t worry about it, I’ll see you later, nothing is going to happen, I promise – said Peter to Thea
- Yeah – replied Thea. They both kissed before she got on the bus with Jessica and Gabrielle. They waved goodbye from the window.
- Don’t worry Peter, we’re going to see them again. The military will take care of the kaiju and nothing will happen to them – said Jonathan
John was first to disagree - You really think so? I mean really, what are those snipers, those guys with their assault rifles and even the tanks going to do against those 100 meter giants? Godzilla apparently tanked a nuke at point blank range, a tank shell will probably feel like a prick to them –
- We ought to get to the nearest sub-station before things get ugl… - Jonathan was cut off by an uncontainable screech heard in the distance. Everyone had eerily stopped what they were doing, all chatter was stopped. All was silent apart from soldiers firing orders into their comms. In the streets, there is no more sound, hardly any movement. All of a sudden, a giant, green reptilian hand emerges from the water. It clamps onto a fishing boat, crushing with ease. The huge, scaly creature emerged from the water. Amblygon had arrived, and announced his presence with a resonating bellow that churned the stomachs of all those who heard it. Everything in the street turned into chaos immediately, as people bolted as fast as they could to the nearest subway station. Amblygon immediately scanned the city and tore down the first building in sight by swatting it in half. He continued his rampage, knocking down 6 other buildings in his wake. He sprayed his acid breath over countless buildings in front of him. Amidst Amblygon’s rampage, Peter, Oliver and Jonathan were doing their best to avoid the debris flying all over the place. They managed to flee to the subway station with minor cuts, bruises and lacerations. Peter’s cut below his right eye reopened, while Oliver had twisted his ankle badly amongst the disarray. They were lucky to have made it to safety, before the ensuing Battle of Titans would occur.
Amblygon continued rampaging through the city, destroying buildings, crushing cars. The army was helpless. Their bullets could not penetrate the skin of this beast, and all the tank shells and missiles could do was cause minimum pain and irritation. Below him was a contingent of 6 tanks, firing at him, doing all they can to try hurt him. He almost smiled sadistically before raising his right hand to crush them to pieces.
Just as he was about to strike the tanks, another loud screech was heard from the ocean. To the people and military, this was unrecognisable, but to Amblygon, it was the exact opposite. He cherished hearing it again, knowing he will get another chance to end this other beast’s life. He turned around to face his foe. Zilla Jr emerged from the water, with a scowl on his face that could stop lightning in its tracks, out of the sheer fear of the disdain that lies on that face.
Amblygon roared at Zilla Jr, like a False King trying to overthrow his opposition. Zilla Jr wasn’t even the King, he was comparable to a Prince fighting in place of the King. He roared back with unyielding tenacity, ready to abolish his enemy from the face of the Earth.
They both confronted eachother, and starting sizing eachother up. Zilla Jr was first to land a few punches, showcasing his superior speed and agility, avoiding much of Amblygon’s attempted attacks. Zilla Jr lost concentration for a single second, where Amblygon landed a huge uppercut-like punch, knocking Zilla Jr to the ground, similarly to Rocky Balboa downing Apollo Creed in their first bout within the early seconds of the match, except now, the roles of Hero and Villain were reversed. Amblygon wasn’t exactly stronger than Zilla Jr, but he used his speed with it to good effect, catching Zilla Jr off guard.
He immediately picked Zilla Jr up, and threw him into another buildings. Zilla Jr’s jaw was still cramping from the massive knock earlier, and tried to recover as quickly as possible. He immediately took the fight back to Amblygon, landing quick punches once again. He grappled with Amblygon and came out on top, whacking him into the ground, and headbutting his chest. Amblygon too for the first time in the bout felt some real pain.
Zilla Jr started charging up his atomic breath, but before he could fire, Amblygon sprayed his acid over Zilla Jr’s stomach. Zilla Jr was stunned by this, and the pain of the acid cutting into his skin temporarily blinded his senses. Amblygon took the opportunity that lie in front of him, and picked up Zilla Jr, before tossing him into a nearby buildings.
Zilla Jr didn’t know what do make of this, clearly Amblygon had gotten stronger since their last encounter. Amblygon prepared for another attack, but Zilla Jr was quick back on his feet, and charged towards Amblygon. The two kaiju locked up in a grapple that was a true test of strength. It was evident that they were evenly matched, and it was simply about the angles and pressure points of which to use. Zilla Jr swiftly used his right hand and jabbed Amblygon in the leg.
After that, he swinged his left arm into a spine-shattering punch at Amblygon’s jaw. Amblygon stunned by this punch, forgot his sense of direction, only to find it again when he is smacked in his stomach with Zilla Jr’s tail. Zilla Jr charged up his atomic breath once again and aimed for Amblygon’s head. Fortunately for Amblygon, he rolled of the way at the very last second. However, his left arm was heavily damaged in the attack. Amblygon acted smart and drew a dummy punch with his left hand. This caused a millisecond of hesitation in Zilla Jr, which was enough for Amblygon to cripple him. He swung his right arm at Zilla Jr’s leg, knocking him to the ground.
He then stood on the leg, applying way more pressure and breaking it. Just to make sure, he even sprayed acidic breath over it. Zilla Jr was in unimaginable pain at this stage. He could barely stand up and fight. He limped towards Amblygon, using a different stance to protect his weak leg, He aimed for Amblygon’s throat, but due to his decreased speed, he failed to hit the target and Amblygon dodged it. He then threw a devastation body punch, which with anymore force would have made a hole in his stomach, he should be considered lucky to have escaped with just 3 smashed ribs.
With 3 broken ribs and a shattered leg, Zilla Jr couldn’t stand up and fight anymore now. He had lost all strength. Amblygon readies himself to kill Zilla Jr. One any other given day, Zilla Jr would have probably won, but today Amblygon fought smarter. Zilla Jr’s last retaliation was intending to trip Amblygon over with his tail. The audacity from Zilla Jr shocked Amblygon, it was like he was being invited to kill him.
Amblygon decides this is enough, and lifts his right hand to break Zilla Jr’s jaw with a cataclysmic punch, but before he could do that, a ground-shaking footstep stopped all in its tracks....
(Saturday, 14 March, 14:35, San Diego, California)
Over the past 11 days, Peter and Thea saw eachother more and more. They did more things together, they bonded. Peter was on his way back from Thea's place. Everything seemed normal, nothing was supposedly out of it's place....until the next morning!
(Meanwhile at Monarch HQ)
- Thank you for replying to my urgent calls - said Dr. Serizawa to Admiral Stenz and a few of his other high-ranking officials, talking to them through video transmission - For the past 1 and a half years, we have been most probably living amongst kaiju that have ever surfaced yet. We have obviously been on high-alert ever since San Francisco but sir, we appear to have had 2 kaiju who slipped under our radar -
- How is that possible Doctor? - asked Stenz sternly
- When Gojira and the MUTOs first appeared in Hawaii, we at least knew where they were going and why so they were there, we could track their movements and somewhat were able to limit the death toll, but this time, there was no 'first meeting', we had not spotted them until just under 3 hours ago. There were only 2 reports of sightings of 2 giant kaiju travelling fast. We had only then been able with at least a clue of their locations where they were headed and who they were. We have positively identified one of them. His name is Zilla Junior, and he is supposedly allies with Gojira. He is not the first of his kind to appear. Another one of his species, smaller than him, surfaced in 1998 and wreaked havoc for no more than 11 hours in Australia. It was a fairly small period of time, not too much damage, thus it was easy to keep in secret. It was killed when it was shot by 6 F-18 Razor missiles. It's been under the cover of an earthquake, many people who witnessed the creature have been "diagnosed" with trauma, but they know fully what they saw. But that's not what we are here discuss. Zilla Junior has been following another kaiju, codename: Amblygon. He is responsible for the destruction of many missing boats over the past few weeks - explains Dr. Serizawa
- Where are these kaiju headed? - asked Stenz
- We do not know the exact location sir, but they may hit either San Diego or Los Angeles - replies Dr. Graham
- I fear we do not have time to evacuate 2 cities, they will reach in less than an hour, plus neither are attracted to radiation particularly like Gojira and the Mutos, luring them away with a nuclear warhead is not an option - says Serizawa
- We will send as much artillery we can Doctor, and will try to evacuate as much people as we can, we cannot afford a repeat of what happened 2 years ago- says Stenz
- Thank you Admiral, please my request Admiral, try not to hurt Zilla Jr, he is as much on our side as anyone else. He is trying to kill Amblygon - says Serizawa
- I'll try my best Doctor, but both these beasts are a danger to national security, should the government feel the need to take them both down, I won't have any hesitation to press the button - says Stenz
- I understand Admiral - replies Serizawa
(Saturday, 5 March, 10:43, San Diego, California)
Peter had woken up on his bed. Despite reaching home at 21:29, he didn't sleep until around midnight. All he did was think about that kiss. He knew what it meant to him, but what exactly did it mean to Thea. Yes, it meant that she felt the same way about Peter than he did about her, but he felt like it also meant something else to her. Nonetheless he got up, and had breakfast. After he showered and changed, he decided to go to Thea's place, he didn't know if she was awake, but he thought it was worth a shot. He felt like he needed to tell her about Kate. He got to the place and parked outside. He got off and walked inside the building.
- Good morning sir, how may I be of help to you? - said Joe
- Morning, I'm here to see Thea - said Peter
- Name sir? - inquired Joe
- Peter - said Peter. Joe then picked up the phone, and dialed Thea's number.
- Morning Thea, you have a Peter here to see you....I'll send him up thank you - said Joe - Floor 3, Room 104 in case you didn't know -
- Thanks - said Peter as he walked away to the elevator. It didnt take long to arrive, he stepped inside, punched the button for floor 3. The doors closed and it started moving. The doors opened and he stepped out. He walked around the corner to find her room. After no more than a few seconds he saw it. He knocked on the door. She opened it and greeted him.
- Hey - she said as she smiled at him.
- Good morning - said Peter - Can I come in? - asked Peter
- Sure no problem - said Thea. Peter walked in, the room was very similar to his, but was a bit smaller. Peter wanted to tell her about Kate, but he didn't know how to.
- Can I ask you something? - said Thea, Peter nodded - Back when we were at Oliver's house, I saw a couple of pictures of them with you standing next to another girl, who is she? - asked Thea, who had actually just helped him by asking the question. Peter sat down next to her.
- She was my girlfriend. I loved her, I really did. Almost exactly a year ago, she was driving to go visit her parents. There was a car accident, her car was hit full force. She died at the scene - said Peter
- I'm sorry - Thea didn't know what else to say, there isn't much you can say in situations like these.
- I have moved on now or tried to atleast - said Peter. Thea gave him a hug. There wasn't much else to say between them.
- Would you like to go out for a walk? - asked Thea
- If you really want to - said Peter. They got up and went to the elevator. The reached the bottom floor, and went outside. It wasn't exactly "jolly" weather. It was a dark overcast day, the sun was nowhere to be seen, but the chances of rainfall looked slim. It was just very cloudy and fairly chilly. They both enjoyed this weather. They eventually stopped by a coffee shop after a few minutes of walking. They sat down by a table. Thea ordered a coffee, but Peter didn't order anything at all.
- I knew someone once - said Thea. Peter was taken back by this statement. He guess Thea thought that because he had told his story, she felt it was only necessary to tell hers.
- What happened? - asked Peter
- We first met 2 years ago, he was really nice at first. We starting going out. I felt like he really did love me. Then I don't know what happened. He became more aggressive, angry, he didn't care about me. One day I questioned his loyalty, and he lashed out. He hit me several times, and just left me....my cheekbone was broken, my entire face was bruised. I didn't want to be seen in public for weeks. I managed to lay charges, he is currently serving 2 years of jail time, and then 120 hours of community service - said Thea - That's in the past now- Peter was completely overwhelmed by this. He would have never expected this from her. She was only 23, but she had already been through so much. She was lucky enough to be able to stop the abuse after only one time, other women aren't so lucky. She has since managed to move on with her life. He could only admire her, and love her.
- You're an amazing person - said Peter
- So are you - said Thea. They both decided it was time to leave, and go home.
- It was great seeing you again - said Peter - Another time I guess -
- Another time - said Thea, as they leaned forward and kissed, once again. They parted their ways. Both of them had gotten what they needed to off their chest. It was clear that it meant alot to both of them. While Peter stood there, he thought things we gonna get better from here on, but he was oblivious to the danger that was about to verge on San Diego.
(Friday, 4 March, 18:43, San Diego, California)
Jonathan and Jessica had already reached Oliver's place. Peter was on his way to fetch Thea. He wore a plain white t-shirt, with a tight-fitting black leather jacket, and beige cargo pants. He had just reached Thea's apartment. It wasn't too far from his own place, it didn't take him more than 15 minutes to arrive. He waited for no more than a couple of minutes leaning against the car, when she stepped outside. She was wearing black jeans, with a long sleeve black top, and thin jacket on top. Her entire outfit matched with her black painted fingernails. Her hair was let loose, it ran until her shoulder.
- You look beautiful - That's the only thing Peter could think to say.
- Thanks - said Thea, she hugged him, and they both got in the car. After another 15 minutes, they had reached Oliver's place. When they got there, it was Oliver who opened the door.
- Hey! - said Oliver, as Peter walked in and embraced his brother.
- This is Thea, Thea, my older brother Oliver - said Peter
- Nice to meet you - said Thea
- Thanks for coming along - said Oliver. Peter and Thea both went to the living where everybody was seated. Peter greeted Jonathan, Jessica, Gabrielle [Oliver's wife] and introduced Thea to all of them. After a few minutes of chatter, they all went to the dining table, and proceeded to have supper. They had spent just over 2 hours there, and the time was 20:58. There wasn't much more to do or to talk about. It was nothing more than a casual dinner. Peter and Thea greeted everyone before they left. They arrived at Thea's place. They both got out the car.
- Thanks for coming - said Peter
- Thanks for inviting me as well - said Thea
After a pause that almost lasted a couple of seconds, Peter broke the silnce
- Thea....I actually made something for you - said Peter.
- What is it? - said Thea. Peter pulled out his custom necklace. It had a small puppy carving at the end, with her name, Thea engraved on it.
- I've been working on it for over a week now, and I just finished it yesterday for you - said Peter
- Thank you so much! It's wonderful - said Thea
- It's fine, it's nothing too special! - said Peter. She hugged him once again, but before she let go of him completely, she looked at him, they stared into eachothers eyes....and they kissed! For a few seconds, in what felt like minutes for them!
- I'll see you another time I guess - said Thea
- Yeah, no problem - said Peter. Thea had let go of him, and had gone into the building of her apartment.
- Hey Thea - said Joe, the guard on duty who was just leaving as it was the end of his shift.
- Hi Joe - replied Thea.
- Tell me, is that your new boyfriend? - said Joe in a joking manner towards Thea.
- Are you taking the morning shift? - asked Thea
- Yeah why? - replied Joe
- Then, I'll tell you tomorrow Joe, Goodnight - said Thea.
- Goodnight to you too - replied Joe.
Peter couldn't stop thinking about her on the way home. He knew what that kiss meant. He knew it. Thea knew it. They were falling in love...
(Thursday, 2 March, 13:24, San Diego, California)
It's been 4 days since he last saw Thea. She was busy studying, and he was busy working. He had also started to craft something for her, he was just working on it a few minutes ago. He wanted to see her again, as soon as possible. Fortunately for him, his wish got granted. He heard the shop door open, and looked up to see who it was.
- Hey! How have you been? - said Thea
- I've been good, and you? - said Peter
- Never better - said Thea, as they hugged - need your help with something I want to buy - said Thea
- Sure no problem - said Peter
- I'm actually looking for a stationery holder of some sorts. It would kind of make it easier for me to put all my pens in a single container - said Thea. It was something quite basic, and perhaps out of the ordinary.
- Something like this? - said Peter
- Perfect, Thanks - said Thea. She paid for it, while Peter asked her a question.
- What are you doing tomorrow night? - asked Peter
- Nothing yet - said Thea
- My brother is having a dinner with myself and my cousin as well at my his place. They both are bringing their wives. I was wondering if you would like to come along, just to meet them and to spend the night with us - said Peter
- What time? - said Thea
- Around 18:30 - said Peter
- No problem! Thanks! See you tomorrow! - said Thea, as she left. Peter was fairly excited about it. A chance for her to meet his family was great, and a tiny little feelibg was creeping back up in the back of his mind. He was starting to fall in love again.
(29 February, 12:13, San Diego, California)
Peter wore a plain black t-shirt, with denim jeans, nothing out of the ordinary, very casual dress code. He arrived at Ramsay's, and looked around to find where Thea was sitting. He saw her sitting in the corner, sipping on a glass of water. She spotted him and waved to him. He smiled and walked over. She looked beautiful, with her hair being tied up in a pony tail today. She too was wearing quite a casual outfit. He immediately noticed she wasn't wearing any glasses.
- Hey how are you? - she asked as he sat down
- I'm fine, really good, no glasses? - he asked
- Contact lenses - she replied
- Good Afternoon - asked the waitress
- How you doing today Sandy? - asked Peter
- Good, thank you, what would you guys be having today? - asked Sandy
- I'll just have a toasted cheese, and please just another cup of tea - said Thea
- I'll have the beef burger with a bottle of water - said Peter
The two started talking while they were waiting for their food.
- Is the cut feeling any better? - asked Thea
- Uhh, yeah, alot better - said Peter
- So what do you do, for a living? Are you studying? - asked Thea
- I studied Physiotherapy, but now I just work at my friend Jason's carpenter shop - said Peter - I used to be in the army with my brother -
- Why did you guys leave? - asked Thea
- We wanted a normal life, I wasn't enjoying my time there, he didn't want to be away from his wife and child for long periods of time - replied Peter - What are you currently doing? -
- I'm studying Nuclear Physics at the moment, I want to specialise in that field - said Thea
- That's phenomenal, what year? - inquired Peter
- I'm in the first year of my Master's degree - said Thea. The food had come, both had eaten. While they were eating, they laughed, and made more conversation, and got to bond.
- Thank you really for coming along, you made my day - said Thea
- Actually you invited me, so I should be thanking you - said Peter
- Listen, where is your workshop? I actually might want to come and buy something tomorrow - said Thea
- Here - said Peter, as he pulled out a small card of "Jason's Woodwork Deco", with the address and contact numbers.
- Thanks for that - she said, as she hugged him - Bye! - Peter waved at her as she walked away. He had a great time today, he felt that maybe he they were building a relationship now. He quite liked the prospect of it.
Zilla Jr knew he would heal from his wounds on the way, but it wasn't exactly the best of logic. Yet he still didn't want to let Amblygon get too far ahead of him.Godzilla knew what he had to do, he had to start following Zilla Jr. Zilla Jr is a strong kaiju who is more than capable of handling himself. Godzilla knows this, having seen it himself when he had taken on 2 large Zillas by himself many millions of years ag, but Zilla Jr isn't as experienced as Godzilla in combat situations, and his current anger and rage will cloud his better judgement.
Godzilla had to start following Zilla Jr. Aurora was still badly hurt, and Godzilla thought he should stay with her for a little longer before following Zilla Jr. Amblygon himself had also fought Zilla Jr too arrogantly. He knew he couldn't afford to underestimate him again. Atleast he knew what he up against now, and needed to continue moving away from Zilla Jr as fast as possible. He knew he would be caught up to anyway, but he would prefer it atleast after he make landfall and his wounds to be healed properly.
(29 February, 09:42 AM, San Diego, California)
Peter heard someone knocking on the door. He opened it to see Oliver standing there.
- Hey - said Oliver - I'm sorry about last night, I overreacted - said Oliver apologetically
- It's OK, don't worry about it - said Peter
- Can I come in? - asked Oliver
- You're still my brother, you don't need to ask that - said Peter
- What are you doing today? - asked Oliver
- I'm going to meet Thea for lunch actually - said Peter
- Oh OK, that's fine, just asking - said Oliver. Peter could tell Oliver was feeling quite bad with the way he acted last night. He knew he overreacted and wanted to apologise. He was shot twice in the gut 3 years ago due to trying to stop a robbery. His vital organs were missed by centimeters, and that's why he was on edge last night. Peter doesn't blame him, his older brother has always looked out for him, wherever they were. Oliver already had breakfast, and needed to get to work.
- I'll see you later man - said Oliver as he left. Peter had just about 2 and a half hours to get ready before his lunch with Thea. He couldn't wait, but he was still a little anxious about it. He just hopes to be himself and that everything goes well.
(Meanwhile, under the Pacific Ocean)
Amblygon starts moving towards the direction of another being with him, one that is slightly larger. Zilla Jr realises that he too is closing in on the beast. They both see eachother from afar as they are swim in eachother's direction. They both surface above the water. They both speed up.
When they collide, they are almost at a stalemate. It felt like the impact of the collision was felt for miles.
Both of them start wrestling trying to get the upper hand in the tussle for strength. Zilla Jr bites Amblygon's arm. Amblygon bellows out in pain. He manages to jam his elbow into Zilla Jr's ribcage, who releases his grip, but before Amblygon could give himself some space and move away, he is immediately hit by a tail whip to his stomach. He kneels down in tremendous pain, and Zilla Jr clubs him with both of his hands on the back.
Amblygon gets up and sprays his acidic breath at Zilla Jr. Zilla Jr moved out of the way but it was just a ploy, to get Zilla Jr to look away. As Zilla Jr turns around, he is whacked straight in the face. It stunned him, for the first time he actually felt the power of Amblygon, he still manages to shake it off. He knew what he had to do next. Amblygon noticed Zilla Jr's spines were starting to glow, and tried to move out of the way. Zilla Jr never fired his beam, and instead used a very similar tactic to the one Amblygon used earlier. Zilla Jr darted forward and punched Amblygon directly in the face. Zilla Jr decided to fire his breath now, while Amblygon was dazed. It hit Amblygon on his right arm and burnt a portion of his torso.
As Zilla Jr tries to go in for the kill, Amblygon turned around, and landed a quick punch to Zilla Jr's face, sending him back. Amblygon then wildly sprayed as much of his acidic breath in Zilla Jr's direction, before swimming away as fast as he could in retreat. Zilla Jr couldn't pursue, with that last acidic breath burning nearly his entire left ribcage area, and half of his left leg. He had to wait for a little longer before he could pursue with full pace. Amblygon was burnt too, and those wounds would slow him down as well. Instead of 2 weeks, it could take slightly longer for both of them to make landfall in San Diego. Zilla Jr decided to rest shortly, and then immediately chase after Amblygon in pursuit. He knew the next time he came across Amblygon, he wouldn't make any mistakes in finishing him off, or so he thought.
Amblygon wondered what that purple glow coming from Aurora's scutes were. Her eyes eventually flashed with purple light, then she fired a violet ray at Amblygon. It hits Amblygon on his left arm and a half of his chest. He immediately screeches out in pain, the skin where the ray hit is burnt and shredded, nearly unrecognisable. He had moved at the last minute, it just skimmed him, because if it hit him directly in the stomach, it would've done alot more damage. He screeches at her. Zilla Jr's have the ability to focus their normal fiery breath into a more concentrated beam which works underwater, but in doing so, they put more strain on their body. Aurora put nearly everything she had in that blast, using it again could cause her to pass out, she couldn't afford that. She bellows out to Zilla Jr calling him for help, as she has no other option because she is outmatched by Amblygon in strength and size. Amblygon recognises her bellow as a distress call and realises he has to take her out quickly. He quickly swims over, Aurora, using her superior speed and agility, manages to dodge a few of Amblygon's punches.
He manages grabs a hold of her leg, and hits it hard, breaking it. As she roars out In pain, he hit her several times in the abdomen, and face, leaving several deep cuts and lacerations, not to mention 3 broken ribs and a broken leg. Before he can land the final blow, he senses a large presence coming towards them, and swims away as fast as he can. Zilla Jr arrives at the scene just under a minute after Amblygon fleed. He sees Aurora lying almost lifeless on the floor, but he is relieved to see that she is still alive. He heads over to the nest. He sees only 1 egg had survived the ordeal, but then he sees another kaiju coming towards them. It's large, very large, but it's not the beast that did this. He realises that it's Godzilla approaching. Godzilla too heard the distress signal of Aurora. Godzilla tries to reason with Zilla Jr, he told him that chasing the beast isn't the way to go about things, if the attack on Aurora is anything to go by, the beast is more than capable of not just competing with but actually beating Zilla Jr. Zilla Jr refuses to listen to anything Godzilla is telling him, and starts heading out for Amblygon. Godzilla decide its fairly hopeless to pursue. Zilla Jr is faster in water, and has superior stamina and endurance. Zilla Jr roars out as loud as he can to Amblygon, calling him out, challenging him. Amblygon hears this bellow, and accepts the challenge. By the time the monster reaches him, he would be rested and ready.......
*Meanwhile back at Peter's place*
- From the beginning - said Oliver
Peter went to the couch next to them and sat down - So I went to the counter to get some water, as I got there I saw a girl, she was sitting with her sister who left shortly afterwards. Some other idiot went up to her and then he tried convincing her to go home with him. She denied politely, but he didn't stop - said Peter
- And that's when you confronted him and got into the fight - said Jonathan, Peter nodded.
- And then how did you get here? - asked Oliver
- The girl, her name is Thea, she offered to take me back home and thanked me for what I did - said Peter
- You did the right thing Peter, but really, that man could have had a gun, or a knife or something that he could've seriously hurt you with! - said Oliver frustrated
- So what I was just supposed to let him harass her some more! - screamed Peter to Oliver
- No, what I'm saying is that there could've been another way around this instead of brawling, I'm not gonna let what happened to me happen to you! - screamed Oliver back even louder
- Enough! - screamed Jonathan - Oliver, Go! You're not going to help by screaming! - said John. Oliver walked off without saying anything. Peter got up, and stepped outside onto the balcony. John followed Peter onto the balcony.
- Don't mind him Peter - says John - He cares about you, he is your older brother after all - Peter doesnt say anything and just silently agrees.
- Peter, are you alright? - asked John out of concern - Do you still think about her? - Peter nodded
- Listen, it's been a year now, I'm not saying you must forget Kate, but keeping her in mind all the time might stop you from building another relationship - said John - Are you going to see Thea again? - asked John
- She asked me to join her for lunch tomorrow - replied Peter
- Go tomorrow, and just be yourself, enjoy yourself- said Jonathan - Goodnight Peter - said Jonathan as he left the balcony to go to his room to sleep. Peter doesn't move, he just stands on the balcony, looking into the city. The only thing on his mind now, is Thea. He couldn't wait to see her again.As they were driving back to where Peter's apartment, Thea decided to ask some of her own questions.
- Who were the 2 other guys with you and your brother? - she asked
- One is my cousin, and the other is just one of my friends - replied Peter
- Do you have any pets? - asked Thea
- My brother actually has a cat, an Orange Tabby, his name is Mickey - said Peter
- I love cats as well...why don't you have one? - asked Thea
- Living in an apartment, it's a bit of a problem - said Peter
- I see... is this the place? - asked Thea as she pulled up on the side of the road
- Yeah - said Peter
- Thank you Peter, for what you did back there - said Thea.
- Thank you too, for the ride - said Peter as he got out the car. He smiled and waved back at her, as started walking to the building, but he heard her call out from behind him.
- Wait! - Thea called out. She got off the car and started to almost run over to him - Tomorrow afternoon, I will be back at Ramsey's for lunch, 12:30, you can come by if you want - Thea said to Peter
- Yes, I would love to - said Peter
- Great! - said Thea happily, she then hugged Peter, and gave him a kiss on his good cheek - See you tomorrow! - she yelled out as she was walking back to the car. Peter didn't know how to respond to this, it's been a long time since he was kissed, even if it was on the cheek. He walked back into apartment and found Oliver and John sitting on the couch waiting for him.
- I think you owe us an explanation Mister - said Jonathan
(Meanwhile, under the Pacific Ocean)
Amblygon is simply wondering around at the bottom of the ocean. He isn't necessarily hungry, but he sees a school of fish, and decides to have them as a snack. After he is done with them, he lies down just to rest for a little while. There is a large ship directly above him, doesn't notice it at first. It's slightly towards the right of him, and he struggled to see through that eye due to the harpoon that was fired into it. It for some reason, starts to drop the anchor. Unfortunately, Amblygon doesnt see it coming, and it lands on his eye, piercing it and damaging it so badly that he is now completely blind in his right eye. He screeches out in pain and rips the anchor out of his eye. He looks up to the source of it and heads to the ship. He swims straight up into the boat, ploughing it and breaking it in half. Amblygon then sprays his acidic breath on one half of the ship, melting it in seconds. He batters the other half of the ship until it is literally in pieces. He had grown tired of humanity, having persevered with them for over 60 years, and now they have made him really, really angry. The nearest place to make landfall is San Diego, California, but it is still going to take him 2 weeks to reach there. As he is travelling underwater, he sees another figure, similar to his size, but very different in looks. Its Zilla Jr's mate, Aurora, she was taking care of her eggs, but now covers them up as she sees him starting to approach her. Amblygon roars out to her, telling her to get out of his way. She refuses, simply requesting him to swim around her. She didn't want to expose her eggs to this monster she had never seen before. As she turns her back to him, he swims into her full force, breaking one of her scutes, and crushing all but one of her eggs. She pushes him away, and she roars at him. Amblygon roars back at her, but then notices, her scutes are beginning to emit a violet glow....
Peter walked for barely 30 meters, coming to a small park area. He stood there just to be a little away from the traffic to clear his mind.
- Hey! - he heard a woman shout from behind him. He turned around to see the lady who was confronted by the man.
- Are you okay??? You have a cu...- she was interrupted by Peter
- Don't worry about it, it's nothing -
- Listen, you really didn't have to do that back there, do you need anything? - said the girl - Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, Thea -
- Peter - he replied
- Do you need anything right now? - asked Thea -
- Nothing, thanks - replied Peter
- Not even a little company, standing here by yourself is quite lonely...come on - she said, as she pointed to a bench, to which she proceeded to sit down on. Peter decided there wasn't any harm in it, and sat down as well.
- Thank you so much for what you did back there! You really don't understand how much it means to me! - said Thea, as she made eye contact.
- What did he ask you? - inquired Peter
- He wanted to take me back to his place, and... I think you know the rest - said Thea. She looked at Peter, took out a hankerchief and wiping off the blood on his left cheek, that had been rolling down from his cut. Peter didn't know how to respond to this random act of kindness. He noticed that she was perhaps a bit chilly, and took off his jacket and gave it to her.
- No, no, I'm fine - she said she was fine, but Peter insisted, and she obliged.
- Who was the other lady with you? - Peter asked
- That's my sister, Sarah - Thea replied
- Why did she leave you alone? - asked Peter
- She needed to go home, she didn't want to leave her child alone for too long, since her husband has gone to New York for a while on work - replied Thea
- And you, boyfriend? - Peter asked
- Not anymore - replied Thea
- Why not? - Peter thought that maybe he was asking too much of her, but she didn't mind and replied
- It's a long story - Thea replied. Peter thought he already asked enough of her, and decided to not ask anymore questions.
- Can I give you a ride home? - inquired Thea - I heard your brother yelling at you to find your own way home -
- How did you know he is my brother? - said Peter surprised
- Well, you two do look alot alike - she replied - Not many people would have done what you did back there, the least I could do is give you a ride back home - Peter decided he should go with her. She was simply trying to be polite, and she didn't mind him all. They both started walking back to her car, which was parked nearby.
(28 February 2016, San Diego, California)
- Ehey! Peter! Oliver! - screams Jonathan from afar - God, it's been 9 months but it always feels like years -
- Always a pleasure seeing you man! - says Ollie
- Hey Jess' - says Pete to John's wife, Jessica, hugging her
- Hi Peter - replies Jessica
Peter then greets and hugs John. All four of them have their own little conversations until they get to the car. Jessica is now 4 months pregnant with her and John's first child. Peter and Oliver drive them to Peter's apartment where they will be staying. Jessica stays behind to rest, but John, seemingly unaffected by the jetlag, is ever eager to spend time with his cousins. On the way back, they phone Jason to see if he is ready to be picked up for dinner.
- Hello - answers Jason
- Hey you ready? - says Oliver
- Yeah, come around - replies Jason
*Jason gets in car*
- Oh damn Mr England is here! - screams Jason
- Good to see you again Jason - says Jonathan
*at the restaurant some time later*
*Everybody at the table laughs*
- Why is it everytime I say something, yoll always gotta bring up something about baby oil on my forehead? - mumbles Jason
- Because it's true! - says Oliver
- Well, can't argue with that! - says Jason
- If you don't mind, can we leave in a little bit, can't leave the Mrs alone for too long- says Jonathan. Everyone nods in agreement.
- I'm just gonna head over to the counter, get something to drink - says Peter
Peter requests for another bottle of water. He doesn't like to drink alot of beer. Ramsey's is one of his favourite places to come. It's like a mixture of a pub and a restaurant. Some days he comes here for breakfast, but more than often might come here for some lunch or dinner. He has known the owner since childhood, she used to live in the same neighbourhood. As he sits by the counter, seemingly thoughtless and empty, he notices 3 or 4 seats away from him is a beautiful girl. She had pale skin, was wearing glasses, and fairly short hair that stopped just above her shoulders. She is sitting with someone who does look a bit older than her, perhaps her friend or sister. They lock eyes with eachother for a couple of seconds, nothing more than a glance, but she cracks a smile.
It's not that busy tonight, only the girls and another guy sitting at the other side of the place. The girl's sister/friend gets up, gives her a hug and then leaves, however she doesn't. He doesn't make too much of this, however just as he gets up and is just about to start walking back to his table, he notices the other man, who was sitting somewhere else, get up and walk over to her. Peter notices that he tries talking her up to something. She kindly declines but he keeps persisting. He simply doesn't want to stop. Peter decides whether or not to go over, but his instinct simply makes him do it immediately.
- Hey - Peter screams out
- You got a problem? - says the man as he is turning around.
- Yeah, why don't you leave her alone? -
- Listen bud, this has got nothing to do with you -
- If she says no, she means no, deal with it! - says Peter sternly
- How about you just move on before something happens that you really don't want to happen? - says the man, as he stares at Peter. Peter notices this guy is extremely cocky, and arrogant. He looks and acts like he owns the place.
- Not until you leave her alone - says Peter
The man looked like he was about to turn around with a smirk on his face but then immediately turns around to try and punch Peter in the face. Peter was expected that and managed to duck and punch the man in the gut. The two starting brawling in the place, both landing some hits on eachother. Oliver and the others run over as soon as possible to try and stop the fight. Oliver pulled the man away from Peter, held him up, looked at him dead in the eye and said
- You better get out of here before I make you, you understand! -
The man was off for worse. His left eye was heavily bruised, had several cuts on his face and he was limping away, holding his right hand. Peter had come away with the upper hand but not unscathed, he had a fair-sized cut just under his right eye.
- Dammit, are you alright? What the hell was that all about? - said Oliver to Peter
Peter wasn't in the mood for any conversation, and walked out of the restaurant.
- You better find your own way home! - screamed Oliver as Peter walked out of Ramsey's
- Leave him, we can sort him out later, he is smart enough to find his own way home - said Jonathan, as Oliver went to go pay the bill and then leave with John and Jason.
"I must become someone else. I must become...something else!"
Posted Oct-26-2016 3:33 PM
GODZILLA316 - This was a very engaging and interesting chapter! I very much enjoy how you have chosen to present your dialogues and character interactions! Excellent work! Thank you ever so much for taking the time to create this and share it with us! :)
Sign in to add a reply to this topic!