Say your Godzilla hot takes. Here are some of mine. Keep in mind some of mine might not be hot takes to other people:
1. The Ghidorah 1964 movie turned Godzilla and Rodan into childish babies both in appearance and behavior
2. The main character from Ebirah is one of the worst written characters in the series
3. Hedorah is as pretentious as Taylor Swift’s “Style” music video
4. Godzilla 1984 and Tokyo SOS are great movies with great characters.
5. Godzilla 2014 is a good movie that’s better than KOTM.
6. Kong deserves to win Godzilla vs Kong.
7. Legendary Godzilla is a spoiled brat that needs to be knocked down a peg by Kong.
8. Every single dub in the franchise is bad
9. Anime Ghidorah is the best Ghidorah design
10. Godzilla 2000’s characters are bland, generic, and/or poorly acted.
Angering the Godzilla fan base one take at a time
G. H. (Gman) I'm not a big gamer, but it seems to me that the one thing everybody really liked about the latest game were the models, because you see them almost everywhere in fan animations these days.
A true fan can acknowledge the bad while still appreciating and cherishing the good.
G. H. (Gman) I enjoyed it for what it was a pure and simple Godzilla Simulator
Look upon my works, you mighty, and despair
G. H. (Gman) #TeamGhidorah
I don't mind it myself, but I'm not going to attempt to convince anyone it's a great game.
"It wouldn't be a true Godzilla film if you didn't touch upon those things. Anyone who thinks otherwise is not a true Godzilla fan." - Mike Dougherty, fellow gatekeeper-elitist ;)
Godzilla 2014 is not a good film and kotm is better and a big improvement.
The characters story and dialogue in kotm are not terrible as everyone is making it out to be except for Sam Colmen he sucks.
Ford Brody in 2014 is the worst human character in the entire franchise.
I hate when certain you tubers say they are massive Godzilla fans but don’t know anything about franchise at all.
I don’t think shin Godzilla is a masterpiece as everyone says it is I thought the characters were all one dimensional there is way too many scenes with the human characters are in rooms having meetings and discussions and not enough scenes with people caught up in the destruction compared to the original Gojira film and I feel like 2 hours is way to long for this film.
The anime trilogy is the biggest disappointment and a huge missed opportunity.
When are we ever going to get a new AAA Godzilla and not another crappy mobile game.
Mike saegusa in the last two Heisei films is annoying.
Allot of people seems to not understand Emma russels character more then I do.
Cutting away from the monster fights is nothing new to franchise.
Sign in to add a reply to this topic!