Godzilla 2014 Sequel - Godzilla King of the Monsters - Film by

Godzilla 2 King of the Monsters releases in:

Godzilla Displays New Powers in Planet of the Monsters Special Preview

Godzilla Displays New Powers in Planet of the Monsters Special Preview

Although the fairly limited box office run of Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters is coming to a fairly disappointing end, its reign on Netflix has yet to begin. Likely in anticipation for it, Toho Animation and Polygon have released a special character preview for the film showcasing the various players and new footage of Godzilla. Take a look:

Thanks to Ben Chaffins on Twitter for notifying us.

Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters
stars the voice talents of Mamoru Miyano (Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Ultraman Zero: The Movie), Takahiro Sakurai (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans), Kana Hanazawa (.hack//Quantum), Yuki Kaji (Attack on Titan), Tomokazu Sugita (Attack on Titan), Junichi Suwabe (Space Dandy), Kenta Miyake (Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn), Kenyu Horiuchi (Bleach, One Piece), Kazuhiro Yamaji (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children) and Kazuya Nakai (Dragon Ball Super). The film is directed by Kobun Shizuno (Detective Conan: The Darkest Nightmare) & Hiroyuki Seshita (Knights of Sidonia) from a screenplay by Gen Urobuchi (Kamen Rider Gaim).

The movie is currently wrapping up its run in Japanese theaters and will hit Netflix worldwide sometime in 2018.

The sequel, currently translated as Godzilla: Decisive Battle, Mobile Breeder City, hits Japanese theaters May, 2018.
Sources:
Toho Animation Official Youtube

Godzilla fas looking to discover more about the Godzilla sequel King of the Monsters are encouraged to join in the Godzilla Movies forum - a dedicated community of Godzilla movie and Monsterverse fans.

Stay up to date with the latest news on Godzilla 2 King of the Monsters by liking Scified on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Godzilla blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

More Godzilla Movies Articles

13 Fan responses to Godzilla Displays New Powers in Planet of the Monsters Special Preview

Dec-19-2017 6:09 PM

I would have made an editorial myself for this trailer, but the last time I tried it didn't work. Which is why I made a discussion post for the trailer. Oh well. What's done is done. Anyways, I'm intrigued by Godzilla's new powers. I can't wait for the anime to come to Netflix.

The Bootleg Rebellious

Dec-19-2017 7:13 PM

Interesting.

Danzilla93

Dec-19-2017 8:27 PM

On a similar note, NHK World did a half hour special on the film that has found its way to YouTube.  I'd post it as an editorial, but I currently have no internet in my apartment, so formatting a banner and typing out a full article is sadly not an option for me right now. :(

So, here is be:

The Bootleg Rebellious

Dec-19-2017 8:30 PM

^^

Huh, interesting, still waiting for the dub tho.

Sci-Fi King25

Dec-20-2017 4:30 AM

I think there are two Godzillas. Look at 0:45. There’s a beam that looks like the Atomic Breath coming from somewhere offscreen, but you can see Godzilla in the background.

Dec-20-2017 5:50 AM

^it is believed to be coming from Godzilla's tail like in Shin. That's what I heard. Don't hold me against it though.

I want to know what the "invisible ray" coming from Godzilla's mouth is. What is the story with that?

Dec-20-2017 6:43 AM

@Sci-Fi King25, It could be Godzilla Jr. This is a Planet of the Monsters after all. If you look at 1:03, you can see Godzilla is missing the chin spikes. But is you look at the beginning and end of the trailer, he has them. there are likely 2 Godzillas.

@riggzamortis86, I think that invisible ray is an EMP. This incarnation is supposed to emit EMPs like the Muto, so it could a directed attack. Whatever it is, it's pretty cool.

Dec-20-2017 7:10 AM

^Oh. thanks for the info.

I never noticed the chin spikes. you may be on to something, but I heard about the tail power a while back.

Huge-Ben

Dec-20-2017 10:40 AM

I hate to be a ball-buster here but, there's only 1 confirmed Godzilla in this anime. He starts off at 50 meters tall and grows to 300 meters. 984 feet to be exact. This Godzilla does have a tail beam attack just a little bit different than Shin Godzilla. The Japanese I've talked to all confirm this but have not told me about the story. I'd like to keep it that way to be honest.

This is all the information I contain at my disposal. Spoilers I guess. Don't worry, more to come soon.

Danzilla93

Dec-20-2017 10:57 AM

^ Sorry man, but that's not the case.

I will not spoil the movie here, but I will say that the 50 meter Godzilla that caused humanity to flee the Earth and the 300 meter Godzilla (referred to as "Godzilla Earth") are the same creature.

In regards to the "second Godzilla" thing, I know what's going on and whether it's true or not, and I'll only spoil it if you guys want me to.

Dec-20-2017 11:27 AM

^I know what is going on too and, whether it is true or not, have chosen to remain quiet out of respect for others who do not want spoilers.

Danzilla93

Dec-20-2017 11:42 AM

^Good on ya, man. :) That's the way to go.

I certainly don't intend to spoil anything in a comments section; that's just plain inconsiderate.  If anyone is curious and doesn't care about spoilers, however, a PM is the way to go.

However, I'd urge you all to just wait to see the film.  The events that occur surrounding Godzilla and humanity after the latter' return to Earth is best enjoyed not knowing what is going to happen.  But that's just my two cents.

RR44

Dec-23-2017 8:14 PM

Whoa.. that last blast.. was off the chain insane. I look forward to seeing the whole thing.

Password

or Create an Account

Choose Your Team!

Team Godzilla
Team Ghidorah
Team Mothra
Team Rodan

Welcome to the Godzilla Movies fan website & forum! Don't be a lurker, consider joining our community of like-minded Godzilla fans. By signing up you can comment on news articles, start your own forum topics, upload images and even win cool prizes!

Latest Fandom Activity

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster . Providing the latest official and accurate information on , this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for 's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

Your account has not yet been verified. Please check your email for the verification link to begin posting.

Please review our rules before sharing content

Use Your E-Mail: