Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) Movie

Godzilla 2 Movie

Godzilla: King of the Monsters arrives in:

Godzilla 2 Movie Poster

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (Godzilla 2) is the upcoming sequel to Legendary Pictures' and Warner Bros. Pictures' Godzilla (2014) movie. Directed by Michael Dougherty, Godzilla: King of the Monsters will see the introduction of other Toho monsters Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah. All three superspecies will vie for dominance of Earth and Godzilla will rise again to restore nature's balance.

Godzilla's Design Updated for the Sequel?

Godzilla's Design Updated for the Sequel?

Godzilla: King of the Monsters director Michael Dougherty has been fairly open to fans on Twitter. Many announcements have come straight from him and now he's insinuated a detail about the movie concerning Godzilla's design.

When asked if Godzilla's 2014 look may be tweaked or "redesigned" for the sequel, Dougherty's only response was, "He is evolution in the flesh, so..."

To be absolutely clear, this is not iron-clad confirmation that Godzilla will look too different, and obviously Dougherty wouldn't clarify, but on a creative level it makes sense. The team tackling Godzilla: King of the Monsters is not the same group of filmmakers that took on Godzilla '14. Additionally, it will have been five (long) years since the events of 2014. Changes to Godzilla may have happened in-universe anyway.

The idea also makes sense considering the creative team brought on board. Tom Woodruff Jr. is being credited as a creature designer on the film and if practical effects play a part in the film's visuals, it's likely Godzilla's design might be adjusted to accommodate those techniques.

However, as Dead Central's Johnathan Barkan puts it, fans are merely, "reading between the lines," speculating just what Dougherty means by, "evolution in the flesh." It's entirely likely the 2014 design will return with minor adjustments, but it's also possible Dougherty wants a look that fits his vision. Superhero costumes tend to differ from film-to-film depending on what filmmaker is in charge. Furthermore, Godzilla has gone through dozens of design changes throughout his 63 year career--A new look would be in-line with the rest of the franchise. Time will tell what the outcome is.

Do you want adjustments made to the 2014 Godzilla? If so what changes would you like to see made? Would you prefer a full redesign? Sound of in the comments below.
Source:
Michael Dougherty's Official Twitter
Dead Central

Godzilla fas looking to discover more about the Godzilla sequel King of the Monsters are encouraged to join in the Godzilla Movies forum - a dedicated community of Godzilla movie and Monsterverse fans.

Stay up to date with the latest news on Godzilla 2 King of the Monsters by liking Scified on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our Godzilla blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

More Godzilla Movies Articles

15 Fan responses to Godzilla's Design Updated for the Sequel?

Dragon King Ultrazero80

Jun-02-2017 8:06 PM

I hope they don't change him to much.

Draegar: The Hooded Figure

Jun-02-2017 8:10 PM

I wouldn't mind any minor changes, but nothing major.

I mean, Godzilla has always gone through different designs throughout his years in movies even when it's the same Godzilla; one perfect example being the Showa Godzilla, so it would seem fitting to do a different design for the Legendary Godzilla.

For what I would like to have changed would be to have his body not decrease in height, but tone down his size more and put some battle scars on him.

KaijuFall3

Jun-02-2017 8:25 PM

I would like some larger spines and maybe some different coloration and of course battle scars

Chris

Jun-02-2017 8:49 PM

Tbh slight changes okay, but overall I don't want the design to change too much. Make the spikes a bit bigger, the tail a bit longer, make him look aged but I don't want a dramatically different look imo.

Jun-02-2017 9:21 PM

I'll be happy if they at least make his eyes and teeth bigger. They were too small in the 2014 design.

TheGMan123

Jun-03-2017 4:10 AM

Given how he's still in the same overall shape in the after-credits scene in Kong: Skull Island, I'd say that it's at least a given that his overall design will remain the same.

Maybe Heisei Godzilla is a better example, as the core design never changed, merely slightly altered in little details.

Crimson Black

Jun-03-2017 6:14 AM

It's probably fine for me as long as it's minor. The change in Godzilla's design by the movies seems like tradition. Though if they did I'd love to see battle scars, just not too major, I guess. And bigger, bone-white spines. Also, a longer tail, I love it when monsters have long tails at times, the way it follows the destruction that's happening, just not too "move-y" like in Shin, that one seemed to have a mind of its own. Of course, lots if not all, want to see a more powerful version of the atomic breath, I'd like mine white.

I don't know if that's minor or I'm asking too much hahahaha.

Kaiju-Man257

Jun-03-2017 6:31 AM

Slight changes are fine but nothing to drastic. Maybe he gets even bigger or his color changes a bit.

Vitas Thanos

Jun-03-2017 9:16 AM

They better not pull off a GINO

Kaiju Kong

Jun-03-2017 7:26 PM

I hope he doesn't mess it up.

RR44

Jun-04-2017 9:13 AM

bigger teeth. It would make him more ferocious. He looks too friendly in the 2014 movie IMO.

RR44

Jun-04-2017 9:20 AM

youtube.com/watch?v=nlVcOuRo-_M

My opinion.. best idea for 2014 version of G

JurassicNight

Jun-04-2017 10:18 AM

Tbh I'm fine with a design change, it's something that I look forward to. I feel they should keep Legendary G's basic design, but alter some features such as the spines, scales, etc.

TheTruthIsOutThere

Jun-22-2017 6:00 PM

You could say his fight with the MUTO really snapped him into shape

Join me in the crusade for the truth

Aug-01-2017 10:54 AM

I hope they change his feet for one thing. Give the monster some scary toes. The dorsal fins must be bigger! and the fire breath must get bigger bang out of that! and make him look thinner. just because he is in the USA doesn't mean he has to look like he has been eating here too!

I may be picky but in G14 he looked and moved pretty great, but the feet! fix that asap

Member
Orga01 started a new discussion: NEW GHIDORAH LEAKS???

Godzilla-Movies.com is an information resource for fans looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster . Providing the latest official and accurate information on , this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Godzilla Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Godzilla looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. and its associated names, logos and images are property of and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for 's release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.

Your account has not yet been verified. Please check your email for the verification link to begin posting.

Please review our rules before sharing content

Use Your E-Mail: