Final complaints about GvK2,861 Views6 RepliesAdd A Reply
Just some frustrations I have concerning about the release of this movie.
1. Copyright enforcement(self explanatory)
2. The release date. GvK is the biggest movie coming out next week, why a Wednesday? Friday would attract a bigger crowd of people for the big release. Also people would have more freetime to watch it on a streaming service.
3. General mindlessness of American Godzilla flims. (Not specific to Gvk)
4. Date confusion. Which was just a minor point on misinformation.
5. The over reliance on reputation. Last, but not least, I feel like from the trailers and TV spots, Gvk seems to rely heavily on the spectacule of two popular monsters fighting instead of giving a cohesive justification. Which ties back into point 3.
Note: I haven't seen the movie yet, so its likely that most of these things aren't a problem, however, this is not likely seeing as what KOTM was....
[Vent topics for the win]
In some instances large profile, tent pole movies (usually summer blockbusters) are released on Wednesdays.
If a studio believes it can maximize a movie's gross by utilizing a 5 day opening weekend, and there's a high demand for it, they will release it on Wednesday. And in some cases, to alleviate sellout pressure, Wednesday premieres allow the die-hard fans to get in fast while casual movie goers will wait for the weekend.
This was especially true for movies from the 1990s through mid-2000s. Movies like Independence Day, Spider-Man 2, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, The Dark Knight, etc. were all released on Wednesdays. Heck, The Lost World: Jurassic Park was even released on a Monday for a 7 day opening!
In the case of Godzilla vs. Kong, while it doesn't have a lot of hype following the box office failure of Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Forbes has confirmed WB is hyping it as a savior of the movie going experience. WB is opening more theaters for this movie alone. My guess is they're hoping people are starved enough for a theatrical experience that they'll flock to it. As a result, WB has given it a Wednesday release to (hopefully) capitalize on a 5 day release.
I think GvK is a really good movie, (i have not seen it yet) but after the quarintine and all of what is happening, we could not demmand more, BUT, one of the biggest problems of the movie is that the people who is watching the movie for cinemas, they record and uppload to youtube, this would not be bad if the tittle totally describes what happens.
IKR, I hate when people do that, I actually started a thread on here about that exact subject.
You know in a perfect society, I wish Cellphones and other devices would be confiscated before the start of the film then given back after the movie is over, so people can't do that.
People find a way...
Wait that’s not the quote is it....