Sign in with your E-Mail & Password
Godzilla Discussion Forums
New NECA Godzilla Figures Revealed!

New NECA Godzilla Figures Revealed!

Scified2020-02-22 07:05:28https://www.scified.com/articles/new-neca-godzilla-figures-revealed-7.png
21,147 Reads14 CommentsAdd A Comment

NECA has revealed two new Godzilla figures at Toy Fair 2020! The two figures are Godzilla 1989 from Godzilla vs. Biollante and Godzilla 2003 from Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.. Both figures feature box style packaging with poster artwork and are slated to release sometime during the second  quarter of 2020. Stay tuned to Scified for more updates from Toy Fair 2020!

With the upcoming release of Adam Wingard's Godzilla vs. Kong, now is a great time to pick your Titan and represent Godzilla or Kong! Check out some products below and click here for even more options!

Godzilla wins 2021 Shirt
Godzilla Hoodie
Kong Wins 2021 Shirt

This article was written By Jacob and published on 2020-02-22 07:05:28

Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) is the sequel to Michael Dougherty's Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters and will be the fourth and final installment in the Monsterverse movie quadrilogy. It will also bridge both the Godzilla movies and Kong: Skull Island by bringing Godzilla and Kong face-to-face for an epic match-up. To learn more about Godzilla vs. Kong, check out the Godzilla vs. Kong about page here!

Stay up to date with the latest news on Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) by liking us on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

Related Godzilla Movies Articles
14 Fan responses to New NECA Godzilla Figures Revealed!

Gomi: Ninja Monster

BaragonMember251 XPFeb-22-2020 7:22 AM

Looking great for the most part! Something about the way the tails are positioned isn't giving me the warm fuzzies about their articulation, but otherwise I'd say NECA is continuing to trend upwards with their figure quality.

JurassicKaiju14

TitanosaurusMember616 XPFeb-22-2020 8:05 AM

I'll pass. 1989 looks too fat to me (which is a shame, because 89 is one of my favorite Godzilla designs), and I'm quite happy with my S.H. MonsterArts Godzilla 2002.

Gomi: Ninja Monster

BaragonMember251 XPFeb-22-2020 8:21 AM

JurassicKaiju14: I've been looking at that, and I think it's just the pose and angle. This shot from Toyark's website looks more like what comes to mind when I think BioGoji.

Gomi: Ninja Monster

BaragonMember251 XPFeb-22-2020 8:25 AM

If they closed his mouth and tilted the head up I think it would look much better. But either way I think this is another MosuGoji case, where the in-hand photos paint an entirely different picture from the leaks and promo images.

Gmkgoji

RodanMember1789 XPFeb-22-2020 3:21 PM

I REALLY want that kiryugoji figure now.

macumbalove

BaragonMember125 XPFeb-22-2020 4:38 PM

Goji '89 lookin' good!

dk

GodzillaMember8212 XPFeb-22-2020 11:19 PM

It looks good detail wise but seems fat.

Gomi: Ninja Monster

BaragonMember251 XPFeb-23-2020 6:46 AM

Like I said, I really don't think it is:
b=

JurassicKaiju14

TitanosaurusMember616 XPFeb-23-2020 11:17 AM

I dunno, I still feel like the onscreen version looks less pudgy. I can't quite put my finger on it...

GiganAdmin4169 XPFeb-23-2020 6:02 PM

Diggin' these. The NECA figures have a been a great alternative to Monsterarts for those of us unwilling to take out a second mortgage. I like that the line is primarily dedicated to just Godzilla designs. They're absolutely not perfect, (except for the '62 figure) but you can clearly tell which versions they represent. I for one think the '89 figure is a much better representation of the suit than their '94 figure. Looking forward to grabbing these.

Gomi: Ninja Monster

BaragonMember251 XPFeb-23-2020 8:10 PM

G. H. (Gman): Really? Don't get me wrong, I love getting lots of different Godzillas, but it's driving me nuts that they won't branch out into other TOHO kaiju. I can only put so many Godzilla figures on my shelf before the lack of variety gets to me. I'd kill for an articulated Titanosaurus or Anguirus of this quality and price range, but the likelihood of that is sadly extremely low.

GiganAdmin4169 XPFeb-23-2020 10:30 PM

Gomi: Ninja Monster,
They don't have the rights to other monsters (apart from what they put out from King of the Monsters.)

Which I'm fine with. I love having a long line of Godzillas on my shelf evolving from the original to the present and I hope we get even more. This has never really happened before and I'm glad there's at least one line with this kind of dedication to it.

There's plenty of other lines with other monsters, taking away from the possibility of other Godzilla designs. So I'm more than content with this--In fact I'm grateful it's happening.

Gomi: Ninja Monster

BaragonMember251 XPFeb-24-2020 6:09 AM

G. H. (Gman): Actually they do supposedly have the rights to every iteration of Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah, but good luck ever seeing them make any of those. "Not popular enough" my foot.

True, and I am very grateful that there's and affordable line of well-articulated, fairly accurate Godzilla figures in the first place, that's a childhood dream come true.

The problem is that there aren't other lines of this caliber. Aside from SHMA, the only representation for the majority of my favorite kaiju are either immobile statues or barely poseable vinyl figures. NECA is pretty much my only avenue for the type of figures I like, and them refusing to branch out, especially after we got a taste of what that could be like with KOTM, is what frustrates me.

GiganAdmin4169 XPFeb-24-2020 12:26 PM

Gomi: Ninja Monster,
It just doesn't bother me at all. I prefer an all Godzilla line of this caliber and am grateful for it. If I want Titanosaurus or King Ghidorah, I'll just look for another line to grab'em.

Enter Your E-Mail

94% To Next Rank
Baragon
KaijuFan_6754
KaijuFan_6754
69% To Next Rank
Baragon
Godzilla vs. Covid-19 Shirt!
Godzilla vs. Kong Sweater