Sign in with your E-Mail & Password
Godzilla Discussion Forums
Singular Point Godzilla March Leaked?

Singular Point Godzilla March Leaked?

Scified2021-05-19 19:39:09https://www.scified.com/articles/singular-point-godzilla-march-leaked-10.jpg
3,600 Reads22 CommentsAdd A Comment

Although the "fanfare" portion of the late Akira Ifukube's Godzilla Theme has made numerous appearances in the first eight episodes of Godzilla Singular Point, his famous march has yet to make its debut. Supposedly recorded before the Japan-only Youtube premiere of Singular Point, a clip of Godzilla's March has been making its rounds online. You can listen below:

Though it has not been confirmed that this piece is from Singular Point, the music matches rumors of the rendition including chanting.

Godzilla's March by Akira Ifukube was first heard in the main titles for the original 1954 film. It has since been used to underscore Godzilla in ten other films, including stock music in Shin Godzilla and a rendition by Bear McCreary for Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Ifukube's march is considered so iconic it was also heard in non-Godzilla films, including Always: Sunset on Third Street 2 and Ready Player One.

The latest version of Ifukube's march comes from series composer Kan Sawada. Sawada's score for Godzilla Singular Point is expected to be released July 21st, 2021.

Godzilla Singular Point will hit Netflix in North America, and the rest of the world, on Thursday, June 24th. It's currently airing in Japan on broadcast television and Netlfix.

In the year 2030, Yun Arikawa of the Otaki Factory, and grad student Mei Kamino, investigate mysterious signals that open up a new world of monsters.
Their alternate paths of research lead them to a mysterious substance founded by a missing scientist which could be the answer to, "the hopeless future" personified as Godzilla.
Sources:
VGMdb.net - Godzilla Singular Point Soundtrack Information

With the upcoming release of Adam Wingard's Godzilla vs. Kong, now is a great time to pick your Titan and represent Godzilla or Kong! Check out some products below and click here for even more options!

Godzilla wins 2021 Shirt
Godzilla Hoodie
Kong Wins 2021 Shirt

This article was written By G. H. (Gman) and published on 2021-05-19 19:39:09

Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) is the sequel to Michael Dougherty's Godzilla 2: King of the Monsters and will be the fourth and final installment in the Monsterverse movie quadrilogy. It will also bridge both the Godzilla movies and Kong: Skull Island by bringing Godzilla and Kong face-to-face for an epic match-up. To learn more about Godzilla vs. Kong, check out the Godzilla vs. Kong about page here!

Stay up to date with the latest news on Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) by liking us on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram! Also, consider subscribing your email to our blog for instant notifications of when new posts are made!

Related Godzilla Movies Articles
22 Fan responses to Singular Point Godzilla March Leaked?

GiganMember2251 XPMay-19-2021 9:59 PM

I mean it’s a good theme and all, But it doesn’t really fit an evil godzilla for me

GiganAdmin4114 XPMay-19-2021 10:14 PM

SarcasticGoji,
Ifukube's Godzilla theme fits him no matter what. This portion was used plenty of times when he was the villain: Godzilla vs. Biollante, Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, Godzilla vs. Mothra, GMK, Shin Godzilla.

GiganMember2251 XPMay-19-2021 10:19 PM

I know but the theme sounds happy to me.. It wasn’t used in his rampage in 1954, and just doesn’t seem to work with it. Maybe when I see the scene itself it will be better.

GiganMember2251 XPMay-19-2021 10:19 PM

GiganMember2251 XPMay-19-2021 10:20 PM

oh doubles again,

but gmk and Shin didn’t have this particular part during any scenes with godzilla in it. Just in the credits

GiganAdmin4114 XPMay-19-2021 10:50 PM

SarcasticGoji,
It definitely played during Godzilla's attack in the original film. Skip to 3:35 here. It also played during Godzilla's landfall in Shin Godzilla--Check out 1:30 on this video.

Additionally it's heard multiple times when he's the main antagonist in the Heisei films, particularly when he's freed from the volcano in Biollante.

GiganMember2251 XPMay-19-2021 11:00 PM

oh, yeah. I didn’t really mean the Fury Portion. I don’t know the names of the motif, but the one that played in shin, very slowly though.

GiganAdmin4114 XPMay-19-2021 11:01 PM

Here's the Biollante entrance--A great example of its use after main characters struggle to keep Godzilla from returning:

Godzilla vs Biollante - Godzilla comes out of the volcano

GiganMember2251 XPMay-19-2021 11:01 PM

wait isn’t it called the march section?

GiganAdmin4114 XPMay-19-2021 11:03 PM

SarcasticGoji,
I wasn't talking about the Fury portion. The march is heard during Godzilla's attack in that clip at the 3:35 mark and in the Shin Godzilla clip at the 1:30 mark. Slow or not, it's still the same theme.

GiganMember2251 XPMay-19-2021 11:11 PM

I dont hear the march at 3:35, I’ll move more around, in the clip though to find it. I do think it’s i’m a different key. It just seems too happy for me to work with.

GiganMember2251 XPMay-19-2021 11:13 PM

Both examples are in different keys than the theme is usually played in.. maybe, but it doesn’t completely work for me

GiganAdmin4114 XPMay-19-2021 11:15 PM

Odd, not sure how you're missing it. Here's a direct link to when it starts. It's when Godzilla's firing his ray at the firetrucks.

I also don't agree it's a "happy" tune. It's certainly an action cue and a typical march, but I don't get anything happy from it.

GiganMember2251 XPMay-19-2021 11:18 PM

I don’t mean that it evokes happiness. But it just doesn’t really work for me. It’s too bright and doesn’t really portray the horror or power. The Key in the 1954 and 1989 versions (which i assume are the same recording) do help with my problem, but it evokes more panic, I would use it more to focus on the people and military, not the monster.

GiganMember2251 XPMay-19-2021 11:20 PM

I’m going to try to listen the march portion differently, ali want to see how my views of it change.

GiganAdmin4114 XPMay-19-2021 11:21 PM

SarcasticGoji,
The 1989 version is a re-recording. And while agree it doesn't evoke horror, I do think it provides a sense of aggressive power behind Godzilla. Of the pieces used to underscore Godzilla's character I think his march encompasses him best as a whole.

GiganMember2251 XPMay-19-2021 11:24 PM

I don’t really hear that. Maybe i’m judging it too much. I didn’t really have this problem until I tried to make my own version. I think i’ve mentioned my godzilla a billion times so i won’t say more, but it doesnt seem quite right for me now.

Maybe I should try listening to it differently.

I really like this Singular Point one of Reveiw though. It seems to evoke power and something else, i’m not exactly sure what yet.

TexanGodzilla

BaragonMember105 XPMay-20-2021 8:51 AM

I heard this, 2 of the episode of 1-9. i heard a different Godzilla theme which was really cool. Just like the heisei Godzilla theme but upgraded & has a different part of the song. It was pretty cool. yes i watch the episodes

GiganMember2251 XPMay-24-2021 4:24 PM

I just figured out how to approach the march motif! Now I can stop freaking out about it

GiganMember2251 XPMay-26-2021 3:18 PM

OH THIS LEAK IS DEFINITELY REAL!!!!!!!

GiganAdmin4114 XPMay-26-2021 4:24 PM

Yep... Wow... Just... Holy cow!

sonictiger

96% To Next Rank
Baragon
KaijuFan_6754
KaijuFan_6754
68% To Next Rank
Baragon
Godzilla vs. Covid-19 Shirt!
Godzilla vs. Kong Sweater