The Hood #TeamGhidorah
I do not mean to offend anyone in this topic
Many have been saying Godzilla Awakening is not canon, however I think I have proof Godzilla Awakening is canon
1.Why was it being developed, if it isnt meant to be canon
2. Why was Godzilla coming to the surface if GA isnt canon and the Shinomura wasnt there... No reason right? Yes he was awakened but he didnt have to come to the surface for any particular reason BESIDES... To kill the Shinomura
3. Also I know people are saying the Tzar Bomba can badly hurt Big G, but he survived the Permian and your feeding him radiation every time you hit gime with a nuke
I am aware they say Godzilla was awakened by a nuclear sub but still there is too much evidence for it to be wrong
1. To make money? There are plenty of things made that aren't cannon to actual main stories that are made siimply to reach out to another audience
2. He was awakened by a sub. If you wake up you naturally get up right? In every aspect of Godzilla when he's been awakened he's simpy gone out. Look at the original The nukes awakened him and he just got up and started destroying things. Was there another monster there calling him? No. The same thing happens in heisei. Godzilla wakes up and starts destroying things, there's no ulterior motive. No other force he just wakes up and does things.
3. That has nothing to do with anything just a tangent you're going on about another thread. It doesn't say anything about why Awakening is cannon.
I think there is much more evidence saying it's not. The other monster is never mentioned in the movie. That's right it they're willing to share info on Godzilla waking up why not include, "hey he fought another monster" That would have actually strengthened Seriawa's speculation that he is hunting the mutos and establish him as a balancer. The movie says they used a nuke on him and shows footage of it. There's no other monster being targeted, nothing else happening simply him waking up and going back to sleep.
The Hood #TeamGhidorah
Thanks for that, but I still personally believe it is right
Well, a comic tie-in usually gives a backstory to better allow the audience get an idea of things going on. So unless a sequel, another comic tie-in or an actual prequel film retcons everything, then Awakening can be considered canon.
Yeah I don't see why it couldn't be canon. Just because Shinomura wasn't mentioned doesn't mean it isn't canon, Shinomura wasn't even relevant to anything going on. Most of the world didn't even know Godzilla existed.
^ According to these. Yeah it is, also there's multiple interviews that say it is. Plus the movie Kong Skull Island using the date when Monarch was established from the graphic novel and not the 2014 Godzilla film is further evidence. There's other things to consider as well. The post credit scene in Kong Skull Island reveals that Godzilla has awaken throughout earths history, just like what the graphic novel says, and more recently the monarch timeline includes General Macarthur. A character from the graphic novel.
Some of the inconsistencies from Awakening & 2014 film can be solved by simply remembering that Monarch is a secret organization that won't reveal the entire truth about Giant Monsters owning this earth. What they told to Ford was a cover story that simply only involved the Monsters in question, and keep everything else under wraps. Especially when you take a look at there timeline. They have been keeping track of MUTO'S throughout the years, and even contain some.
Sign in to add a reply to this topic!